Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to be a big GM/Chevy guy, but that changed in recent years. They have a few decent vehicles, but they've definitely gone down hill (IMO). The Blazer is just one example of how they missed the mark and saturated that portion of the vehicle market even further.

I will say though, the EV version of that vehicle I likely won't mind. I think the design suits that, and as an EV, there's not that many out there (compared to gas-powered vehicles). Similar to Ford calling the Mach-e a "Mustang," both Ford and Chevy should have chosen a different branding for these vehicles. I think the name alone, albeit "just a name," has turned a lot of people off both of these vehicles.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My loyalty switched from GM to Ford during the economic downturn of 2008 (and subsequent), when Chrysler was sold (given, actually) to Fiat and GM took every nickel the government threw at them.
yup, and they killed my beloved Pontiac along with any hopes of a Firebird revival.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah this is wild to me, too. Automakers exist to make money, they don't give a shiiiiiiiiiiiit about "history" beyond how it can make them more money. Any bullshit the marketing departments spew about Heritage™ or History™ or Lineage™ is purely a ploy to sell you something.

i CaN't BeLiEvE FoRd WoUlD tArNiSh ThE bRoNcO nAmE wItH tHe SpOrT. Bro they want to make money - they would name it the "Edsel Ford Thunderbird Falcon Mustang Torino Mustang (again) Ass Destroyer 9000" if it would move 10 more units a year.

Bronco, Mustang, Blazer, Cherokee, doesn't matter, they don't care.
We'd have to rename the site ...

EFTMTMAD9k6G.com

But yeah đź‘Ť

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Blazer - Bronco competition killed off both while the Jeep just sallied on. Why would Chevy care to reinvest in that little battle when the market is small and fragile?

Besides the Bronco didn't compete with the Blazer until it moved to the F sieres chassis, a move that resulted in it's demise.

And the current Blazer is named correctly. It follows the evolution of the Blazer from K-5 to Trailbazer.
This is the most underrated answer.

Ford is in the business of making F150’s and Explorers. Everything else is a hobby and will receive proportional investment.

GM was not going to design a K5 Blazer from the ground up to sell 100,000 units per year. Ford went this path with the Bronco because it will have the Sport, EV and Truck as part of the sub brand.
Sponsored