Sponsored

Most Comfortable Ride Quality... Which Trim?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this isn't probably what you wanted to hear, but you just are not going to know until you drive one. The good news is that IF you find it too harsh... there are some very simple things you can do to smooth it out.

Just to put things in perspective. My Mazda 3 has low profile tires and is close to the ground, handles incredible, but I feel every last bump in the road.

On the Flip side, my 27 year old XJ has stiff suspension, lifted 3.5" on 31" tires and is one of the most comfortable rides I've owned. Couple weeks ago we were out on some rough trails and I was beating the wife and kids to death in the Jeep. So I hopped out and let 10 psi out of each tire and it was a totally different ride.

With 31"s and thick sidewalls, you can do that.. with thin sidewalls you can't. So for example, getting the SAS with 35s, you could easily control your comfort just messing with air pressure alone.
Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most trucks have a stiffer suspension in order to increase towing and payload. Off-road suspensions and passenger vehicles are generally less stiff. Since the Bronco has a tow rating of 3500 lbs, and the Ranger and lowest towing rating on the f-150 are both 7500 lbs, we can assume the suspension of the Bronco is much less stiff. Especially since the Bronco chassis is based on the Ranger and the ranger has the same 2.3l engine.

Also, taller tires usually have more flexible sidewalls, allowing them to absorb bumps and road imperfections that will come across as harsh bumps with lower profile, stiffer sidewall tires.
I will say as far as the tow rating goes the ranger being a conventional truck and the bronco being an open air jeep style will make a difference, somewhat like a convertible vs a coupe

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're going for comfort you'll probably want the "mall crawler" outerbanks. The badlands suspension should be stiffer as it is more geared towards off-roading.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the wildtrak would be the most comfortable over bumps since it is meant for high-speed off roading and has the high clearance suspension and big tires to help absorb

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Ranger rear axle is on leaf springs. The Bronco's is going to be on coil springs. The Bronco should have a notably less bumpy ride.
Sponsored