First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Updated with pics now that I have my Bronco. First big trip this past week towing this unit through the Smoky Mountains. The Bronco kicked ass! No issues towing at all. Sweet spot was 71 mph on the interstate. 2,100 rpms and averaged 14.5 mpg for the entire trip. 4.27 gears. Tongue weight was 420 lbs. fully loaded. Includes the WD hitch and a full propane tank up front.
Bronco Campe 5.jpg
Bronco Camper 2.jpg
Bronco Camper 4.jpg
How has this been? The tongue weight is supposed to be 350LBS max so this is really pushing it. Have you traveled cross country/up mountain passes with it, etc? How does it feel safety wise, etc?
Sponsored

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
23CF9289-A908-48A6-AC55-F6FF132E14A0.jpeg

We left the house behind and are 6 days from living in the 2015 R-Pod 178 full time traveling the country. Trailer weighs 2,900lbs with all the equipment and solar added. We carry 350lbs of cargo divided between the Bronco and the trailer.
How's this been? Any mountain passes traveled? Issues with maintaining speed, etc?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_1633

Not actually towing but parked together in camp. More scenic than the driveway photo.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_1623
Removable jack to clear spare.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got any pics of the hitch you’re using? I’m trying to visualize the difference between a “hitch extension” and an “extra-long hitch”…
With regard to the stress it puts on your vehicle’s hitch, there is no difference.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How's this been? Any mountain passes traveled? Issues with maintaining speed, etc?
We have full-timed in the r-pod for 14 months and counting. From SF to Chicago to Mexico and everywhere in between. Both the Bronco and r-pod have been flawless. Zipped up and down passes in ID, WY, CO, AZ, UT, and CA. Never once thought twice about it. And then we disconnect and go wheeling almost every Sunday. Well, did, until we slid backwards down a clay hill in Northen California, banged up every panel and 2 lights, hiked 5 miles out, and realized we were risking our home. We started with very little weight and of course kept adding as the Bronco continued to perform. I’ve taken it in for routine oil changes and service at various dealerships and nobody has said anything about noticing any wear or tear so I gotta think all systems are go.

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tows the boat easily with the 2.7.

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours bronco_boat1

SeldomSeen

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So a while back I posted asking about pulling an Airstream Basecamp (about 2,680 dry weight) and got a ton of mixed feedback from some people saying no way to others saying no problem... now I've found this trailering thread and it looks like a lot of people are trailering with no issues. I'm looking into a sway bar and the Curt wireless brake controller... any other suggestions?
Hello, did you purchase the Bascamp? We're looking now, but I'm fuzzy on the tongue weight...any advise? Proper hitch? Thanks!

BroncFan97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CC F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I actually made an account just to ask how the Bronco handles the 18dlx? Have you taken it across the scales to get a real world weight?

I’Il be swapping my old direct drive Mastercraft for an 18dlx party barge this spring and looking to order a Bronco as well. Ideally I’d like to trade my f-150 in for the Bronco, but was curious as to how it handled this boat as this may sway or delay my decision.

Thanks!
Sponsored