Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Said Deep, Ford spokesman, told the Free Press. "Due to the unprecedented level of interest, we plan to build customer orders only in the 2021 calendar year. We will continue to add new appearance and feature choices, including paint colors and special editions, for customers that have a longer wait."

That sentence sounds like changes during the 2021 model year, doesnt it?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/09/29/2021-ford-bronco-reservations/3561907001/
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plausible rumors:
If the Raptor gets a supercharged Godzilla variant, then so will the Bronco and the Wildtrak will go away after two model years.

I would actually buy my wife a Hybrid Sport, but any Hybrid Bronco should have that 3.0L beast making ridiculous power and damn the dino fuel costs.

I've said it before, but the manual transmission will not survive a redesign in 8-9 years and could be axed by the 4-5 year refresh.

Far-fetched rumors:
@SHLYGRR will hit 2000 reactions and I will stop being a smartass.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Said Deep, Ford spokesman, told the Free Press. "Due to the unprecedented level of interest, we plan to build customer orders only in the 2021 calendar year. We will continue to add new appearance and feature choices, including paint colors and special editions, for customers that have a longer wait."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/09/29/2021-ford-bronco-reservations/3561907001/
It does sound like it means for late 2021 builds....those at the back of the line. I hope that's the case, as even though I was a first week reservation, I think being on Friday puts me at the back half of reservations, and with a dealer that may not get priority reservation allocations.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It does sound like it and has me strongly considering ordering my 2021 for my wife and getting one I want later...

Ford Bronco Bronco Special Edition, Packages, New Features, and Colors giphy (56)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about for 2021? Do you think they have more up their sleeve for this run?
Doubt it

It does sound like it means for late 2021 builds....those at the back of the line. I hope that's the case, as even though I was a first week reservation, I think being on Friday puts me at the back half of reservations, and with a dealer that may not get priority reservation allocations.
I think by that point they'll be 2022s

Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plausible rumors:
If the Raptor gets a supercharged Godzilla variant, then so will the Bronco and the Wildtrak will go away after two model years.

I would actually buy my wife a Hybrid Sport, but any Hybrid Bronco should have that 3.0L beast making ridiculous power and damn the dino fuel costs.

I've said it before, but the manual transmission will not survive a redesign in 8-9 years and could be axed by the 4-5 year refresh.

Far-fetched rumors:
@SHLYGRR will hit 2000 reactions and I will stop being a smartass.
1 of those rumors is actually plausible...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wish list:

I hope it's an overland special edition, and I hope that is available to early reservers without any delays.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rumors (mostly started by me)

1)2022 OG Special Edition with white top
2)2023 Bronco Special Edition Warthog/Raptor
3)2024 Bronco Special Edition Everglades. Designed for the Swamps w/ a water snorkel
4)2025 Bronco Midnight Edition, blacked out.
5)2026 60th Anniversary Edition, decals, two-tone exteriors, etc.
6)2027 Bronco Utility Pickup Truck Edition

Sponsored

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wrangler has various special editions basically every year. Like the most recent "North" edition. I find it silly when it's every year there is some half baked edition to scam people out their money.

If Ford rolls out special editions, they need make sure it means something.

I would be curious if they offer these accessories in packages like they have demo'd.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler has various special editions basically every year. Like the most recent "North" edition. I find it silly when it's every year there is some half baked edition to scam people out their money.

If Ford rolls out special editions, they need make sure it means something.

I would be curious if they offer these accessories in packages like they have demo'd.
Yeah Jeep has just been juggling options to come up with new "trims"

Occasionally they'll come up with something worthwhile, like the Mojave

They did a much better job with the JK for special editions

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The rumors I've heard lately(from Ford) are all bad news. And no one likes it when I share bad news. :)
Do tell, we are just sitting here waiting on B&P.
Sponsored