cyulst2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOVE that Explorer! I owned a hand-me-down red 1991 Explorer sport MANUAL in college in the early '00s. It was my first 'car' and one I had many adventures in. We kept it in the family until a few years ago when it was t-boned and totaled by an old man with no insurance who ran a red. The day 'big red' died.

I immortalized it this past winter by picking up an old 1:20 model kit off ebay and recreating it. I finished it only a ew weeks ago.
Thank you and that model is SWEET!!! I was able to pick this one up for 500 bucks and did the lift, wheels and tires myself. It was bought to just be a fun off-road vehicle and I have ended up daily driving it and letting my super duty sit until the trailer needs pulled. Lol! Its a 4.0, 5spd, I love it too!
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you and that model is SWEET!!! I was able to pick this one up for 500 bucks and did the lift, wheels and tires myself. It was bought to just be a fun off-road vehicle and I have ended up daily driving it and letting my super duty sit until the trailer needs pulled. Lol! Its a 4.0, 5spd, I love it too!
For no horsepower these things were torquey to 40mph and fun to launch. So many quirks. Mine was such an early build it didn't have a rear wiper. Did your plastic door grab handles come of in your hand too?

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, that's an expensive model. 😳

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rubber horse stall mat would also work well. I cut one to fit in the back of my Tacoma, held up well for many years.
I have been thinking about the BedRug product. Looks like they sell it by the foot. Might be a good option. Have it in the back of my truck now. https://bedrug.com

cyulst2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For no horsepower these things were torquey to 40mph and fun to launch. So many quirks. Mine was such an early build it didn't have a rear wiper. Did your plastic door grab handles come of in your hand too?
Hahahaha, that mod was already done when I got it!

Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Posted earlier but here's an updated "Team 2 door" pic With hers and mine.... :) (Her's is the nice one, hahaha)

20220516_204933.jpg
Explorer Sport! I love it- I had a ‘93 2-door manual transmission Sport that I parted company with in 2005. It is the spirit of that vehicle I tried to recreate with my 2-door manual trans Big Bend. Spoiler alert: it more than succeeded!
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 1A21E578-663C-4444-A419-E8B52FD407B5
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. CDD002F0-C775-4020-A51A-36EBB0AD557E

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Explorer Sport! I love it- I had a ‘93 2-door manual transmission Sport that I parted company with in 2005. It is the spirit of that vehicle I tried to recreate with my 2-door manual trans Big Bend. Spoiler alert: it more than succeeded!
In the fifteen years I owned that Gen1 Explorer Sport 5MT, I never met another person who owned one. Many Gen 2 though. Now I've found two with 5MTs! Awesome! And great looking BB there!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the fifteen years I owned that Gen1 Explorer Sport 5MT, I never met another person who owned one. Many Gen 2 though. Now I've found two with 5MTs! Awesome! And great looking BB there!
We had a gen 1 with 5mt and a gen2 sport auto. If I recall the Mazda Navajo had the stick for gen 1 usually. The stick really was perfect for that old 6 cylinder.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On my way back to Nashville from my California trip, (and yes, I drove down the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Highway) I stopped at a hotel and was told "We've never even seen a 2-door and we can't get them.) So, smile if you got'em, hold your breath if you are waiting. These have an insanely short wheelbase.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. RiderGraphixHoodStripes - 3
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. tempImagewm47sX