First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Greetings everyone I am Nick from Phoenix and I once had a bronco raptor but I am in a tough situation currently and figured I would try one last shot of help. No attorney is helping me , private investigator , or ford corporate. I am currently out 75k and my Bronco raptor that I feel I deserve back. I am not new to forums or the truck world I come from a land over at tacomaworld.com over 5-6 years now. Geico my insurance company is trying to help me but not getting much (ive been completely transparent with them and they couldn't believe the story but are fairly invested). Just looking for SOME help from the community

Everyone bare with me and take this thread down if need be. Please no insults im already screwed out the money anyway

STORY:
I purchased a new ish ford bronco raptor (2023 model) off craigslist (March 27). About 10 days or so after purchase I realized I needed a truck (April 11). I traded it into the Chapman Ford (The Bronco) for a new Ford raptor. I had it for 10 days. I get a call Tuesday April 18 from the dealer to immediately bring it back (new car in my possession and registered to me now). Well the thing was stolen (the bronco I bought) BUT from the Ford factory (from the plant). They have over 4 million dollars in Broncos mustang and F150s missing publicly on the news. Now when i bought this Bronco it was a cash deal seller wanted cash only. I do my due diligence I run the carfax comes back clean, I check the door vin to the title it's a match. I check the car vin to the window its a match. Final step the next day I tell him meet me at the DMV he meets me at the DMV. We go in with his title it clears boom I have a Arizona title to this bronco my name the exact vin everything. All is good. Well now I am out the vehicle I purchased and 75 thousand dollars (from the bronco). The Ford dealer is giving it back to Ford. Apparently Ford already got their insurance payout (from the lost bronco). I am out my brand new raptor I also bought as I was forced to return it and the Bronco confiscated. The original vin does not come back stolen either when searched in a national database. I believe Ford corporate should be held liable for losing over 70-80 vehicles from their factory plant? I had to speak to the police and prove I didn't originally take the vehicle and everything.

Over 4.8 million in theft off their lot and of all people I had one in my possession unknowing.

Second I have lots of documentation and photos of person who sold it to me but not their real name / was a cash deal / and alot of paper work saved still with me (records from alaska and California)

The vin I had: 1FMEE5JR6PLB12341

THE REAL VIN IT WAS AND A 2022 ACTUALLY: 1FMEE5JRXNLA50665

Its still sitting locked up at the dealer today. I believe the vehicle is now useless and in reality would be great to just have it back and enjoy it with a branded title till it dies.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm confused...why did you HAVE to return the Raptor that you purchased legally?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that's one f**ked up situation, lawyer up ASAP. Hope things work out for you.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is horrible for you and I’m sorry. It sounds like you did your initial due diligence but unfortunately didn’t know what you didn’t know. To the rest of us it’s a reminder not to let emotions cloud judgement and pay attention to anything that seems a little suspicious. I’d like to say an online, private party, below market deal, cash requirement would have trigger my “too good to be true” response, but who knows

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The $75K was to good to be true. Good luck as the scammer got away with the cash, your best bet is to find the scammer and take legal action.
Exactly....

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still confused. One of two BMVs titled a stolen vehicle to you. I ran the VIN to the 2023 and it has a build date of 4/5/23 and warranty start date of 4/18/23.

How did the dealer trade it and not know it was lifted right then and there. Is there no way to just pay for the second one and deal with the conversion later?

Sponsored
OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree to what everyone is saying and the 6-10 attorneys I have contacted all responded no and its a conflict of interest. I am trying to go more towards cooperate is what they are not understanding and or make this public to ford. They turn me down as its a conflict of interest which I believe means they already work for the local dealers. Which is not their fault. Its mine.

I agree to all saying to good to be true. But man when you go to a DMV together and print you an AZ title on the spot with the VIN I believed to be true in my name you figure its safe. The bronco had the scan codes and everything. The guy is a John Doe to me but the lady on the title apprantly comes back as a criminal after the fact. Gina Marks

Heres the kicker now as well that vin (which I thought is mine) also got delivered 1-2 weeks ago literally about the same time when it all came to shine when they tried listing it. His carfax now I can only imagine is now started and his brand new 2023 Bronco raptor now has an owner (me in Arizona and 7k miles on it off the lot).

I have photos of the guy - his old plate - photos of the original title and registration he had

If anyone has an attorney that will actually listen to me (AZ) Do contact me PM

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have zero experience in this field, but hunch says you're going to have to go after the scammer. The dealer has no way to verify if you were the one who stole the Braptor or not, all they know is you attempted to trade in a stolen vehicle.

(Really I'm just here to watch this play out. Sorry OP.)

Ford Bronco Help: I purchased a factory stolen Bronco Raptor and had no idea 1682963089330

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm still confused. One of two BMVs titled a stolen vehicle to you. I ran the VIN to the 2023 and it has a build date of 4/5/23 and warranty start date of 4/18/23.

How did the dealer trade it and not know it was lifted right then and there. Is there no way to just pay for the second one and deal with the conversion later?
4/18 is when I got the call to my local dealer and had to speak to the police. I thought I was possibly going in for a second and I am clean true citizen no dings in my life other than 2 speeding tickets 7 years apart
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.