North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was extremely disappointed with the lack of details given in the F150 presentation. If the Bronco reveal is packed with as much feel-good marketing fluff and lacks any good details, or slow sweeping video of the vehicle at a distance and angle that lets you get a really good look at it I'm going to be pissed.

We've waited, and waited, and been delayed again and again. This better not be as much of a waste of time as the F150 presentation.
100% agree, I really hope some of the real Ford Marketing people read this thread and listen to what the enthusiasts want. If they really think they are going to enthrall 200,000 people with non-information can someone please recommend a new marketing team for Ford.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think something to keep in mind too is that not everyone that'll be watching is a hardcore fan or offroader, etc.. So Ford has to walk a fine line between giving those that do want every little piece of info a lot of info, and not overwhelming random Joe Schmoe that just wants a cool looking vehicle that he can take the doors and roof off of.

If they sit there too long in specific details and specs of how the suspension is placed at precisely 23.583 degrees and spaced out at 1.629" and blah blah, Joe Schmoe customer will tune out and not care, whereas on the flip side, if they just say "Here's Bronco. You can take the doors and roof off. It has an engine. K thanks for watching, bye", they'll turn off the more hardcore fans.

Ford also tends to not give as much info at debut, and then release more closer to release date. I think they'll give more than F-150 (as others have pointed out, it's a redesign, so while there's plenty to point out, F-150 buyers generally know what to expect), but I don't expect them to go into ultra specifics like some here may want.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think something to keep in mind too is that not everyone that'll be watching is a hardcore fan or offroader, etc.. So Ford has to walk a fine line between giving those that do want every little piece of info a lot of info, and not overwhelming random Joe Schmoe that just wants a cool looking vehicle that he can take the doors and roof off of.

If they sit there too long in specific details and specs of how the suspension is placed at precisely 23.583 degrees and spaced out at 1.629" and blah blah, Joe Schmoe customer will tune out and not care, whereas on the flip side, if they just say "Here's Bronco. You can take the doors and roof off. It has an engine. K thanks for watching, bye", they'll turn off the more hardcore fans.

Ford also tends to not give as much info at debut, and then release more closer to release date. I think they'll give more than F-150 (as others have pointed out, it's a redesign, so while there's plenty to point out, F-150 buyers generally know what to expect), but I don't expect them to go into ultra specifics like some here may want.
Bottom line: is Fighter Jet Grey and the 12' screen available on a 1st Edition or not?? That's all that matters.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were some HUGE information gaps in that presentation. It's one thing to say it will have X number of engine options and not get buried in the weeds with detail, but to not even flash an infographic or give any of the details on any of the engines makes you wonder why they even bothered to tell you how many there were. Same with the making a big deal about it having eleven grilles "oh my gosh eleven?!" and then not show any ...

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There were some HUGE information gaps in that presentation. It's one thing to say it will have X number of engine options and not get buried in the weeds with detail, but to not even flash an infographic or give any of the details on any of the engines makes you wonder why they even bothered to tell you how many there were. Same with the making a big deal about it having eleven grilles "oh my gosh eleven?!" and then not show any ...
Makes you wonder if they think the average customer is just to dumb to understand anything more them 11 grills, sad.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The newest leak will have us understanding that 15 of the what was it? 180 or something customizable parts from launch will be grilles.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The newest leak will have us understanding that 15 of the what was it? 180 or something customizable parts from launch will be grilles.
I completely expect their hundreds of accessories to be 20-30 with two shapes and 10 color variations (and of course 8 of those will be shades of grey).

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I was particularly annoyed with that. You boast you have 11 grilles and don't show them? I was expecting a graphic of all 11 so you could compare them all at once or something...

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Them: "Eleven grills?" "Yes, eleven grills."
Me: Let's see them.
Them: Let's show these couple of trucks in the studio and then be done. At least you know you can take a nap in the front seat.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prepare to be teased, this is only the first date and daddy wants her home by 10.

It's not going to be as much as we want and y'all will be mad. More details and videos will be dribbled out over the next 4 months. It may be 2 or more months before journalists even get their hands on pre production units for chaperoned test drive events.

Can't wait to write the check for a carbonized grey 4dr.
I doubt that, or they wouldn't be banning people who leak information.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess they think we're supposed to identify the engine by the pictures.

They went into a LOT of detail about the stupid console and the stupid sleeping chairs. I'm having trouble believing tons of blonde chicks sleep in their trucks. I am a blonde chick and I have never slept in my truck. I loved the look of the new seats, but I probably wouldn't even be able to afford that trim level.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having trouble believing tons of blonde chicks sleep in their trucks.
If that was Ford's plan, I'm sure theyd'a made the passenger seat convert to a toilet :)

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford never reveals engine numbers until right before they are released. That way they can keep the upper hand over the competition and keep their 'Best in Class' ratings with horsepower and torque, towing etc. They've had to adjust those numbers before just for those reasons. I think it was in the last few years that Dodge had a commercial out with the 'Best in Class' torque rating, and the commercial only aired for about a month before Ford upped their numbers.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford has a whole basket of shit sandwiches to hand-feed Jeep with over the next few months. They probably won't shove them all down their throats at the reveal.
Sponsored