Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What you gonna do with the R button :cool:
find a way to delete them, unless I can program them for something else. I actually hate having all the raptor options without functionality lol. and the logo at the bottom of the wheel.
Sponsored

OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the reason I'm following. Paddles do nothing for me, but the heat is a must.

I've done this on my LWN Colorado, where the heat circuit was installed but not from the column to wheel, so it only needed a heated wheel (from an Acadia, that needed to be dyed black, rewired with a different harness, long story...) and the clockspring with the heat circuit. Since the heat activate button was on the wheel, it was primarily those two things. From what I've read or been able to find, the HVAC panel will need to be swapped with the Lux panel with wheel heat, as well, for the switch to activate it.
Yes, a lot of this is similar to the F150s as well, which I am real used to. It’s the same on them. Would be far less expensive finding a Lux wheel with heat option and going that route. Similar install, nonetheless.

OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the steering input button work? Such that you can be in normal goat mode but engage the tighter steering input that comes on with Sport mode?
I have never fully verified functionality of them. Also don’t have the true as-built for the raptor to adjust in Forscan. I might mess around with them though and see what I can come up with. I have my doubts about it working that easily. I only left them because it would’ve left a weird void on the wheel if removed.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, a lot of this is similar to the F150s as well, which I am real used to. It’s the same on them. Would be far less expensive finding a Lux wheel with heat option and going that route. Similar install, nonetheless.
Would it? Maybe by a couple hundred or so from what I've seen on pricing, but no matter what, wheel swaps are spendy.

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have never fully verified functionality of them. Also don’t have the true as-built for the raptor to adjust in Forscan. I might mess around with them though and see what I can come up with. I have my doubts about it working that easily. I only left them because it would’ve left a weird void on the wheel if removed.
Here is my Raptor as built info if you need it. Lux so it should have everything, hopefully this can help.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is my Raptor as built info if you need it. Lux so it should have everything, hopefully this can help.
Appreciate ya! I’ll look into this more

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is cool. I’d be game if the raptor buttons could be mapped to certain features, like have the R button put you into sport mode and then have the rest be aux switches for lights.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

First post on the forums, so figure we'll make it a good one. Got the raptor steering wheel swapped with functional paddles thanks to BoostedGreyGooseDesigns and a prototype harness from him.

Below is a little write up from install. (I wrote this up for another purpose in a pdf prior, so sorry for all the captions inbedded in the pics*)
As always, before completing work like this...disconnect the battery.

Give a follow on instagram to show some support...gonna be working on some other better mods here in the future.
IG: Bronc.fifty_

1686134928428.png

1686134943474.png

1686134955232.png

1686134968519.png

1686134983891.png

1686134998317.png

1686135008659.png

1686135019268.png

1686135029513.png

1686135040710.png

Repeat disassembly steps to reassemble.

If you choose to not swap over the steering controls and use the ones that come on the raptor wheel, Forscan updates should be made to the SCCM to enable the steering wheel controls. There is a left and right steering wheel control line that will need adjusted. This will vary depending on what model Bronco you have. You can disassemble the controls and swap over the original, but I did not at this time. I was able to enable everything on my model.

Here's a little teaser pic. hopefully we get the 12" screen working next.

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

Happy modding everybody!

-Pat
I'd be surprised if our friends at @Mabett or another aftermarket company doesn't make something similar in the future. If this can be done at a more reasonable price point, I think a lot of folks would jump on it.

OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, when's the Raptor digital instrument panel to Badlands mod coming?
For me the digital cluster is lower on the priority listo_O...I've got some other things to work on first like the 12" screen....probably one day, but not high on my list currently.

Sponsored

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
epic first post! Thanks.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone is doing a takeoff, I’ll buy your leather wheel if it’s a decent price. Especially if you live in Vegas.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea as to the timeline for the extension harness being available? Just checked the website and no sign of the Bronco stuff.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any idea as to the timeline for the extension harness being available? Just checked the website and no sign of the Bronco stuff.
Should be on the site soon! So far me and Pat are the first 2 rigs with it on and working as of today. The harness build quality and labeling are top notch as expected of Lawrence and the rest of the crew at Boosted grey goose designs! It is a 100% plug and play affair minus the buttons if you decide to use the bronco raptor ones but like Pat said nothing Forscan can’t fix.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice write up, it's a very intriguing mod, I'm going to have to watch this thread, very curious to see how this all pans out with the functionality.
Sponsored