First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just Heard About Ranger FX2 Package Offered. Bronco FX2 Would Complete The Lineup
Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to reinvigorate this discussion.

Now that we have supposedly see the trim names for the Bronco Sport, anybody have any new thoughts or wishes for the full-size Bronco trims?

I personally like the 66 name, but would also like to see some cool off-road names like Baja, Himilaya, Overlander, etc.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was my theoretical list of trims and packages from around the end of January:

'66
Sport
XLT
Platinum
Raptor
Raptor R
Rock Monster

But then Chrispy came in and said:

And if you continue in that thread there's some more discussion of trims and packages.

So now here's my new list(s)

Trims:
XLT
Lariat
Rock Monster
Rock Monster R (which is the "Warthog")

Packages/Special Editions at Launch:
Early Edition
'66 (equivalent to the Mustang California Rt 1 package)
FX4

Packages/Special Editions Later:
Black Diamond
Big Bend
Outer Banks

Full disclosure - this is complete conjecture that I've pieced together. Hopefully somebody with real information will come and correct me soon ...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You should be able to get a JLU Sport model with manual transmission and the uprated "dana 44" rear axle (I think more limited slip than locking) for under $35,000. Then put some larger tires on after purchase. Main issue would be the diff gearing if going to some tire size like 35". To get the diff gearing I think you have to step up to the Rubicon? Then your looking at close to 50 grand. Hell would freeze over before I spend 50 grand on a Wrangler.
I guess hell is getting pretty cold
Ford Bronco Bronco Trim Levels & Models A07FE58B-E457-4716-A981-17B53F430510

This with lockers at both ends, sway bar disconnects, Dana 44 SFA and SRA with 4.10, and the really low rock crawling ratio in the t-case. Either the 3.6 or the turbo 2.0 (more torque). And you can run 35’s on it without re-gearing. Only option added to the base Rubicon is the tow package for the bigger alternator, the pre-wired aux switches and the hitch. And in the current environment you can probably get it less.

(Note: while the there is a way to get a 4.10 Dana 44, you can't put 35's on a base without lifting or re-fendering.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess hell is getting pretty cold
Ford Bronco Bronco Trim Levels & Models A07FE58B-E457-4716-A981-17B53F430510

This with lockers at both ends, sway bar disconnects, Dana 44 SFA and SRA with 4.10, and the really low rock crawling ratio in the t-case. Either the 3.6 or the turbo 2.0 (more torque). And you can run 35’s on it without re-gearing. Only option added to the base Rubicon is the tow package for the bigger alternator, the pre-wired aux switches and the hitch. And in the current environment you can probably get it less.

(Note: while the there is a way to get a 4.10 Dana 44, you can't put 35's on a base without lifting or re-fendering.)
Living with midwest weather - I won't go without a hardtop. I added that and auto-trans, but subtracted the towing package. At $47,565 I suspect there are deals to be had now given the economy? If negotiating the dealer charges down, should be able to get one for mid 40k? Still a cold day in hell for me. A Sport in the low 30k range I'd be up for, although would like to finally see what Ford offers in the new Bronco. I'm waiting for April 1st to arrive and find out Bronco was all an elaborate hoax!

Ford Bronco Bronco Trim Levels & Models 1585144896574

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Should be doable for $40k. The base JLU is $33k. Ford only charges around $390 for a locker on the super duty.
The Bronco would probably be getting the same locker used on the Ranger rather than the locker used on the Super Duty. The locker on the Ranger is a little bit more expensive at $420. Still not a big bump to the price, though.

Unless you're saying that they're going to build the Bronco with Super Duty axles front and rear... SFA confirmed, everybody! /s

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does the Bronco Trims match up with the Bronco Sport Trims??? Does The Grill on the First Edition Bronco sport be similar in color to the First Edition Bronco ?
Sponsored