Sponsored

Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a follow up in case it helps anyone in the vast minority that takes issue with the seats, after trying several things I found it pretty much had everything to do with the hole\cutout in the upper portion of the back. That gap, the stitching, whatever it was, just made it uncomfortable to me.

After trying a few things this is the solution I settled on and I'm really happy with it. I bought this and cut off the seat-bottom portion of it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXYWXRV

IMG_4681.jpg
Seat comfort is a very subjective topic, everyone's body is different. I'm right there with you though, the longer I've had my Bronco the more I've come to hate the drivers seat. That hole/cutout you describe is the culprit for me too. Its like having a pebble in your shoe, I notice it and don't like it. I find myself adjusting the seats a lot, I haven't touched the seat controls in my truck in years.
Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a follow up in case it helps anyone in the vast minority that takes issue with the seats, after trying several things I found it pretty much had everything to do with the hole\cutout in the upper portion of the back. That gap, the stitching, whatever it was, just made it uncomfortable to me.

After trying a few things this is the solution I settled on and I'm really happy with it. I bought this and cut off the seat-bottom portion of it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXYWXRV

IMG_4681.jpg
Thanks I just ordered one to see if it'll help me. I have an Outer Banks with leather seats which after 1000 miles haven't been as comfortable as I remembered them being. Sort of wish I had gotten cloth but my wife really wanted leather.

Has anyone tried the neoprene seat covers from the Ford accessories site? I'm curious how much padding they add, if any.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Coming from a Isuzu Vehicross with factory recaros and porsches that have fantastic seats....the Bronco seats are decent, but not on par with high end cars or trucks. Land rovers new suv has a cupholder that turns into a mini jump seat in the middle...what a fantastic idea!

OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I just ordered one to see if it'll help me. I have an Outer Banks with leather seats which after 1000 miles haven't been as comfortable as I remembered them being. Sort of wish I had gotten cloth but my wife really wanted leather.
After 5000 miles I'm still very happy with this, seat comfort has been great.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm just did an 1100 mile round trip to VA in manual seats with aftermarket leather and was just fine. Only stopped 4 times for coffee and bathroom. No fatigue.

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After 5000 miles I'm still very happy with this, seat comfort has been great.
I really appreciate this thread. I picked up my Bronco a few days ago and I'm having the exact same problem. I love driving it, but it's starting to become painful for my upper back. I ordered this seat cover so I hope it helps. I'll report back - Thanks!

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this on a similar thread, but I haven’t had any problems with the comfort of the seat. I have a ‘21 Badlands Sasquatch with Marine Grade Vinyl. My seats are very comfortable FOR ME. What I’ve learned is that seat comfort is very personal. I don’t care for my wife’s ‘21 Telluride seats and I never like her prior ‘14 Durango seats (ok, but both are too firm for my taste). My ‘99 Super Duty, and ‘17 Ram seats hurt her back, but they were perfect for me.I have a ‘21 Badlands Sasquatch with Marine Grade Vinyl. My seats are very comfortable FOR ME. What I’ve learned is that seat comfort is very personal. I don’t care for my wife’s ‘21 Telluride seats and I never like her prior ‘14 Durango seats (ok, but both are too firm for my taste). My ‘99 Super Duty, and ‘17 Ram seats hurt my wife’s back, but they were perfect for me. I use a Purple cushion when we go on long trips in my wife’s vehicle.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me, I have lumbar cranked all the way out, and seat back is upright enough that the head rest is only about an inch from the back of my head. I would love a half a click adjustment between here and 1 notch back 🤷🏻
For the OP, if your lumbar is all the way in, you feel compelled to lay the seatback down, and maybe this is why you feel like the upper back portion has no support.
As for people who say they are really comfy, these are Jeep people. Jeep seats are garbage.

OP
OP
nottinbe

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me, I have lumbar cranked all the way out, and seat back is upright enough that the head rest is only about an inch from the back of my head. I would love a half a click adjustment between here and 1 notch back 🤷🏻
For the OP, if your lumbar is all the way in, you feel compelled to lay the seatback down, and maybe this is why you feel like the upper back portion has no support.
As for people who say they are really comfy, these are Jeep people. Jeep seats are garbage.
I'm good on support, I actually do love these seats. My issue was pretty much that notch in the mid-upper back. The cover I got solved it 100% (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-else-think-seats-arent-comfortable.28666/post-1031074)

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did some adjustments to the way I ride yesterday. Typically I liked to ride high, to get good perspective on the road. Yesterday I lowered it and reclined the seats a little. It is a much more comfortable ride. I have had trouble with the magic spot and adjusted it thinking that the seats suck. Is it due to not having a higher end package? Big Bend in my ride is the cheap seats. You tell me?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cocovertigogo

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I started another thread with this issue months ago, which you can search by my name. I couldn’t resolve the comfort issue and sold my bronco.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm good on support, I actually do love these seats. My issue was pretty much that notch in the mid-upper back. The cover I got solved it 100% (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-else-think-seats-arent-comfortable.28666/post-1031074)
I have cloth seats, so I don't have the same indention as you see on the MGV. That said, I purchased the same seat cover you did and it seemed to have helped a little. Still, I can't get 100% comfortable in these seats. I love the Bronco so much, but these seats seriously suck. I was a lot more comfortable in my 2019 Jeep JL cloth seats. Besides swapping out the seats I really don't know what to do.

Broscup

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2022 BD w/ MGV and I have only recently admitted to myself that I don't like the seats and that they are the cause of my recent back pain. Everyone saying how comfortable they are is really bumming me out. My back was hurting so bad on the way home from work that I sent a request to Carvana to see how much they would give me for it. 1400 miles on it.
I'm 6'4", 220 and I have tried every position I can get the seat to go in. Lack of movement in the headrest is annoying too because they're angled so far forward. I know of a few other Broncos in my area, I might go see what kind of seats they have and ask if I can sit in them to see if there's a difference.
Sponsored