Sponsored

Which Bronco Seats are the Most Comfortable?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have manual cloth seats in my BB. I installed Mabett seat covers that are just vinyl.

The cloth is actually swampier than the vinyl - somehow. They aren't terrible at all with the seat covers on, they do get hot in the sun but the cool quickly and don't stay overly hot when you are in them. When it was just cloth I had to have beaded cushions or suffer swamp rot anytime I drove for more than 30 minutes - it was like they got hot but never could cool back down.

That said, the seat itself I didn't notice much of a difference in comfort between the manual and powered (can't speak to the Raptor). There is a difference in adjustment range and capability, but the seats themselves, once adjusted, both felt about the same to me - but I'm not a tall or overly portly dude, nor do I constantly adjust the seat every time I get in or anything; I get it set and I leave it alone.

The seats in the F150 are a lot bigger, but I don't think they are more comfortable necessarily. I do find, with a 7MT, that I tend to sit shifted to toward the center of the Bronco if I don't watch it, and that it misaligns my back in the chair. I'll notice it after a few minutes and adjust to get centered back in the seat rather than hunched over toward the shifter. I also find that, probably due to the seat covers, that my shirt back tends to get bunched and ride up if I don't watch it when I sit down - I'm hoping a better side-step will help with that when I get in the Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Many thanks for all of your guys feedback, it is really appreciated.

Someone asked about 2door vs. 4door, I am looking at the 4 door so my three boys can partake in some offroad goodness!

I am also all torso, so it's good to hear that someone like me can find a comfortable fit. I have a Rivian R1T and I am likely going to sell it in a year or two because I just don't fit in the seats well--unfortunately they have a "stylish" cut-out across the top of the seat that my shoulder blades dig into. I learned this lesson the hard way, that is why this time around I am doing all I can to make sure I can get a comfortable seat.

Next question is can you swap the manual seats for the powered seats, eg. is the wiring harness for the powered seats there already? Or is it only a powered to manual option should I choose that route?

Also are the Bronco seats readily available for sale on the used market, either cloth, MGV, and or the 10-way power upgraded models? I am aware of people selling sets of cloth covers on ebay, and the aftermarket covers like katskins, but my understanding from feedback on this forum is that the Ford factory covers themselves are not interchangable between cloth and MGV. If the entire factory seats are available I guess my plan would be to just buy the model of Bronco I want and then if the seats don't work out I will try and get a different set and see what I like best.

The feedback regarding the cloth being too hot is most interesting. I could ride in my XLT F150 seats (power up/down and thigh/lumbar + manual recline) for 12 hours and they weren't overly hot.

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I could ride in my XLT F150 seats (power up/down and thigh/lumbar + manual recline) for 12 hours and they weren't overly hot.
Same - I didn’t have any issues with cloth seats in the F150 either but they sweat me out in the Bronco. I suspect it’s a different foam underneath rather than the fabric

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many thanks for all of your guys feedback, it is really appreciated.

Someone asked about 2door vs. 4door, I am looking at the 4 door so my three boys can partake in some offroad goodness!

I am also all torso, so it's good to hear that someone like me can find a comfortable fit. I have a Rivian R1T and I am likely going to sell it in a year or two because I just don't fit in the seats well--unfortunately they have a "stylish" cut-out across the top of the seat that my shoulder blades dig into.

Next question is can you swap the manual seats for the powered seats, eg. is the wiring harness for the powered seats there already? Or is it only a powered to manual option should I choose that route?

Also are the Bronco seats readily available for sale on the used market, either cloth, MGV, and or the 10-way power upgraded models? I am aware of people selling sets of cloth covers on ebay, and the aftermarket covers like katskins, but my understanding from feedback on this forum is that the Ford factory covers themselves are not interchangable between cloth and MGV. If the entire factory seats are available I guess my plan would be to just buy the model of Bronco I want and then if the seats don't work out I will try and get a different set and see what I like best.

The feedback regarding the cloth being too hot is most interesting. I could ride in my XLT F150 seats (power up/down and thigh/lumbar + manual recline) for 12 hours and they weren't overly hot.
I checked with the dealer about upgrading manual seats to the power seats.. 💺 💺 and installation were about $6000. Now, that’s when they can get the seats.. Remember, production is always first.. 🤓

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I checked with the dealer about upgrading manual seats to the power seats.. 💺 💺 and installation were about $6000. Now, that’s when they can get the seats.. Remember, production is always first.. 🤓
You can get a set of Recaros for less than that! I guess I shouldn’t be shocked but I am

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To you have a link for those? Please
Here's an example - it's a generic seat, but made for off-road/trucks. Summit has a pretty big lineup of the Recaro stuff (most of it is racing oriented though).

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rec-4141or3206

I see some Braptor Recaro takeoffs on ebay as well that have come and gone - but given that the OEM ones have airbags they are harder to find and more expensive to get new. A lot of F150 ones but I don't think they would fit.

Here's a set for $1.00 (joke, for those that think this me posting it seriously).

Ford Bronco Which Bronco Seats are the Most Comfortable? 1706156352621

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I could swap in some F150 seats in the Bronco that would be epic...

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my Leather fully powered seats in my Badlands. One of the things I was looking for when I gave up my Harley Davidson was leather power seats, fully adjustable like I had. The Badlands Lux/Leather package took care of that. My seats are comfy, and I am 6-41/2 and 295lbs.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my MGV seats in my Badlands.

Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My manual 2023 BD seats are great. Up and down, forward & back. My Wrangler was horrible-never stayed on my up position.
I’m 5’11”.
Same height here with same seats. Agree no issues here for me.. but then again I leave it same position and only my wife ever changes the position and that’s forward not up or down. I love MGV but can’t say I have say in cloth or leather broncos

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I realize this is a slightly subjective question, but in general which Bronco seats are the most comfortable? The simple cloth seats found in everything from the base to some wildtraks with only manual lumbar and reclining functions, the new vinyl-standard seats, or the top of the line raptor seats?

I'm not sure exactly what seats come with what features, such as adjustable head rests, but I'm looking for something with some decent adjustment options, especially thigh support and or a longer seat cushion as I am 6'4 and plan on road tripping this thing...should I be looking at the mid package, etc?

I loved the simple cloth seats in my 2018 F150 that had manual recling/lumbar and power height/thigh support. I think they were probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle that I ever owned.

Lastly I am not a big fan of plastic/vinyl seats because of swamp butt *but* I am willing to get some good seat covers if the trade off is a more comfortable seat for those long multi-day trips!

Many thanks!
i have 2021 bd 4dr rubber lol seats
they are comfortable and cleanable somehow better then the wildtrac i drove lol

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So am I correct in assuming that you can't adjust the seat height with the manual seats?

How do you get the 10-way adjustable seats on a Black Diamond? Any way other than a $3800 leather upgrade from the standard package to mid package on a Badlands? Argh
yes they are adjustable , just not powered.
As far as comfort I have a manual badlands with MGV and absolutely love them most comfortable seats every. I have driven 12 plus hours on trails and roads, and I do not get that back and hip fatigue

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else have heat/sweat issues with the cloth seats? I realize this is winter time but hearing this is making me second guess searching for cloth due to the underlying foam.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else have heat/sweat issues with the cloth seats? I realize this is winter time but hearing this is making me second guess searching for cloth due to the underlying foam.
Maybe it’s just me? My wife does say I have a hot butt
Sponsored