Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks pretty good. Price?

The problem with this is it defeats the purpose of the headrest. Despite the name, it's not there to rest your head on. It's there to prevent your neck from snapping backward if you get rear-ended. By flipping it backward, it pretty much negates any support you would get should that occur. You may as well just leave it off completely.

Come on, man... 😱

I dont fall into the category that NTSB has for headrests. My skull protrudes a little in the back, think of a head "badonka-donk". So by running over my head rest it pushed it back an inch. My head now touches the headrest at all times and there is no gap. Previously it pushed my head downward.

to put it in perspective, i had the vehicle for 3 days, and on the third day had a knot in my neck and my neck was sore. Try it out, put a 1-inch pad on your headrest then drive around for 30minutes, it hurts and makes your neck stiff. :) So i fixed it to fit my body.... not just for looks for comfort, as it functions per code for me now. :)
Sponsored

JDC351

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco, 1996 Bronco, 2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I wanted to chime in here. After reading about 2015 era headrests fitting directly, I gave them a shot. Found two on eBay in Canada. They apparently clean them and they looked brand new! Anyway, I hated the factory neck-breaking headrests and turning them around, but that didn’t feel right either. The F150 cloth headrests I got did in fact fit perfectly. The adjustability is great, but honestly they’re best left straight up. I still wish they were a bit thinner, but I can drive now without hurting. The black fabric texture is slightly different, but the color is almost identical. My wife likes them better too. Have no idea why a base model 2015 F150 gets adjustable headrests but a 2022 Bronco doesn’t. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OnyxBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I wanted to chime in here. After reading about 2015 era headrests fitting directly, I gave them a shot. Found two on eBay in Canada. They apparently clean them and they looked brand new! Anyway, I hated the factory neck-breaking headrests and turning them around, but that didn’t feel right either. The F150 cloth headrests I got did in fact fit perfectly. The adjustability is great, but honestly they’re best left straight up. I still wish they were a bit thinner, but I can drive now without hurting. The black fabric texture is slightly different, but the color is almost identical. My wife likes them better too. Have no idea why a base model 2015 F150 gets adjustable headrests but a 2022 Bronco doesn’t. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this what you went with? Thanks!

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm an idiot.
Since I got my Bronco in December I've been riding with my headrest tilted forward. I've tried pushing it back, looked for a button but nothing worked. I figured that was just a flaw on Ford (rear vents, BO bar, etc.).
Well after getting it detailed today, I get back in and the headrest are in an upright position.
My dumbass never thought to pull them forward. I just adjusted every other part of the seat until I was in a simi-comfortable position.

I wonder what else I don't know. Next I'll find out there some magic code to change the annoying double honk and other settings...

20220604_144050.jpg
Sadly, this is the funniest thing I have seen today.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While watching the "This is how you should order the 2024 Bronco". YouTube by Town and County TV. Mitchell noted the Big Bend will come with MGV and 4 way adjustable headrest. Also sounds like all 24' Broncos will have 4way adjustable headrests.
I was going to give my 2022 Badlands MGV headrests the bend treatment. With the potential to botch that up I'll hold off until Ford parts sites show the 2024 MGV 4way available.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While watching the "This is how you should order the 2024 Bronco". YouTube by Town and County TV. Mitchell noted the Big Bend will come with MGV and 4 way adjustable headrest. Also sounds like all 24' Broncos will have 4way adjustable headrests.
I was going to give my 2022 Badlands MGV headrests the bend treatment. With the potential to botch that up I'll hold off until Ford parts sites show the 2024 MGV 4way available.
I have cloth seats but am willing to have mismatched headrests in order to be more comfortable. I’ll wind up getting a set when available too.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to go for the bend method for my MGV headrests after seeing this YouTube. I was able to take out ten degrees of angle. Almost perfect.

MartyH

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93,96 Mustang Cobras,FFR roadster+coupe,Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my leather ones yesterday. Swapped the covers this morning. They fit much better.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an fyi they are head restraints not head rests. Their purpose is to keep your neck from snapping in a wreck in other words anti bobble head. Don't believe me? Research it.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my leather ones yesterday. Swapped the covers this morning. They fit much better.
I didn't realize that the leather cover was the same shape as the MGV. Which adjustable headrest part number did you order? and what was the color? If I do switch the covers I probably use the removed leather cover as an air freshener 😆

Sponsored

MartyH

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93,96 Mustang Cobras,FFR roadster+coupe,Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't realize that the leather cover was the same shape as the MGV. Which adjustable headrest part number did you order? and what was the color? If I do switch the covers I probably use the removed leather cover as an air freshener 😆
I think it was the badlands, the one with orange stichting. The pictures were after I swapped the covers.

20231023_105404.jpg

20231023_105410.jpg

20231023_105526.jpg

GoodOleRog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which did you order? I have a Badlands with the MGV and the headrest is terrible. I paid for a LUX package and am shocked no power seats or adjustable headrest. Was totally my fault for not going full leather, but the leather option didn't make it clear that there was such a benefit of the upgrade. I literally thought it was just material. Believe me, I'd swap the seats completely if I could.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren't the 2024s going to have adjustable headrests for all trims? I'm just going to wait until then if so.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided to go for the bend method for my MGV headrests after seeing this YouTube. I was able to take out ten degrees of angle. Almost perfect.
Could have been 2-3 min! lol

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aren't the 2024s going to have adjustable headrests for all trims? I'm just going to wait until then if so.
I think that was just wishful speculation...
Sponsored