Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like Lizzy’s review. That’s a steep area. I wish the cameras really showed how tough a trail it really is.
Which trail was that?
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

funny how Matt is wearing a just short sleeve shirt, day or night, in the snow, at high altitude !!
He has explained that in the past. Sort of a mind over matter thing. Plus I'm sure he has a higher metabolism rate than I do.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He wasn't comfortable going on, and the fact he was wheeling alone always makes things more sketchy. He literally had to pay his way out of it, but its a lesson and everyone is fine. Next time, he will have additional people with him!
I suspect that Matt doesn't charge the people he puts in the videos.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He has explained that in the past. Sort of a mind over matter thing. Plus I'm sure he has a higher metabolism rate than I do.
He said he intentionally wears fewer clothes to acclimate to the harsher cold weather.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I shamelessly admit my enjoyment watching these offroad recovery guys like Matt, Rory (Trail Mater) and the like. They’re my kind of people.

And the off-road wrecker games could prove to be an instant hit - hope all who are able to attend have a great time!

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I shamelessly admit my enjoyment watching these offroad recovery guys like Matt, Rory (Trail Mater) and the like. They’re my kind of people.

And the off-road wrecker games could prove to be an instant hit - hope all who are able to attend have a great time!
Since they're all mostly on the same video release schedule, I call it my Southern Utah Youtube Power Hour.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, so how is that soft? The guy was alone, inexperienced, knew his limitations and didn't want to get into a situation that he couldn't handle. Better to call for help now than let your ego get in the way and risk injury and/or Bronco damage. Dude learned a good lesson that day of the importance of wheeling with company. Most oh F! recovery situations are caused by ego and/or peer pressure.
I watched the video was like "the Bronco isnt even stuck and had plenty of clearance". Then i read your comment and realized, yea lets not let our egos speak louder than our skills. The Bronco is more capable than my own skill level. I would rather pay 300$ or whatever to get the car down safe than roll it. Too many passenger side drivers here. Driver did the right thing. All i can say is, steepness doesnt show on video well.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one who found the switching back and forth between a “recovery” and a lesson to be annoying? And why wasn’t the badlands aired down and have the front sta bar disconnected?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one who found the switching back and forth between a “recovery” and a lesson to be annoying?
This is something new that they're trying. Add a comment to the video complaining about it and if enough people agree with you they won't do it again. It's not something that they regularly do.

Sponsored

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watch a lot of the Trail Mater videos. A lot to learn from them. Both Matt's crew and Rory's crew and rigs were at the Salt Lake Off-road expo over the weekend. Nice people!

Last edited:

ninjaBronco

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, so how is that soft? The guy was alone, inexperienced, knew his limitations and didn't want to get into a situation that he couldn't handle. Better to call for help now than let your ego get in the way and risk injury and/or Bronco damage. Dude learned a good lesson that day of the importance of wheeling with company. Most oh F! recovery situations are caused by ego and/or peer pressure.
True, I guess he should’ve had a bit more forethought and understanding of his driving ability before getting out there!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True, I guess he should’ve had a bit more forethought and understanding of his driving ability before getting out there!
Have you ever been on trails like that in mountainous regions? Typically you start out on something totally reasonable, then little by little it gets tougher. If you don't have the experience to know when to turn around, you can end up in a difficult situation once you finally do realize that you've gone too far on that trail.

I've only been doing 4-wheel drive stuff for a year, but I've been doing off road motorcycle stuff for several decades. That helps me recognize when it's time to turn around. But my personal goal is to never get stuck and never be in need of a winch, so I'm a bit conservative when making the decision to not continue. Still, I go to a lot of mountain tops and interesting off road places.
iEYugNP.jpg

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever been on trails like that in mountainous regions? Typically you start out on something totally reasonable, then little by little it gets tougher. If you don't have the experience to know when to turn around, you can end up in a difficult situation once you finally do realize that you've gone too far on that trail.

I've only been doing 4-wheel drive stuff for a year, but I've been doing off road motorcycle stuff for several decades. That helps me recognize when it's time to turn around. But my personal goal is to never get stuck and never be in need of a winch, so I'm a bit conservative when making the decision to not continue. Still, I go to a lot of mountain tops and interesting off road places.
100% agree. This happened to me three times in three weeks, and once I didn't have the chance to turn around, I just had to go (slick deep mud in all three, one I would've been F'd). Scars are cool and all, but I'd rather not jack my new ride up just 'cuz I got more bone than brain in my head.

Hat tip Homer. Doh!
Sponsored