Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I am waiting on my 4 door OB to be made, I have a question. I will keep my 21 F150 Platinum so the Bronco will be just a fun vehicle. I am getting partial to the 2 door looks but worry about ride quality because of shortened wheel base. Has anyone owned both and can post your opinion?
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I am waiting on my 4 door OB to be made, I have a question. I will keep my 21 F150 Platinum so the Bronco will be just a fun vehicle. I am getting partial to the 2 door looks but worry about ride quality because of shortened wheel base. Has anyone owned both and can post your opinion?
I own a 2dr Badlands. A little over 13k miles now. I drove a 4 dr at Off Rodeo, and did extended test drives of two different 4dr's before I got my 2 dr. There is no discernible difference in ride quality in my opinion.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not bad. Mine with tires is more relatable to a 90’s vehicle. Can feel the road, throttle, and steering feed back. Makes me feel connected.

Small bumps feel like mountains, mountains feel like small bumps. Takes turn in the city at 40, just cut the wheel and apply some throttle. Things on rails.

My daily is a 22 burban. It is quiet, has excellent road manners, and goes forever on a tank of gas. You feel very disconnected almost like playing a video game. Excellent truck.

2 door Bronco has some hidden voodoo fun factor no one can deny after you’ve drove it. Weird, but true.

So it’s a new truck that rides like it from the 90’s is the best way I can describe it. But it’s more fun than a done up side by side.

If you like to drive side by sides or go carts, your going to love the 2 door. Or could say everything that’s fun in a 4 door wagon is way more fun in a 2 door.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an off roader so my experience is all road. My 2D BL non Sasquatch is excellent. The only time the ride is noticeable is on low quality surfaces roads. ( pot holes, country chip and tar roads etc). Then you get the feel of the off road suspension. The ride doesn’t cause your tooth fillings to react, but does become apparent what the Bronco was built on. Smooth becomes a noticeable rough. One basically gets lulled into a superior ride on the civilized roads, then is made fully aware of the rugged suspension when the road surface integrity plummets. In a nut shell it rides as well as my F 150 Lariat crew 4x4 on the good roads.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 doors ride great. Not as nice as the F150. But very stable on the road IMO. I go 90mph + on highway with no worries
‘Most importantly to me is how much fun and how effortless it is to drive

Sponsored

Geearem

First Edition
First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2Dr Cyber Orange First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love the tight turning radius and easy maneuverability of the 2-door. It has great on-road manners at normal highway speeds yet is quite nimble and fun to drive at low speeds in the city. I have heard that the 4-door rides on-road like any well-mannered mid-sized SUV but have not driven one myself.

The comment above "The 2-door is like a Miata with 12 inches of clearance" is right-on. Having owned a '99 Miata, it is "like" a tall off-road version of a Miata. I doubt that you will regret the 2-door if people and cargo capacity are not critical. Plus the perfect proportions and presence of the 2-door Sasquatch are mesmerizing - I still can't stop looking at it even after 10 months.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it's a "fun" vehicle... absolutely go with the significantly cooler, much better handling, more true to original 2-door 😉. Just don't expect to be able to use the back seat.

On a more serious note, ride quality on my 2-door BaseSquatch is better than the '08 Nissan Xterra I had. Have no fear.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished a 6,000 mile road trip. 2 broncos. One four door and one two door. Both Badlands with Sasquatch. They are different. Anyone who says otherwise is not talking from experience. The two door is noticeably more jumpy, particularly on roads with lots of expansion joints. That said, it isn’t bad. They pretty much track the same and otherwise are pretty similar.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife had a 4-door non-Sas Big Bend. I’ve got a 2-door Badlands. The biggest difference I notice is the quality of the shocks. The Billstein’s are Much better than the Hitachi’s going over road imperfections. The 2-door can get squirrely when accelerating hard.

Sponsored

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also have a 21 Platinum F150 and got a 2 door basesquatch MT last summer as a fun vehicle. Figured it wouldn’t depreciate much and would get some use with the top off. I love my F150 but have started daily driving my Bronco because it’s such a hoot to drive. It’s different but not bad. Noisy and a little rougher but the responsiveness and handling are worlds better. The F150 is lumbering and boring compared to the Bronco. That being said before the Bronco came along I wouldn’t have driven anything but a F150 and have owned several.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished a 6,000 mile road trip. 2 broncos. One four door and one two door. Both Badlands with Sasquatch. They are different. Anyone who says otherwise is not talking from experience. The two door is noticeably more jumpy, particularly on roads with lots of expansion joints. That said, it isn’t bad. They pretty much track the same and otherwise are pretty similar.
Well I say otherwise! I am speaking from experience when I say my Bronco Is not "jumpy" as you put it.
Edit: My Bronco does not have Squatch. Maybe that is what makes your Bronco "jumpy"?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shorter wheelbase does make a difference. If you are mostly on smooth well kept roads, you won't notice much difference. If you live in the real world of poorly maintained roads and uneven surfaces you will notice a difference. Off road on tight trails and slower wheeling the shorter wheelbase is a big plus. Out in the open and at higher speeds the longer wheelbase is a plus.

Last edited:
OP
OP

duckgumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the input. Although I personally think that the 2 door is much better looking and more to the purist side of the Bronco, I think that I will stick with the 4 door because I do believe it will ride much better for my needs. This vehicle will never get in the mud as I have other hunting vehicles; however, factoring in the quality of roads in Louisiana I prefer a longer wheelbase for a smoother ride.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The ride on my 2 door base is fan-f'ing-tastic. I've only driven a 2 door though.
Sponsored