First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I must say, I just installed the DesertDoesIt seat jackers and it took my comfort to a whole new level. I was kinda irked to pay $80 for a few metal blocks. But, I have herniated discs and frequent lower back pain. A few adjustments to the seat back and lumbar and immediately made me feel like I was actually fully seated in the cockpit. The 2-3-4 shift feels amazing.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must say, I just installed the DesertDoesIt seat jackers and it took my comfort to a whole new level. I was kinda irked to pay $80 for a few metal blocks. But, I have herniated discs and frequent lower back pain. A few adjustments to the seat back and lumbar and immediately made me feel like I was actually fully seated in the cockpit. The 2-3-4 shift feels amazing.
How many did you end up using?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lee_Oberto

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, the seat jackers (two stacked) helped a lot for me. I still have a sciatic pinch (compression) that sets in after a few hours of driving. I think the lumbar isn't in the right place to prevent my pelvis from tilting just enough to cause sciatic nerve compression and that makes the seats really uncomfortable. My next step is to take the driver's seat upholstery off and mod the lumbar and incorporate a gel seat base. I have to believe that when Ford was doing the driving evaluations and durability testing some of the factory drivers must have discovered that the factory geometry on the mechanical seat was uncomfortable for some people. Like anything else, I suppose that number was small and rather than retool a seat line they went with it. I hope Ford reviews the ergo / human factors and makes some changes to give a better range of motion because this is a problem for a lot of us. If you are the right height they fit well and feel great, if you are not - they really can be painfully bad. I'm 6''2" and I'm hurting after a few hours. I actually measured the angles and compared it to a human factors paper. With the Seat Jackers, the geometry is in the range of normally accepted angles. But just barely for me because of the angles taller people will make. I really do like my Bronco and I will figure this out!

Wolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FFH, Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Black Diamond seats were super comfortable. Drove to Tahoe and back, around 350 miles and never felt a twinge of back or hip pain, which I do in my husbands Beamer. I'm hoping the Base seats are the same as the BD, just fabric instead of MGV. Will be getting Katzkins for it.
I just picked up my Black Diamond and the seats were noticeably comfortable, in that I noticed it and commented on it to the spouse. I'm 6'3" though, and also have a manual, so maybe that has something to do with it, as others have noted.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
sitting in and of it self is the worst thing you can do for your back. Discs are at their most loaded in lumbar when seated as they are trying to more or less come out of the spine when sitting. I also have multiple lumbar issues and one mans dream seat is another mans nightmare seat.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I received my Big Bend standard package manual transmission Bronco two days ago, and the seats are so uncomfortable that I am having intense back pain. I’m wondering if this is the case for anyone else. The lumbar seems to sit lower than my Xterra and is not height adjustable. I’m used to driving on truck chassis and a stick as I had an Xterra (manual) forever so it’s not that. But these seats just feel wrong no matter how I adjust them. Everything else about the bronco is great. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience or has thoughts.
I have a Base model and have had it since December. I've taken some pretty far trips with no problems I'm six feet tall. It does take a little while to get the adjustments just right, but once you do should be good.

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My MGV seats are the most comfortable between my Mercedes/Tesla/BMW. (I need to get rid of one or two of those cars).

Lee_Oberto

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just picked up my Black Diamond and the seats were noticeably comfortable, in that I noticed it and commented on it to the spouse. I'm 6'3" though, and also have a manual, so maybe that has something to do with it, as others have noted.
I'd be curious to know if you're ok after a few hours of drivetime - like 2-3 hrs. Your pretty close to my height, knowing your experience will be helpful.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just came across this thread and found it interesting. I have a 21 badlands 4dr with leather. Seats are not comfortable. They're fine for around town or to work and back, but I've driven it to my grandparents house 90 minutes away and back and it was awful. I went to the Vegas offroadeo in October 21 and drove a base 2dr cloth and I was comfortable in it all day. I have another reservation I need to either fulfill or cancel, so I'm gonna be ordering something with cloth seats. Debating on BB/OBX, was trying to find if there's any comfort difference in the seats, if the ribbed ones are better or worse. Personally I would just order a base manual or bb as I like the black seats and hate the painted mirrors/fenders. But the wife wants the heated steering wheel so contemplating jumping up to the obx for the lux package(probably ordering black anyway). The only way to get cloth seats and heated steering wheel on these things. As for the seat jackers. with my sciatic/lower back pain I need the front of the seat lower. I can't lower the front of the seat enough in my '21 and they're overly firm so it causes issues. Sadly, I put 2+2 together too late. My dad got a maverick hybrid xlt cloth last week and I drove it and it was the most comfortable vehicle I've driven in years. Crazy how that works.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 21 FE and find the seats very supportive and comfortable. I've had back surgery and many seats are no longer comfortable to me, especially after a longer drive time. But I've been happily surprised by the amount of comfort I feel in my Bronco, especially compared to many other vehicles I have driven. For being what it is, I think the comfort level is great.

tdh1971

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 22 badland seats are very comfortable. I have lower back issues and I have not had any discomfort yet while driving.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the seats are great. I'm 6' 2", my wife is 5' 6" and she likes them too.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
5’ 10” (Used to be 6’) Fractured L5, ruptured L4-L5 and L5-S1.
Base seats are some of the most comfortable I’ve sat in in any automobile… Ever. Did not expect that at all. My fear is that when they break in they no longer will be.
Sponsored