Sponsored

Anyone else think seats aren't comfortable?

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6 4 240# once had a car that seats were horrible ,no easy fix in that vehicle so I ended up pulling the cover off ,cutting the frame welding it in a more relaxed position recovered and it was fine.
Don't sell because of seats talk to a good upholstery place.
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2022 BD w/ MGV and I have only recently admitted to myself that I don't like the seats and that they are the cause of my recent back pain. Everyone saying how comfortable they are is really bumming me out. My back was hurting so bad on the way home from work that I sent a request to Carvana to see how much they would give me for it. 1400 miles on it.
I'm 6'4", 220 and I have tried every position I can get the seat to go in. Lack of movement in the headrest is annoying too because they're angled so far forward. I know of a few other Broncos in my area, I might go see what kind of seats they have and ask if I can sit in them to see if there's a difference.
Maybe give that seat cover from Amazon a try. Just use the back of it and cut the bottom off. Over a span of a couple weeks my back got adjusted and now it feels pretty good. Not perfect, but I just got done with a 5.5 hr drive to Super cel east and didn’t have any back pain.

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

am in the same boat.

I like to sit straight, lumbar support is protruding outward in its lowest setting that my upper middle back does not touch the seat at all.

is there a way we could adjust the lumbar to go much inward? MVG is all manual, makes it easy for the seats to take it out to inspect, is what in my mind.

anyone did this already? thoughts?
appreciate your help.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

am in the same boat.

I like to sit straight, lumbar support is protruding outward in its lowest setting that my upper middle back does not touch the seat at all.

is there a way we could adjust the lumbar to go much inward? MVG is all manual, makes it easy for the seats to take it out to inspect, is what in my mind.

anyone did this already? thoughts?
appreciate your help.

Another thing I noticed is that my back only likes the the seat height being 4 “pulls” up. Essentially, lower your seat to the floor by cranking down the lever. Then when it bottoms out, lift the lever 4 times. Make adjustments to everything else from there.

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have owned my 2011 F 150 ,I have maybe turned the cool seat option on three times. The first time was to make sure they worked. That is an option I do not require.

I use the ventillated seats in my F150 all the time. especially in the summer, but even in the winter, some times when I am wearing a coat in the truck, my back will get a bit too hot when the sun is shining in bright, or after I get done exercising. hit the ventillated seat button until my body temp cools back down. It is one of the reasons I used to justify trading in my 2014 f150 for the 18. having said that I can live without it in the bronco.

as far as how comfortable the seats are, I hope to find out in a couple days. mine should be arriving soon. I have not actually sat in one yet. I also look forward to driving it. but for me it is more of a toy than anything. I am keeping my f150 as my daily driver.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read as much of the internet as I could about the seat comfort, and everything I find pretty much says how comfortable everyone thinks they are.

Does anyone think they aren't? I've got the MGV, I've had my Bronco for a few weeks, and just can't get any enjoyment out of the seats. I kind of don't like sitting in them.

The material is great and feels good to the touch, the manual adjustments are fine, steering wheel adjustability is good - but the shape of the seat back just kills me. The upper portion of the seat (where the embossed bronco is) leans back too much so I don't have any support for my upper back and shoulders, and that stupid indent (where the Bronco Nation logo is on the photo) feels like a rock in my shoe. But on my back.

Am I alone in this?

marine-grade-vinyl-seat-bronco-jpg.jpg

For reference, I'm 6'1" 190lb.
I'm the exact opposite. Most comfortable seats I can remember. Literally half the reason I traded my 4Runner for my BL was because the 4Runner seats were so awful. Anything over 30 minutes I would be shifting all around and my back would hurt. I couldn't stand it. My BL with the MGV seats is awesome. I routinely drive 6-8 hrs. and barley seem to move. I get out and feel great. I'm 6'3" 200 lbs. I guess everyone's mileage varies. 🤔

HalfNHaff

Black Diamond
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a follow up in case it helps anyone in the vast minority that takes issue with the seats, after trying several things I found it pretty much had everything to do with the hole\cutout in the upper portion of the back. That gap, the stitching, whatever it was, just made it uncomfortable to me.

After trying a few things this is the solution I settled on and I'm really happy with it. I bought this and cut off the seat-bottom portion of it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXYWXRV

IMG_4681.jpg
You are not the only one my friend! My Bronco BD arrived two days ago and the only two things I dislike is the cutout in the seats and the lack of interior lighting. The former being a pretty significant issue. I’m sure it varies on people’s size and height but I’m 5’ 11” and that cutout is very bothersome. I noticed it immediately because I’ve been driving around with a friend who has a base Sasquatch and his cloth seats are awesome. I quickly compared the two and noticed his doesn’t have the cutout. Going to give your fix a try!

RBT2583

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me in my '23 I've noticed that my passenger seat is significantly softer and more comfortable than my driver seat. I don't know why. Could it be the lumbar mechanism? I'm close to taking it to the dealer to get a 2nd opinion. But since I've noticed I cant un-notice it and it bothers me, if I could swap them it would be perfect but I'm more wondering if there is some defect in my drivers seat.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me in my '23 I've noticed that my passenger seat is significantly softer and more comfortable than my driver seat. I don't know why. Could it be the lumbar mechanism? I'm close to taking it to the dealer to get a 2nd opinion. But since I've noticed I cant un-notice it and it bothers me, if I could swap them it would be perfect but I'm more wondering if there is some defect in my drivers seat.
That’s strange, because I notice the exact same thing. The passenger seat is way more comfortable.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The cloth seats in my base '23 are comfortable stock, and also with the Mabbett seat covers I installed. My wife who is particular about seat comfort likes them, so that says something.

The fixed tilted forward headrests are unacceptable though. Maybe if I had cellphone/computer hunch they'd be ok.

I drove in a Subaru Forester the other day, which was uncomfortable until learning the headrest was adjustable, and so much better with the headrest tilted all the way backward. People are built differently, don't all have the same posture, and the fixed hunched headrests are not ideal.

Sponsored

RBT2583

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think it’s possible or an easy ish task to remove the seat bottoms and switch from side to side? It’s something I might look into this weekend but if anyone has any knowledge on it would be welcomed. Would like to have them switched because I don’t plan on spending much time in the passenger seat.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you end up successfully switching your seats?
Sponsored