First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The scam artists changed the VIN# on the windshield and doors, complete with working QR codes for a different Braptor that was less then 30 days old and not at the dealership yet. He traded the Braptor in after a few weeks for a brand-new F-150 Raptor valued at 90k. The dealership noticed that components for the 23 were not matching up for the build, and checked what I am guessing was a stamped or etched number somewhere.
Somewhat more sophisticated. The dealership only noticed when the digital VIN inside one of the computers didn't match the physical VIN on the dash.

AZ MVD (Motor Vehicle Division in AZ). Never noticed anything was wrong, and issued an AZ title with the fake VIN.

MotoFish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats great they actually caught the dirtbags. Sadly they will be replaced in no time at all. Probably not even cause a hiccup in the grand scheme of things.
These punks are just the ones out getting the vehicles. The operation is much bigger.

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol welcome ladies and gents back. see how more and more stories are unfolding? I have more info on all this including a 92 Page Canton PD police report I was given with my Vin on it of course between 8 different Braptors stolen so its not just about my Vin but jammed in with 7 others I believe. Now this article came out which involves my Bronco of course. Heres an AZ side to the story. I am still out the money. Oh and I also have a useless excel spread sheet of every vehicle taken off the ford lots in 2022 and 2023. About 200 cars between F150 mustang navigators explorers and broncos

Oh and this company Called Cascio motors lost over 300K in stolen F150s which also got confiscated. Any other complainers in here? Shall I start a go fund me maybe?

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/19/michigan-police-make-arrests-auto-theft-ring-that-led-arizona/

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol welcome ladies and gents back. see how more and more stories are unfolding? I have more info on all this including a 92 Page Canton PD police report I was given with my Vin on it of course between 8 different Braptors stolen so its not just about my Vin but jammed in with 7 others I believe. Now this article came out which involves my Bronco of course. Heres an AZ side to the story. I am still out the money. Oh and I also have a useless excel spread sheet of every vehicle taken off the ford lots in 2022 and 2023. About 200 cars between F150 mustang navigators explorers and broncos

Oh and this company Called Cascio motors lost over 300K in stolen F150s which also got confiscated. Any other complainers in here? Shall I start a go fund me maybe?

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/19/michigan-police-make-arrests-auto-theft-ring-that-led-arizona/
Well that's the update we were looking for. I sympathize that you lost money to criminals. What did your insurance company say?

Sponsored

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well that's the update we were looking for. I sympathize that you lost money to criminals. What did your insurance company say?
That got denied a while ago as expected. Actually going in for an interview with local news that posted that video next week. Called me today

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That got denied a while ago as expected. Actually going in for an interview with local news that posted that video next week. Called me today
Got denied?? Why did you not purchase Comprehensive coverage because that's the only way most any insurance companies will deny a theft claim. Normally only pay your deductible and you are good to go.

What does comprehensive cover?
Comprehensive coverage covers damages to your vehicle in certain situations. It's sometimes referred to as "other than collision" coverage. All that means is that it may cover damages to your vehicle that collision coverage doesn't. This may include, but is not limited to, things like:
  • Theft
  • Glass breakage
  • Fire
  • Floods and hail
  • Hitting an animal

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got denied?? Why did you not purchase Comprehensive coverage because that's the only way most any insurance companies will deny a theft claim. Normally only pay your deductible and you are good to go.

What does comprehensive cover?
Comprehensive coverage covers damages to your vehicle in certain situations. It's sometimes referred to as "other than collision" coverage. All that means is that it may cover damages to your vehicle that collision coverage doesn't. This may include, but is not limited to, things like:
  • Theft
  • Glass breakage
  • Fire
  • Floods and hail
  • Hitting an animal
Was vin swapped so there was a fine line. I had the under impression Vin insured not the real vin. The vin that I got the title to which was not the OG vin. Best case would have arguably been i got tboned or something as bad as it sounds and it got totaled out. But I was honest with the insurance about the vin and the story but was told by another agent I know (adjuster at statefarm) as I have GEICO to give it a shot. It did move up the ranks with GEICO but was ultimately denied. I was not surprised I wouldn’t pay someone out either for that if you told me that. Second the OG vin in theory was reported stolen

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was vin swapped so there was a fine line. I had the under impression Vin insured not the real vin. The vin that I got the title to which was not the OG vin. Best case would have arguably been i got tboned or something as bad as it sounds and it got totaled out. But I was honest with the insurance about the vin and the story but was told by another agent I know (adjuster at statefarm) as I have GEICO to give it a shot. It did move up the ranks with GEICO but was ultimately denied. I was not surprised I wouldn’t pay someone out either for that if you told me that. Second the OG vin in theory was reported stolen
Oh crap....sorry to hear this! I hope something works out for you in the end!

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have an interview scheduled tomorrow morning / will be connected with one of the people on the title who was prior interviewed if I listed the link. Who had her identity stolen

APhysicist

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on how the crooks swapped the window VIN plate? I had heard that was really hard to do. Could be some insiders at Ford duplicating VIN plate for the smuggling ring to attach to the stolen vehicle? Ford should start an internal investigation to see how the duplicate VIN plate was made and find out internal crooks.

Very sorry to hear about your loss Nick, but thank you for sharing the details and making the rest of us very aware of how sophisticated these crooks are now.

For my own protection, I'll always have a mechanic inspect the vehicle from top to bottom, compare all VIN #s including what the computer reports, in the future. This fraud is getting really good to fool most average people.
Sponsored