First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, it would clear a SAS tire and even 37" tires, I believe. You can see a yardstick lying along the bottom of the rack, it adds about 42" fully extended. 4" of that is the add-on work station. Its the most expensive pair of bike racks Ive bought, but Ive found you get what you pay for, and these are very sturdy. I used them on my F150, and could put the tailgate down if needed. These racks both have tightening mechanisms inside the receiver bar, to eliminate movement. The hitch pin has a safety and theft prevention role. Here are two photos, with rack loaded, and folded, and how far they extend.

BTW, the bike rack will NOT clear the tire without an extender. I added a photo showing how the OBX spare prevents the bike rack from entering the receiver. The Pivot is on the ground in this photo.

SmartSelect_20211202-090826_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211202-090904_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20211202-092434_Gallery.jpg

This photo shows how an extender is necessary to add a bike rack with a spare tire.
Man it's perfect. Juat what I been needing to look for! I have a thule bike rack that I use know and wasn't sure if I was going to have to get a new rack entirely but that swing arm is pretty much all I need. Thanks for all the good pictures and info!
Sponsored

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Level lift could help if adding heavy bumper, winch, etc. Just a thought
Good point. Alot depends on weight distribution. And undercarriage plating will add weight, too. I believe that the springs are different on various models for this reason.

Last edited:

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put 33s on my 2.3 non-sas OBX without any modifications and it has been completely fine.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man it's perfect. Juat what I been needing to look for! I have a thule bike rack that I use know and wasn't sure if I was going to have to get a new rack entirely but that swing arm is pretty much all I need. Thanks for all the good pictures and info!
I would think your existing Thule would work well with the Pivot2, Thule also makes a swing-out but I can't speak to it. These are scarce, though, if you find one, grab it! In the meantime, an 8" extender would work.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put 33s on my 2.3 non-sas OBX without any modifications and it has been completely fine.
Can you tell me exactly which tires, which wheels, and how you like them?

Sponsored

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you tell me exactly which tires, which wheels, and how you like them?
I put on General Grabber ATX 275/70/18 on the stock rims. I like the look of the beefier tire but there was a slight but noticeable difference in ride (not in noise though). Depending on if I take it off road I'd consider going back to the Duelers (stock) tire just in a bigger size. The 275/70 looks considerably better on the car. The stock 255s looked undersized to me.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If a bike rack and a little bit of daily gear is enough to sag the backend, perhaps that explains the anemic tow rating.
Well, its not sagging, its level when loaded.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been pondering getting a 1" lift for 33" tires on my non-SAS stock OBX, 2.7 with rear lockers. Some "experts" posit that all i need is a "level" (front 1" lift) to remove the "rake" in my Bronco. When I mentioned that to my dealer, she said their practice & recommendation was to keep the factory geometry and do a simple 1" lift of all four corners.

I looked more closely for the "rake" in my Bronco, and I can't find any. The front and rear wheels are the same distance from the fenders. This is not my F150, where the rear was perpetually, obviously higher than the front. It only got level when towing or carrying a heavy load.

I measured. They're within an 1/8 inch of each other. Granted, i have A heavy Kuat bike rack with a heavy Pivot, a swing-out accessory, and a bike. So with all that gone, I suppose the rear would be a little higher. But, it seems the dealer is correct, that a 4 corner lift would be best. Your thoughts?

Do any Broncos really have "rake"?

20211130_164656.jpg

20211201_143920.jpg
Mine definitely does... And I kinda like it like that
Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift received_925692571703278

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put on General Grabber ATX 275/70/18 on the stock rims. I like the look of the beefier tire but there was a slight but noticeable difference in ride (not in noise though). Depending on if I take it off road I'd consider going back to the Duelers (stock) tire just in a bigger size. The 275/70 looks considerably better on the car. The stock 255s looked undersized to me.
You did exactly what I'm thinking of. Unfortunately, that stock P255/70R18 Dueler doesn't come in a larger size, and the LT version has a different tread design with a solid outside tread which would prevent sand from evacuating properly, leading to squeaking noise on the beach. That grabber is the only 18" LT with a D load rating instead of a harsher E rating. Which is why we're stuck with our 18" wheels. I even wrote Mickey Thompson to ask if they were going to make an 275/70R18 in a C or D rating for a softer ride, and they said no.

I've been advised by other, more knowledgeable members here that to do it right, I need to buy a set of 17" wheels, and then Id have my pick of C & D rated tires. Part of the issue seems to be that the 18" wheel has a tire with a shorter sidewall, meaning it has to be sturdier to handle air down. Or put another way, the 17" tire has a taller sidewall, making airing down safer while keeping the tire lighter.

Meaning, buy a set of stock Badlands wheels & Tires! $ $ $

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea it was odd and I appreciate the extra insight. I couldn't swing new rims as well right now. If you look at my posts I have some pictures up. Love the look now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, when i get my Bronco up to 140 mph . . .
Right I get it. :) I actually like my truck with a rake for when I add load to them, then they level out.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right I get it. :) I actually like my truck with a rake for when I add load to them, then they level out.
Thats kindof what im thinking, which is why i was puzzled over the Bronco Level Kit offerings, being new to lifting. But photos from other respondents have shown that the Sasquatch does have more rake then the non-Sasquatch Broncos

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cant read your tires. What exactly are they, size and type? What do they ride like, and how do you like them? More noise or harshness than stock?
They're the BF Goodrich KO2 275/70/18 and we love them. It greatly improved the look and we haven't noticed any difference in the ride or noise but haven't really driven them on the freeway yet. I think with the soft top the noise is irrelevant anyways.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s all about perspective to the eyes of the beholder!
I crack up when people try to get scientific about this concept and physically try to find level with a ruler. Its all about the body design, and what your eye perceives as an individual .
Hello!….
That’s why there’s options!!!
Of course….the Carolina squat is pretty obvious to everyone!

But….
when I want to judge someone’s rig out loud!….
I think about the stupid shit me and my friends did, when we were young and dumb to cars and trucks!!
Oh-Boy! Surprised we lived!!!
Lol!

my biggest beef with all this lift level stuff is….if you’re gonna do that stuff at least re-adjust your
Damn headlights and your fog lights, that don’t need to be on 24 hours a day!!!
And they don’t need to be three times as bright yellow and blue and all these other freaking colors!!!
Sponsored