John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They're the BF Goodrich KO2 275/70/18 and we love them. It greatly improved the look and we haven't noticed any difference in the ride or noise but haven't really driven them on the freeway yet. I think with the soft top the noise is irrelevant anyways.
Nice to know! In 18", those tires are only available in E rated, which is a harsher ride, but hard to know what that feels Iike without spending $1,500!

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bottom photo looks so much worse
I agree to disagree. We are not talking about squatting the truck or putting 28” rims on it, this is a subtle difference.
So what happens when you load up for a trip, on or off road, with a couple hundred pounds of cargo & gear? If you raise the front level without cargo, won't it be more difficult to drive with the extra weight, which if you have a level, will make the front higher than the rear? Trying to understand the rationale.
Well as I said in my first post, if you plan to load it down to its max cargo capacity all the time then you should not level it. For my personal use it is just me and my wife and when we go on trips we tent camp with bare bones supplies and do not need the cargo capacity. Also just for reference, the classic Broncos or the Broncos with the high end Kings Suspension do not have a rake to them🤷
Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift A21C2E6B-7AFC-4BEC-8ED4-EDD97DB8CDB8

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift 60E0C330-E8AC-489E-B98F-4869087CA201

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s all about perspective to the eyes of the beholder!
I crack up when people try to get scientific about this concept and physically try to find level with a ruler. Its all about the body design, and what your eye perceives as an individual .
Hello!….
That’s why there’s options!!!
Of course….the Carolina squat is pretty obvious to everyone!

But….
when I want to judge someone’s rig out loud!….
I think about the stupid shit me and my friends did, when we were young and dumb to cars and trucks!!
Oh-Boy! Surprised we lived!!!
Lol!

my biggest beef with all this lift level stuff is….if you’re gonna do that stuff at least re-adjust your
Damn headlights and your fog lights, that don’t need to be on 24 hours a day!!!
And they don’t need to be three times as bright yellow and blue and all these other freaking colors!!!
Right, I'm mystified by that Carolina Squat down here! Every time I see it, I shake my head and ask, "Why?"

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree to disagree. We are not talking about squatting the truck or putting 28” rims on it, this is a subtle difference.

Well as I said in my first post, if you plan to load it down to its max cargo capacity all the time then you should not level it. For my personal use it is just me and my wife and when we go on trips we tent camp with bare bones supplies and do not need the cargo capacity. Also just for reference, the classic Broncos or the Broncos with the high end Kings Suspension do not have a rake to them🤷

No, you're correct in that we're all creating art with our trucks, and the goal is to create what works for each of us. In this post, My goal was to try and figure out the leveling vs lifting issues, and this fascinating conversation has done that for me, and hopefully others. Nice early Bronco you have, reminds me of our 1966 Scout my Mom had and was my first regular car.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what happens when you load up for a trip, on or off road, with a couple hundred pounds of cargo & gear? If you raise the front level without cargo, won't it be more difficult to drive with the extra weight, which if you have a level, will make the front higher than the rear? Trying to understand the rationale.
I dont think 500lbs of gear is going to have your front tires lifting off the road or anything... its mostly centered on the rear axle, so it shouldnt cause the front end to float at all.

a trailer on the other hand can actually use the rear axle as a fulcrum, so thats different.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct. I carry a bike, and STUFF. The stuff stays in the back of the truck until i need it. And then there's room to carry extra stuff when I go to the store, or take a trip. So I have some Rake so the truck is level when I carry stuff!
pC2BB4QHaDt?w=276&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean if white frame Oakleys are your thing, I'm sure it looks great 🤷🏻‍♂️

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift pC2BB4QHaDt?w=276&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift pC2BB4QHaDt?w=276&h=175&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Am I reading this wrong? The bottom photo sure looks a rake to me. A pretty big one.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift after lift side

This is after 33s and a 1" lift. I don't see a rake, personally.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broncos "Rake", level vs lift after lift side

This is after 33s and a 1" lift. I don't see a rake, personally.
Our OBX units seem to be Rake Free.
How is the noise with those 18" KO2's on the highway? More harsh ride? Does the 1" lift affect handling? They fill the wheel wells nicely!

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Am I reading this wrong? The bottom photo sure looks a rake to me. A pretty big one.
SAS has a big rake, according to posted photos, this is a Badlands with the SAS shocks and it has a rake. All the OBX photos posted show NO rake. Very interesting!

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id love to lower my rear by an inch, vs raise the front an inch.

*Runs from mob

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When doing a search for a even lift such as 1 and 1 or 2 and 2 there is nothing being offered.
Sponsored