First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see sasquatch with the HD modular bumper.
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it is simple physics and not absorption. It is the taper to the front and the solid axle. The cabin intrusion was good and that is why it still passed. Off roading it is a benefit to have the taper. In the wrong situations all vehicles will roll.
1642016618245.png
If you can plan your on-road accidents to be just like this, you can expect the same results

being heavier than average vehicles, both the Bronco and the wrangler will fare better in the real world than what this test shows, equal and opposite reaction and all that

My bride who was in insurance was always surprised how low wrangler insurance costs were even for young drivers. That is the insurance carriers providing some real world data. I expect similar favorable rates for Broncos.

Last edited:

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you can plan your on-road accidents to be just like this, you expect the same results

being heavier than average vehicles, both the Bronco and the wrangler will fare better than what this test shows, equal and opposite reaction and all that

My bride who was in insurance was always surprised how low wrangler insurance costs were even for young drivers. That is the insurance carriers providing some real world data. I expect similar favorable rates for Broncos.
yeah, there is a reason why the side impacts on Wrangler and Bronco is usually really good while the frontal is not as good. They crash a sled into the side which is more accurate to an actual crash as you said weight and mass. Small light cars do great in tests but not so good on the road because they do not destroy themselves hitting an unmovable object. Also for insurance Wranglers and Broncos being modular with a solid frame is harder to total and easy to fix. Unibody cars are very easy to total.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd love to see the G-force meters on those impacts. The Bronco looks to me to generate much more G-force on the driver than the Jeep.... Don't like that the Jeep rolled over, but G-force kills.
You don't think they take G-force into consideration? Of course they do, that dummy is full of insturments. The purpose of the test is how will the occupants are protected.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don't think they take G-force into consideration? Of course they do, that dummy is full of insturments. The purpose of the test is how will the occupants are protected.
Of course they do... But the video ignores that information.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it too late to add my new personalized license plate frame that showed up from Amazon yesterday?
Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Crash Test Video PXL_20220602_234810628.MP

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the Bronco did not get a perfect score on IIHS because it did not come with standard headlights. I thought ever trim had LED headlight which trims dont come with standard headlights.

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So the Bronco did not get a perfect score on IIHS because it did not come with standard headlights. I thought ever trim had LED headlight which trims dont come with standard headlights.
All Bronco's at every trim level come standard with LED headlights. The thing that hurt their score is the fact that the LED headlights don't perform very well. Unfortunately, when it comes to the LED headlights on the Bronco, a rating of "marginal" is as good as it gets!

I also remember reading that the IIHS found issues with the head rests when it comes to protecting you from whiplash, so I think it was more than just headlights that was holding the Bronco back from a perfect score.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep in mind that it's impossible for these kinds of tests to predict real world collision results. These are just fixed tests for broad comparison, which is mainly for market materials. In the real world both vehicles deform substantially which will have a major influence. Size and mass of each vehicle will have a massive influence. Jeep vs Smart is going to go badly for the Smart

That said, this is the test for clipping a car going the opposite direction with a closing speed of 40 mph. IOWs, a very low speed collision. The Bronco performs more or less how you would expect of a modern car. The Jeep on the other hand acts in a less sophisticated manner.

At real world road speeds the results will be massively more energetic. Enough so that this test is probably not predictive in any way for either vehicle. F=MA. Clip another car with a 120mph closing speed and your mortality will be tested, in any car.
Sponsored