First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I reading this wrong? The bottom photo sure looks a rake to me. A pretty big one.
Maybe I am blind but I don’t see one. If anything I see like a 1% rake but that is still considerably less than the stock SAS.
Sponsored

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most importantly the front ratio is about 1.47 and I have read that the rear is about 1.10. That is to say that a 1 inch spacer in the front results in 1.47 inches of lift, and a 1 inch spacer in the rear results in 1.10 inches of lift (give or take - the front is pretty easy to tell from pictures, the back is not so easy).

RC 1 inch level kit is:
2 front only 0.25 spacers
4 front or rear 0.19 (3/16) spacers
If you use all of these in the front you get 0.62 x 1.47 = 0.92

RC 2 inch lift/level kit is:
4 front or rear 1.6 inch spacers
If you put them in the corners you get:
Front 1.6 x 1.47 = 2.4
Rear 1.6 x1.10 = 1.8

These can be combined in many ways to produce different outcomes. I had the RC 3.5 kit (3.7 front/3.5 rear) but decided not to go that direction (37s).

My plan (should my wife get her non-sq OBX) is to use all 4 of the 0.19 shims in the back with the 2 inch kit, and get:
Front 1.6 x 1.47 = 2.4
Rear (1.6 + 0.19 + 0.19) x 1.10 = 2.2

This will keep most of the rake, and should be a good fit for 35s. The rear track bar is fairly long and this moderate lift should not result in much offset. My personal opinion is that front lifts are pretty safe up to 2.6. The front can be upped to 2.7 by adding the 0.25 shims, and I will risk that if it needs to be more level.

Sponsored

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most importantly the front ratio is about 1.47 and I have read that the rear is about 1.10. That is to say that a 1 inch spacer in the front results in 1.47 inches of lift, and a 1 inch spacer in the rear results in 1.10 inches of lift (give or take - the front is pretty easy to tell from pictures, the back is not so easy).

RC 1 inch level kit is:

RC 2 inch lift/level kit is:
4 front or rear 1.6 inch spacers
If you put them in the corners you get:
Front 1.6 x 1.47 = 2.4
Rear 1.6 x1.10 = 1.8

These can be combined in many ways to produce different outcomes. I had the RC 3.5 kit (3.7 front/3.5 rear) but decided not to go that direction (37s).

My plan (should my wife get her non-sq OBX) is to use all 4 of the 0.19 shims in the back w.92 ith the 2 inch kit, and get:
Front 1.6 x 1.47 = 2.4
Rear (1.6 + 0.19 + 0.19) x 1.10 = 2.2

This will keep most of the rake, and should be a good fit for 35s. The rear track bar is fairly long and this moderate lift should not result in much offset. My personal opinion is that front lifts are pretty safe up to 2.6. The front can be upped to 2.7 by adding the 0.25 shims, and I will risk that if it needs to be more level.
I was under thr impression that the non-sas OBX didn't have rake. But I do like your plan to get the 2.4 up front and 2.2 in the rear!

The 2" RC lift makes sense, but the RC 1" level gives you a total of 0.92" max lift for front and back combined doesnt sound great !

Last edited:

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its a Kuat Pivot2, about $400, which extends the hitch receiver away from the spare tire, as well as being a swing-out hinge. With a swinging rear door, I have to swing the bike away to open the door. To that is mounted a Kuat NV 2.0, flat load, fold up bike rack. With the accessory work station, it was about $650. I can also put other racks on the Pivot2, like a fishing gear rack. See photos. I leave the Pivot on the hitch, and change out racks.

20211123_104723.jpg

20211123_104853.jpg

Although in this photo perspective, it looks like the bike is wider than the car, it is not. In fact, the OBX fenders are wider than the bike.
I'm not gonna lie... when I first saw this I thought it was the worlds worst, most obnoxious exhaust system in history, attached to a basket for some reason.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was under thr impression that the non-sas OBX didn't have rake. But I do like your plan to get the 2.4 up front and 2.2 in the rear!

The 2" RC lift makes sense, but the RC 1" level gives you a total of 0.92" max lift for front and back combined doesnt sound great !
Like you I have seen various degrees of rake show up across all models. From what I have seen the non-sas OBS's look about dead level with the RC 1 inch in the front, or the RC 2 inch all around. That would mean that they came with a rake between 0.6 -0.9 inches. I want to keep most of that rake, but put 35s on. So, I will be using the round spacers (they are so thin I call them shims) from the 1 inch level kit, in the back.

That's the beauty of the 1 inch level kit. It is just a bunch of shims, and the round ones can be used in the front or back. Basically, I will just stand back and decide where I want to add the "shims" to produce the look I want. To be honest, this whole spacer lift thing is just a bunch of fender washers, but it is the right approach for my wife's grocery getter.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about the Rough Country 2"

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-lift-kit-40400.html

I was actually thinking of doing this 2"-2.5" front. 1.5" rear kit myself.
.5" difference from back to front should be hardly noticeable.
https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dir...-ford-bronco-suspension-lifts-and-components/
I had not seen that the 4wheel parts lift could be adjustable in the front. Thank you for posting that. I'm definitely going 2" in front, 1.5 in rear. This will hopefully keep a touch of rake, but less than factory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had not seen that the 4wheel parts lift could be adjustable in the front. Thank you for posting that. I'm definitely going 2" in front, 1.5 in rear. This will hopefully keep a touch of rake, but less than factory.
Various Stages: I'm still contemplating what lift I might want. From studying the 4wp shocks and other components, I like that the coilovers are adjustable from 1" to about 3". That means I could start with 33" tires at 1" lift, and raise the adjustable coilover shocks later with larger 35" tires. 4wp additionally recommends that their UCAs be added for the 35" tires, as well as their rear track bar.

One thing I have noticed from the 4wp recommendations, and from conversations on this forum with experts, is that the best practice is that various spacer lifts should be limited to 1". Any lift over about 1" should be accomplished with coilovers with new springs, not spacers of 2 and 3 inches. I'm no expert, but that appears to be the consensus over what is ideal for a safe and functional vehicle.

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RC 1 inch level kit is:
how do you get a higher ratio that 1:1? If it's sitting at an angle, it seems you'd get less than 1:1 ratio, not more. Are these ratios provided by RC?

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how do you get a higher ratio that 1:1? If it's sitting at an angle, it seems you'd get less than 1:1 ratio, not more. Are these ratios provided by RC?
RC did not provide the ratios. The front end is from measuring pivot locations in various photographs here. Most people have stated 1:1.5 for the front, which matches pretty well.

As I said, the back is trickier. I assumed 1:1 also until I read someone else stating 1:1.1 just recently. So I went looking for pictures of the back end geometry. It appeared that the base of the rear coilovers act slightly ahead of the rear axel. So the 1:1.1 seemed reasonable.

I'll see if I can locate more information, and in the meantime I'll assume 1:1.05 😉 Won't really impact my overall plans, but like you, I am interested, so I will take another look.

Rubicon79

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I carry a bike rack, tow the boat, hitch rack, etc and I prefer some rake. The rear suspension is soft with just a little tongue weight.
I’d like a 1” or so lift but keep the rake and can’t seem to find any options. Seems like the rough country is the closest?

7DEF5524-1F5E-43B8-B87D-BD537B4773A4.jpeg

64C4BCD4-95E8-448B-96EA-5DBF1FCD7D40.jpeg