First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently took delivery of my non-squatch MT Badlands. I've never owned a Jeep or an off-road vehicle so I had no direct experience for what to expect as far as daily\pavement ride quality. Based on reviews I'd seen of people saying they go over speed bumps and washboard roads like they don't exist, I've been surprised at how much of the road I can feel. I don't think its any worse than any of the previous trucks\SUVs I've driven, but given the reviews and the suspension I didn't expect to so acutely feel all the cracks\bumps\ruts\whatever in my daily driving.

Were my expectations off? Even with all the suspension goodies is it still normal to feel all the things? Or is there something I should look at \ adjust to make the ride smoother?
Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tire pressure would be the first thing. Some vehicles were delivered higher than ideal.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This^^^^

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second the suggestion of checking your tire PSI. My Sasquatch was delivered almost 20 psi over recommended pressure. Made for a spine tingling ride the first few days.

After I dropped it to about 35 (cold, heats up to 39 after 2-3 miles), the ride is really soft like I anticipated.

I don't know the recommendations for the 33" tires, but I imagine it's about the same. Check your door seal placard.

thestep90

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I 2nd checking your tire pressure, some people had 50lbs in the tires!

Sponsored
OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at 42 on all 4 tires (recommend is 39). I'll drop it and see how that goes.

In general what should my expectations be? Should it feel cloud-like? Or just in the normal SUV\truck range? I'm not unhappy with it, just curious as to what its supposed to be so I can make sure to get it dialed in.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at 42 on all 4 tires (recommend is 39). I'll drop it and see how that goes.

In general what should my expectations be? Should it feel cloud-like? Or just in the normal SUV\truck range? I'm not unhappy with it, just curious as to what its supposed to be so I can make sure to get it dialed in.
You're still in a truck, not a Cadillac. You should expect it to feel composed and sure footed, but you will feel the road still. Good ride quality means when you hit something, you dont bounce around (1 up, 1 down is the saying) and that the suspension absorbs the shock without moving the body around too much.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Expectations should be on the cushier side of the SUV/Truck range due to the nice shocks and IFS. Go drive a JL Wrangler and you'll see how much better it is than the competition.
Sponsored