First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I am new to the truck game and would like some advice. Thank you in advance! So my 2022 Outer Banks non- Sas will arrive in the next couple weeks. I would like to put some bigger tires on probably 275 70 18's. I going for a little bit of a widerish and higherish look maybe 1-2 inch's higher. Do you guys suggest a lift kit or just a level kit? Is one less expensive than the other? Again thank you in advance as all info and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Level does just that.levels front with rear. (Doesnt give you any overall height increase. Spacer lift or coil over lift will give you a set amount of lift front and back and most level the front with back. No recommendation,its what you want and how you use the truck. Those size tires will likely fit without any level or lift. Outside chance you have to remove crash bars but I dont think so. A “widerish” look has to do with offset of rims mostly. Bigger tire wont give you any noticeable wider stance. The skys the limit on cost. Level kit can be 200 bucks plus labor and coil over lift can be 1000s. Spacer lift a couple 100 to 1500 or so. I went with spacer lift as I dont off road at all. Having said that I know I am putting my cv axles at a increased angle and will pay for that over the long term. The stock geometry of the front end will change. That puts other components at risk. But I am able to do my own installs so I am ok with changing an axle out at some point. Coil over lifts are much more expensive but aim to keep geometry in a better position. If you off road a coil over is what you should do. Do research. Dont cheap out which ever way you go. You do get what you pay for long term.

Last edited:

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Level does just that.levels front with rear. (Doesnt give you any overall height increase. Spacer lift or coil over lift will give you a set amount of lift front and back and most level the front with back. No recommendation,its what you want and how you use the truck. Those size tires will likely fit without any level or lift. Outside chance you have to remove crash bars but I dont think so. A “widerish” look has to do with offset of rims mostly. Bigger tire wont give you any noticeable wider stance. The skys the limit on cost. Level kit can be 200 bucks plus labor and coil over lift can be 1000s. Spacer lift a couple 100 to 1500 or so. I went with spacer lift as I dont off road at all. Having said that I know I am putting my cv axles at a increased angle and will pay for that over the long term. The stock geometry of the front end will change. That puts other components at risk. But I am able to do my own installs so I am ok with changing an axle out at some point. Coil over lifts are much more expensive but aim to keep geometry in a better position. If you off road a coil over is what you should do. Do research. Dont cheap out which ever way you go. You do get what you pay for long term.
Very good advice…….I‘d pay attention to this if considering any suspension change.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I have a non-Sasquatch OBX with Sasquatch wheels I bought locally and 315/70R17 Wildpeaks with a 1.25” leveling kit on the fronts($630 with install and alignment). I’m super happy with the look. Zero rubbing with the crash bars removed. My off roading is moderate at most with much of logging/fire roads and driving across snow packed frozen lakes for a couple months each winter. Our favorite bars/restaurants are much easier and faster to get to by going across the ice rather than by road. It’s also more fun ripping through fresh snow at 60+mph. :)

Ford Bronco Lift kit vs. Level kit 7B5AB7AE-6627-4904-97B8-C1F98F9967CD
Ford Bronco Lift kit vs. Level kit E9133927-AD2D-4D2C-BE9F-4C3F1959E1B3

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to put some bigger tires on probably 275 70 18's. I going for a little bit of a widerish and higherish look maybe 1-2 inch's higher.
If you go a little wider and get 285/70-18’s, they are identical in size to my 285/75-17’s. Our wheels are both 7.5” wide with +55 offset, so your stance will look just like mine without any lift at all, and crash bars still in place…

Ford Bronco Lift kit vs. Level kit E88E8618-4B9A-4FF7-94D3-3E91CB754005

It sits about an inch higher overall than stock, no rubbing, and no poke. It’s a tiny bit nose-low, but with these taller tires it actually isn’t as noticeable.

If you do want a widerish stance (and some poke), you’ll have to go with less offset and wider tires, like the Sas wheels posted above. You’ll probably have to remove the crash bars for that…
Sponsored