Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah, I'm on your side. I was trolling him^. Just like in all the other seat threads, I get tired of the people telling us that there's nothing wrong with the Bronco seats, and that there must be something wrong with us.

It turns out that people come in all different shapes and sizes, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

I haven't had the time to play around with seat jackers yet, but it seems like it might be a viable solution…
People that make fun of folks who have back pain don’t understand. There oftentimes is no cure and if a seat doesn’t fit you well and causes extra trips to a chiropractor then we look for a solution.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I generally love them. But there's something odd about the right side bolster that's under your accelerator thigh that causes pain in 20-30 min...on the road no biggie, cruise is on. But around town, it's bad. NO idea what do. Have tried shifting positions, etc...to no avail.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 Bronco 4 door outer banks edition. The driver seat is very uncomfortable, doesn't matter what adjustments are made. I'm wonder if other people have had the same issue and what they did to solve it.
I have had 4-5 F150's and found those seats very comfortable. My Bronco seats are just as good and I am happy with them.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This reminds me of my dad's 1976 Ford Econoline van and the crap seats they had. He put some washers under the front bolts to tilt it back a little, which helped a lot.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seat jackers just raise it slightly, correct? How is that different from the height adjustment handle that's already on the seat?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seat jackers just raise it slightly, correct? How is that different from the height adjustment handle that's already on the seat?
To raise just the front of the seat bottom. To change the angle.

Lucas

Outer Banks
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2023 OBX with high package (leather electric adjustable seats) and the driver seat caused me significant lower back pain for at least the first month, no matter how I adjusted the seat, lumbar, etc. But, it has slowly improved overtime (or my back has just adapted). I’ve driven for nearly 20 years and have never had lower back issues in a vehicle, so the Bronco seats were definitely designed poorly.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever owned, by far. Only here to add that so you don’t feel you’re the only one. I’ll probably try these seat jackers others are talking about. Can’t make it any worse.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The OEM height adjuster tends to raise the rear of the seat more than the front as you go up. Seat jackers go under the forward seat mount, rocking the seat base back, which gives your thighs a little more support.

I’ve had Recaro sport seats in a previous truck, and there were adjustable mounting holes in the seat bracket, and you could definitely tell the difference when you changed it.

Since the Bronco is my wife’s primary vehicle, I don’t get to fiddle around with it as much as I’d like, and I always forget about the seats until it’s time for a road trip, and then it’s “Oh yeah, these seats! Ugh…”

Last time, I asked her if I could experiment with jacking the seat up, and she said go for it. But I just haven’t had time yet…

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm in the same boat as a lot of folks (on this thread and others) - seats are ok, but after a while they do start to bother my back a bit. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

I do tend to slide over towards the right, probably because I leave my hand on the shifter most of the time, and that puts my back not squarely center in the seat. When I realize it, I slide back to center and that helps. But yeah, after 2-3 hours my back just gets stiff.

I installed some washers yesterday - tipped the front end up about 1/2" or so. Will see how it does. Just sitting in it for a minute to make sure I had everything tight felt ok, but then again, the seat at stock level felt ok too. I'll have to put some hours in the seat.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The seat jackers have me interested, but that’s a lot of money for basically nothing. I might try the washer trick.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a secret that @Tricky Mike doesn't want you to know, but makes your seats (apparently) much more comfortable. Those industry fat cats don't want this to be shared though, so keep this tid bit of information to yourself.

Ford Bronco Bronco seats uncomfortable? s-l1600

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My f150 has the massaging seats ..wish my bronco had em.
Add them -- I did in my Flex ;) If the Bronco were mine, I'd have done the retrofit already.

Sometimes it would help if people posted their height/build when discussing seat comfort. I'm 5 10, average build, and the Bronco feels fine to me. Better than my 22 Silverado, little worse than my 16 Flex.
Sponsored