Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved the WildTrak and will of course get the hardtop. Question, anyone know what theft deterants the new Bronco and Ford may have. I have never owned a Hardtop Jeep and my Defender always had a soft-top so I couldn't even leave a baseball hat in it fearing it would be sliced open. I would love the cellphone app that starts it but can it tell that my phone is not in the vehicle and it has been started and is driving away from my phone? I am basically the only one that will be driving it, my wife loves her Q7.
Are the hardtops hard to pry off, is it as signal a as screwdriver or rock to drive away with it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SafariJeff

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It just would be nice if the app would notify you that the window was just broken, the alarm is going off or if the car was driving away without your phone (or you) in it.
Then at lest you could run out to the Bronco and....

clint.gif

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you driving in bad areas?

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume the phone app only starts the car and if it moves the immobilizer will kill it. Similar to remote start and not being able to move the vehicle unless the key fob is in it. I would treat this similar to the Jeep I have and just not leave anything of value in the car. If someone wants in they are going to get in. I just hope the catalytic converter is under a big ole bash plate that’s a PITA to get to.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 18 F150 has motion sensors on the overhead console that has the sunglass pocket and map lights etc. If I lock my truck and movement inside is detected alarm goes off and my Ford Pass alerts me. Not sure if the Bronco will have this.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Live Rural my friend. If I parked somewhere and my ball cap blew out of my Bronco, someone would take the time to put it back in.

Sponsored

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reserved the WildTrak and will of course get the hardtop. Question, anyone know what theft deterants the new Bronco and Ford may have. I have never owned a Hardtop Jeep and my Defender always had a soft-top so I couldn't even leave a baseball hat in it fearing it would be sliced open. I would love the cellphone app that starts it but can it tell that my phone is not in the vehicle and it has been started and is driving away from my phone? I am basically the only one that will be driving it, my wife loves her Q7.
Are the hardtops hard to pry off, is it as signal a as screwdriver or rock to drive away with it?
Car alarms are very affordable now, no deterrent as effective as noise or a dog that barks.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The phone app just starts it, the vehicle won't "run" (i.e. go into gear) without the key in it. Same goes for if you remote start it with the key fob.