Sam4wheeler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Wildtrak Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of the media are coming out with articles that debunk the Reddit guy's comments that the Bronco will just be a reworked Everest. I was so depressed after reading that I almost gave up completely.. but these articles are giving me hope that Ford will do justice to the Bronco name.

Nice mention of the Bronco6g renders too. We all love it so just build it Ford come on!!

The Ford Bronco Won’t Just Be A Lame Ford Everest After All

Contrary to what was said by an alleged Ford employee in an unsanctioned and unconfirmed Reddit AMA earlier this week, Ford executive vice president and CTO Raj Nair confirmed to Autoline that the new Ford Bronco will be a completely different vehicle from the global market body-on-frame Everest SUV. Get excited.

Nair confirmed to Autoline that the Bronco and Ranger would be sharing platforms, which makes sense, given this week’s dual announcement:

This new Bronco will be based off the Ranger platform and so it’s going to be a similarly sized vehicle to what you see in the Ranger. Now, for our American customers who have never seen that global Ranger, it’s a bit bigger than the Ranger we used to have here in the U.S., so I would say it’s kind of in-between in what you saw with that really big Bronco [the 1992-1996 model], and then the smaller Bronco [1966-1977].

But it won’t be a shared platform with the Everest—it will be its own new, unique vehicle:

No, it’s a separate vehicle [from the Everest]. It will be an incremental vehicle from the Everest. The Everest kind of serves a lot of off-road capability; maybe the space of the Explorer serves here in the U.S., but with a body-on-frame construction with a lot more off-road capability for the rest of the world. This Bronco is completely unique from that Everest. It is body-on-frame and so again, focusing on that off-road capability.

And our friends at The Truth About Cars also debunked the Redditor’s claims, and had some reported (but again, unconfirmed) details on how the Bronco’s roof could work.

The Everest is an existing body-on-frame SUV built for global markets, giving credence to what the Reddit AMA said. However, Bronco aficionados everywhere became worried that the new “Bronco” would look like the Everest, which despite being a real SUV, looks about as exciting as toast with butter on it.

This is good news, then. Expectations are clearly high. Look at how much attention that render from Bronco6g.com gets every time we post it. People want a Bronco, and they want it to look like a Bronco, ideally with an open roof, two doors and some badass offroading pretenses. Don’t screw this up, Ford.
Everything We Reported Wednesday About the Ford Bronco is Probably Wrong

Bronco.

While the name isn’t as intertwined in Ford history as much as Mustang or F-Series, the Bronco nameplate is something Ford can’t affix to just anything.

And according to rumors we’re hearing, we don’t need to worry about Ford refreshing an Everest for North American consumption and relying on a nostalgic nameplate to carry it off the lot.

Unfortunately, we need to walk a fine line here, as details we received have been shared completely off the record.

However, TTAC can reveal many of the details we are hearing about Bronco fly in the face of our report from yesterday, which detailed a supposed Ford designer dishing details on Ranger and Bronco on Reddit.

The details point to Ford’s Bronco rebirth being more of a Wrangler competitor than a 4Runner clone, bringing the fight to Jeep in a segment it has owned for decades. They also point to Bronco offering some features Wrangler lacks, though those details were shared off the record and can’t be reported.

Ford broke its silence during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, stating Ranger and Bronco will come back to North America in 2019 and 2020 respectively. Both vehicles will be manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan.

Ranger, which will return as a midsize pickup, will go head-to-head with the Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Honda Ridgeline, and Nissan Frontier. Those trucks accounted for 448,398 sales in the United States in 2016 — a jump of 25.5 percent over 2015 — and represent 2.7 percent of overall U.S. sales.

Bronco may only have one true competitor in the Wrangler, but Toyota’s 4Runner will likely give brand agnostic buyers pause if they begin searching for their next off-road capable machine in 2020. Jeep sold 191,774 Wranglers in the U.S. last year, a decline from 202,702 units the year before. The 4Runner sold just over half as often as the Wrangler, with Toyota pushing out 111,970 units in 2016 in the U.S.
The New Bronco Won't Be a Reworked Ford Everest After All
It'll still share a platform with the Everest, but Ford says the Bronco will be a completely different vehicle.

When Ford announced the return of both the Bronco and Ranger at this year's Detroit Auto Show, it was exciting news. But the rumors that the new Bronco would be a facelifted Ford Everest—a foreign-market SUV based on the Ranger—were a little disappointing. According to Ford, though, that's not necessarily the case.

Speaking to Autoline, Ford's Chief Technical Officer Raj Nair said that while the new Bronco will share a platform with the Ranger, it will be its own vehicle. "It will be an incremental vehicle from the Everest." Nair told Autoline. "This Bronco is completely unique from that Everest."

Size-wise, he said the new Bronco will slot between the first and second generation. Nair then went on to add "I think the Bronco's got a pretty good name on its own, and people have an idea of what a Bronco should be. Certainly, we have an idea of what a Bronco should be, and we're going to be looking forward to bringing that to our customers."

Considering that both vehicles will share a platform, the new Bronco won't exactly be completely unique. But for Bronco fans who are looking for something more than a body-on-frame Explorer, Nair's statements are encouraging.
Sponsored

capitbull

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 CC SB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll say this-if there is any part of the Redditer's post that is true it sounds like Ford is at the early stages of design so there is still time to change any plans to avoid a colossal failure. At least PAY ATTENTION to the backlash online about a facelifted Everest. No one in the world wants that.

They say they hear their customers loud and clear about bringing back the Bronco. Let's hope they also hear what type of Bronco we all want.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll say this-if there is any part of the Redditer's post that is true it sounds like Ford is at the early stages of design so there is still time to change any plans to avoid a colossal failure. At least PAY ATTENTION to the backlash online about a facelifted Everest. No one in the world wants that.

They say they hear their customers loud and clear about bringing back the Bronco. Let's hope they also hear what type of Bronco we all want.
I'm going to be laughing my ass off at all you whiners who want a removable top 2dr SUV. Sorry it's not going to happen. The few, and I mean very few people that would buy it would not offset all of the development costs. Even the JK only sells about 25% as 2dr.

The Bronco needs to compete with the Grand Cherokee and 4Runner which I think it will. IFS front, Watt's link rear with a 2.7TT ecoboost and/or the new diesel option. True 4wd with locking center and rear diff. The frame, interior, and the overall body will be pulled off the Everest and tweaked. The actual front/rear and anything else that can be tooled and restamped will be unique. All you whiners want a bronco that 'looks' like bronco. Be prepaired it'll probably look like the current F150 front end or some mash up of the Edge/Escape front but more aggressive.

If so, i'll take it. The 2.7 is a strong motor and if Ford add's port injection to the DI it'll be more fuel efficient and more powerful. You guys should just be grateful a body on frame SUV is even being developed in this day and age.

Last edited:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going to be laughing my ass off at all you whiners who want a removable top 2dr SUV. Sorry it's not going to happen. The few, and I mean very few people that would buy it would not offset all of the development costs. Even the JK only sells about 25% as 2dr.

The Bronco needs to compete with the Grand Cherokee and 4Runner which I think it will. IFS front, Watt's link rear with a 2.7TT ecoboost and/or the new diesel option. True 4wd with locking center and rear diff. The frame, interior, and the overall body will be pulled off the Everest and tweaked. The actual front/rear and anything else that can be tooled and restamped will be unique. All you whiners want a bronco that 'looks' like bronco. Be prepaired it'll probably look like the current F150 front end or some mash up of the Edge/Escape front but more aggressive.

If so, i'll take it. The 2.7 is a strong motor and if Ford add's port injection to the DI it'll be more fuel efficient and more powerful. You guys should just be grateful a body on frame SUV is even being developed in this day and age.
"Whiners" eh? ugh....hope to see you eat your foot.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If has retooled any body lines from the Everest it will be a massive waste.

Sponsored

hidust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 96 Bronco
I just hope they keep a focus on usability and making it look tough, I would be very sad if they just made it look like every other mid-size to large SUV on the market and it simply blends in. The Bronco has a strong history and it needs to have it's own identity.

also very excited to see the after market options to make it more versatile and look better off-road.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is I love how people jumped on the anti-Bronco bandwagon based off an anonymous reddit poster's few posts. Ford is bringing back the Bronco for one reason - to go after the Wrangler who has the off-road capable SUV segment to itself for WAY too long. So they must know that a rebadged Everest will a laughing stock. I think we won't be disappointed with what they bring back, both styling wise and performance.
Sponsored