Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to see this worked, I broke my passenger spring latch trying to close the top last night. To be fair the spring is only held onto the latch by a tiny piece of plastic. Will make this mod tonight
Could have adjust the latch inward with the two nuts!
Sponsored

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering the same thing. Will the mounting brackets for each of them work with the other?
You have to cut off the JCR attach points where they connect to the side body and drill two holes so the diabolical screw can go all the way through the JCR bracket, Diabolical skin and diabolical bracket attached to the mounting points under the plastic panel.
it can be done!

07A067EA-1353-4A99-BA63-487C55F706B0.jpeg

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This looks like a great product, but with the soft top and IAG struts, and the price, I'm going to wait and see if diabolical or someone else comes up with a better version for my setup. Not willing to pay $1000+ just to hope it works out ok.

OP
OP
Diabolical Inc

Diabolical Inc

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks like a great product, but with the soft top and IAG struts, and the price, I'm going to wait and see if diabolical or someone else comes up with a better version for my setup. Not willing to pay $1000+ just to hope it works out ok.
We have been doing this for 5 years in the Jeep world.

There are others that make it forJeeps but they don’t even begin to compare. I’m sure those other companies (all China made) will come out with something.

However even in the Jeep world we aren’t much more then our China competition.

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@CKXVII i finished up the install today. Had pretty much the same issue, I could close one side, but not the other. So to remedy this, I removed the Ford latch brackets from both sides and then using a dremel tool, cut away the “raise“ part of the brackets After cutting away both and reinstalling, the soft top will latch easier.

Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 07A067EA-1353-4A99-BA63-487C55F706B0
Thanks for the tip; did this today and it def helped with closing the soft top.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have been doing this for 5 years in the Jeep world.

There are others that make it forJeeps but they don’t even begin to compare. I’m sure those other companies (all China made) will come out with something.

However even in the Jeep world we aren’t much more then our China competition.
I hear ya, looks like a great product and USA built is huge. All my other mods have been American products so far. If you come up with something to work better with soft top and IAG struts I'll strongly reconsider. Thanks.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hear ya, looks like a great product and USA built is huge. All my other mods have been American products so far. If you come up with something to work better with soft top and IAG struts I'll strongly reconsider. Thanks.
I have the IAG EZ Lift struts and the Slipstream…the combo works for me. But since the IAG EZ Lift requires more force to close the soft top and the Slipstream eliminates one’s ability to close it from grabbing the bottom….you have to be tall enough to close it from the topside.

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the IAG EZ Lift struts and the Slipstream…the combo works for me. But since the IAG EZ Lift requires more force to close the soft top and the Slipstream eliminates one’s ability to close it from grabbing the bottom….you have to be tall enough to close it from the topside.
Just installed the slipstream with the soft top and have the struts waiting to go in. Glad to hear they work. Can you open the slipstream lid all the way to the speakers when the struts pop the top? I noticed the soft top clips kind of get in the way at the moment.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I'm just tall enough to do that but it's with a full reach and to high for my wife. Grabbing it from the inside is so easy right now.

Sponsored

RichMartMD

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello, has anyone installed the slipstream and a swing gate subwoofer? I've tried searching and there are quite a few pages to filter through 😅.

It would be crazy cool if they are compatible. I have a soft top.

SuicidalSmurf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Velocity Blue Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI we just launched a new promo code good until EOM.

“spring1022” at checkout
I literally ordered this 4/22 at full price after seeing this product being talked about on the forum but missed this code. Diabolical, can you help me out? Order SLIP5354

Separately.. installed this on a soft top, ask me anything. First of all, before you go altering any hardware, note the latches on the soft top sit in a channel and can be adjusted inward or outward by loosening some 10mm nuts. The latch hardware can travel up and down as well, so there's a lot of adjustment points to get the latching close to stock.

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I literally ordered this 4/22 at full price after seeing this product being talked about on the forum but missed this code. Diabolical, can you help me out? Order SLIP5354

Separately.. installed this on a soft top, ask me anything. First of all, before you go altering any hardware, note the latches on the soft top sit in a channel and can be adjusted inward or outward by loosening some 10mm nuts. The latch hardware can travel up and down as well, so there's a lot of adjustment points to get the latching close to stock.
I had to do the adjustment you're talking about just to get my soft top to latch in, came that way from the factory. I ordered this the other day but should of researched first lol, just found this thread and skipped to the last page, I have soft top and IAG struts.. Hopefully there's no issues 😬

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my soft top yesterday and figured it would be a good time to install the enclosure. I installed it myself
It took a few hours but I wasn’t in any rush, and referred to the video often.
It is very tight, and took a little bit of fiddling until I was able to get all the door and top pins in successfully.
I’ve realized I am going to have to do some disassembly of the enclosure to put the soft top back on which I am not looking forward to, but otherwise it’s seems solid and looks great!
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 43C89A61-4649-4287-AEF1-4BB048D42E44
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 927AEA13-7A1F-4164-8B47-A4A7EE68A691
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure A74D3733-1E21-45A3-8F3F-D3033F363241
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 00DD43A1-DE64-40BF-9530-B69180E0C0DC
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 7400CF4F-26F0-4301-A11C-436137C3C78F

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my soft top yesterday and figured it would be a good time to install the enclosure. I installed it myself
It took a few hours but I wasn’t in any rush, and referred to the video often.
It is very tight, and took a little bit of fiddling until I was able to get all the door and top pins in successfully.
I’ve realized I am going to have to do some disassembly of the enclosure to put the soft top back on which I am not looking forward to, but otherwise it’s seems solid and looks great!
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 7400CF4F-26F0-4301-A11C-436137C3C78F
The disassembly is only removing the three main bolts from each side of the side body?
Sponsored