Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The non Sasquatch suspension might be different but on the Sasquatch set up there definitely is some rake. I plan on doing a 1in level soon to mine. Here is a comparison picture I found on the forum.
BCFE3F86-A60C-488E-AE83-124C11AEE56C.jpeg
Bottom photo looks so much worse
Sponsored

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The non Sasquatch suspension might be different but on the Sasquatch set up there definitely is some rake. I plan on doing a 1in level soon to mine. Here is a comparison picture I found on the forum.
BCFE3F86-A60C-488E-AE83-124C11AEE56C.jpeg
So what happens when you load up for a trip, on or off road, with a couple hundred pounds of cargo & gear? If you raise the front level without cargo, won't it be more difficult to drive with the extra weight, which if you have a level, will make the front higher than the rear? Trying to understand the rationale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep agreed and I shake my head when I see leveled, lifted bro trucks occasionally doing what they were meant to do and hauling a load or towing a trailer with the nose up in the air so high I canā€™t imagine how the driver can keep the rig between the lines. Iā€˜ll admit I did that to one rig I owned but wonā€™t take looks over function again but I guess Iā€™m getting old or maybe more sensible.

That said people buy stuff for different reasons, different strokes and allā€¦..
Age, and its perspective, and its experience does provide some wisdom to life.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What rack is that? Gunna need something new for when I get my bronco for my bikes.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What rack is that? Gunna need something new for when I get my bronco for my bikes.
Its a Kuat Pivot2, about $400, which extends the hitch receiver away from the spare tire, as well as being a swing-out hinge. With a swinging rear door, I have to swing the bike away to open the door. To that is mounted a Kuat NV 2.0, flat load, fold up bike rack. With the accessory work station, it was about $650. I can also put other racks on the Pivot2, like a fishing gear rack. See photos. I leave the Pivot on the hitch, and change out racks.

20211123_104723.jpg

20211123_104853.jpg

20211029_160050.jpg

Although in this photo perspective, it looks like the bike is wider than the car, it is not. In fact, the OBX fenders are wider than the bike.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its a Kuat Pivot2, about $400, which extends the hitch receiver away from the spare tire, as well as being a swing-out hinge. With a swinging rear door, I have to swing the bike away to open the door. To that is mounted a Kuat NV 2.0, flat load, fold up bike rack. With the accessory work station, it was about $650. I can also put other racks on the Pivot2, like a fishing gear rack. See photos. I leave the Pivot on the hitch, and change out racks.

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift 20211029_160050

Although in this photo perspective, it looks like the bike is wider than the car, it is not. In fact, the OBX fenders are wider than the bike.
Ohh sweet, might just need to buy the pivot tbh. Clearing your spare wheel do you think it leaves enough room to clear a sas tire? Love your bike btw!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a bike rack and a little bit of daily gear is enough to sag the backend, perhaps that explains the anemic tow rating.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohh sweet, might just need to buy the pivot tbh. Clearing your spare wheel do you think it leaves enough room to clear a sas tire? Love your bike btw!
Yes, it would clear a SAS tire and even 37" tires, I believe. You can see a yardstick lying along the bottom of the rack, it adds about 42" fully extended. 4" of that is the add-on work station. Its the most expensive pair of bike racks Ive bought, but Ive found you get what you pay for, and these are very sturdy. I used them on my F150, and could put the tailgate down if needed. These racks both have tightening mechanisms inside the receiver bar, to eliminate movement. The hitch pin has a safety and theft prevention role. Here are two photos, with rack loaded, and folded, and how far they extend.

BTW, the bike rack will NOT clear the tire without an extender. I added a photo showing how the OBX spare prevents the bike rack from entering the receiver. The Pivot is on the ground in this photo.

SmartSelect_20211202-090826_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211202-090904_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211202-092434_Gallery.jpg

This photo shows how an extender is necessary to add a bike rack with a spare tire.

Last edited:

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fenders are not a valid hard point to measure a rake on a body design. You need to locate the vehicle on a flat surface and try your best to get an orthographic side view.
would be interesting to see a car on a relatively flat surface, and stick a digital level on the ground vs say... the belt line or roof rail.

Not that I care about it being 0.0, just curious what the angle is.

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We added 33" tires with no lift on our Outer Banks. The rake on yours isn't as noticeable as ours. The difference from the front fender and rear on ours is 1 3/8". 36 5/8" front and 38" in the rear.

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift IMG_0151

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have a bike rack hanging off the rear, and are surprised the rake is gone?

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We added 33" tires with no lift on our Outer Banks. The rake on yours isn't as noticeable as ours. The difference from the front fender and rear on ours is 1 3/8". 36 5/8" front and 38" in the rear.

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift IMG_0151
I cant read your tires. What exactly are they, size and type? What do they ride like, and how do you like them? More noise or harshness than stock?

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Level lift could help if adding heavy bumper, winch, etc. Just a thought

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my 2 door on 33 stock tires .Doesnt seem to have a rake .My 4 door has a 1 1/2 inch rake..

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a bike rack hanging off the rear, and are surprised the rake is gone?
Thats not my point at all. My point is to ask, why would I want a front-only level kit when luggage and a sturdy, loaded bike rack seemingly level the car anyway? It seems to me that the rake is designed-in so that the vehicle CAN be loaded up. But if thats true, it just logically seems irresponsible for a lift supplier to even offer a level kit as a lift on a Bronco . . . It would seem that a 4 wheel lift is appropriate.

However, another respondent posted a photo of a Sasquatch OBX. That has more rake than my non-sasquatch OBX. Would you put a level lift on a Bronco?
Sponsored