Sponsored

Which Bronco Seats are the Most Comfortable?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I realize this is a slightly subjective question, but in general which Bronco seats are the most comfortable? The simple cloth seats found in everything from the base to some wildtraks with only manual lumbar and reclining functions, the new vinyl-standard seats, or the top of the line raptor seats?

I'm not sure exactly what seats come with what features, such as adjustable head rests, but I'm looking for something with some decent adjustment options, especially thigh support and or a longer seat cushion as I am 6'4 and plan on road tripping this thing...should I be looking at the mid package, etc?

I loved the simple cloth seats in my 2018 F150 that had manual recling/lumbar and power height/thigh support. I think they were probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle that I ever owned.

Lastly I am not a big fan of plastic/vinyl seats because of swamp butt *but* I am willing to get some good seat covers if the trade off is a more comfortable seat for those long multi-day trips!

Many thanks!
Sponsored

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I love the seats in the Silverado and past Sierra trucks. Have not ridden in a F150 so cannot compare.

But, comparing my Bronco Heritage cloth seats to my past Wrangler JL leather. I prefer the Bronco seats 100% more. No complains from my wife with the Bronco seats as well. The heated seats in the Bronco get a lot warmer than my Chevy or my wifeā€™s Lexus.

I am 5ā€™11ā€ and on the 2 hour + drives has been great. I have the mid package.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO, I think the Recaro seats that come in a Raptor truck are the most comfortable ones out there. Love mine! I donā€™t know if theyā€™re a direct bolt in to the Bronco, but if they are, Iā€™d probably try and get a set of fronts.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I realize this is a slightly subjective question, but in general which Bronco seats are the most comfortable? The simple cloth seats found in everything from the base to some wildtraks with only manual lumbar and reclining functions, the new vinyl-standard seats, or the top of the line raptor seats?

I'm not sure exactly what seats come with what features, such as adjustable head rests, but I'm looking for something with some decent adjustment options, especially thigh support and or a longer seat cushion as I am 6'4 and plan on road tripping this thing...should I be looking at the mid package, etc?

I loved the simple cloth seats in my 2018 F150 that had manual recling/lumbar and power height/thigh support. I think they were probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle that I ever owned.

Lastly I am not a big fan of plastic/vinyl seats because of swamp butt *but* I am willing to get some good seat covers if the trade off is a more comfortable seat for those long multi-day trips!

Many thanks!
Get the Powered seats.. You will never be able to get in and out with the manual seats.. Iā€™m giving up the BigBend with the manual seats because I canā€™t adjust it for my parka and high boots in Alaska.. Iā€™m 5ā€™10 .. Powered/heated seats!

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get the Powered seats.. You will never be able to get in and out with the manual seats.. Iā€™m giving up the BigBend with the manual seats because I canā€™t adjust it for my parka and high boots in Alaska.. Iā€™m 5ā€™10 .. Powered/heated seats!
So am I correct in assuming that you can't adjust the seat height with the manual seats?

How do you get the 10-way adjustable seats on a Black Diamond? Any way other than a $3800 leather upgrade from the standard package to mid package on a Badlands? Argh

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So am I correct in assuming that you can't adjust the seat height with the manual seats?

How do you get the 10-way adjustable seats on a Black Diamond? Any way other than a $3800 leather upgrade from the standard package to mid package on a Badlands? Argh
The manual uses a handle you crank up or crank down.. Itā€™s plastic and the seat only goes down so far and away.. Hard to get in with Parka and swing big moon boots in.. The 2023 Badlands with heated, powered and leather seat.. I run that baby back and down and slide in.. Then, adjust perfectly to driving position.. I have a bad back.. I can ride on those leather seats for hours, where is I canā€™t stand the manual seat 30 minutes.. Itā€™s terrible seat šŸ’ŗ PERIOD!

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My manual 2023 BD seats are great. Up and down, forward & back. My Wrangler was horrible-never stayed on my up position.
Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love my Basequatch seats. They are manual and have height adjustment too. I'm 6", 34 inch inseam, very long legs. I have a hard time getting comfortable in a lot of vehicles, the Bronco fist me just fine. Good amount of steering wheel telescoping helps too as I have the seat pretty far back and up high to accommodate my long legs. I can drive it for 8 hours and still be comfortable.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case you were not aware, there are no models available with a powered seat if you choose a 2 door. Didnā€™t specify which you were looking at. Iā€™ve got plenty of adjustment (6ā€™1ā€) but your best bet is to try for yourself before buying anything.

Brncool

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best seatā€¦..mine, because it means Iā€™m driving the Bronco!
Iā€™m 6ā€™1ā€ and wouldnā€™t be the same without my power/leather seat option in the Badlands.

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The manual uses a handle you crank up or crank down.. Itā€™s plastic and the seat only goes down so far and away.. Hard to get in with Parka and swing big moon boots in.. The 2023 Badlands with heated, powered and leather seat.. I run that baby back and down and slide in.. Then, adjust perfectly to driving position.. I have a bad back.. I can ride on those leather seats for hours, where is I canā€™t stand the manual seat 30 minutes.. Itā€™s terrible seat šŸ’ŗ PERIOD!

All of this and the base tilts on the power seats, for the thigh support mentioned.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Many thanks!
No real experience with the higher trim seats, but I specifically ordered a Big Bend as I prefer the cloth seats but wanted the heat function that comes in the BB Mid pkg. I've done 6 8 hours+ days so far with trips from NW Florida to Pennsylvania, New England and several south Florida locations. I find them extremely comfortable, and the cloth adds that bit of breathability I was afraid the MGV seats would not have. They're not quite the leather thrones that were in our '04 Navigator. But outside of leather Recaro's, not sure I'd trade the BB level seats (w/heat) for any other trim levels offering.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two doors have manual seats BTW.

But I love my OBX Lux seats in Roast. Very comfortable.

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'4'" as well, and on the huskier side, and just picked up my 24 Badlands with the MGV and manual adjust seats. Though I have not experienced the seats in the heat of the summer, I can imagine the Swamp Butt they produce...and am not looking forward to it. That said, these seats are super comfortable. Much more cushioned than my 2022 Ram 1500, 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, and 2023 Hyundai Palisade Caligraphy (all had leather seats). Having manual adjustments, it takes more work to adjust the seat and steering wheel than I did in my other cars with electric seat adjustments/seat memory options...but not impossible, and I can get in and out with ease. I like to sit back in the car when I drive, and my shoulder is just about in the B-Pillar and there is very little room behind the driver's seat when I drive...but I can still comfortably (for short distances so far...not tested it on longer drives) scoot the seat up and allow more room in the back without eating my knees. I only have 100 miles on mine though, and haven't driven it more than 30-45 minutes at a time so far (dealership to home, home to work to home, and to work this morning)....my sample size is limited.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My ā€˜23 Big Bend was a Job2 truck so I got screwed out of the cloth interior I specifically ordered it for but the MGV seats were comfortable. I had no problems adjusting the seat for good comfort. The vinyl isnā€™t a win in my opinion, but seat contour and support were fine and Iā€™ve been on multiple hundred mile plus trips in a Black Diamond with the same seats. All was good. Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ with a long torso.

As a side note, we drove a Big Bend at offroadeo that had the cloth seats and to me they were more comfortable than MGV. The cloth stretched and gave more to where it just felt good. Iā€™ll be putting cloth takeoffs in by ā€˜24 Big Bend when it gets here.
Sponsored