First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone else noticed how these Ford people never use "the" before Bronco? It's always, "when bringing back Bronco, it was a big question..."

What is that all about?
Almost sounds like they’re referring to it as its own brand like Dodge did with Ram
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Almost sounds like they’re referring to it as its own brand like Dodge did with Ram
Yeah, this makes sense. It's definitely some sort of concerted effort. That many people don't speak that way by coincidence.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone else noticed how these Ford people never use "the" before Bronco? It's always, "when bringing back Bronco, it was a big question..."

What is that all about?
They all also say "stay bar" vs. "sway bar". Is that a Ford thing I don't know about?

Chris

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sure, but what "MT" actually means has been discussed in a number of threads here. The conclusion was that these particular tires aren't really mud tires at all. Search on "multi-terrain" and "maximum traction" for more on the topic.
This is what ford calling them. Everywhere the talk about sasquatch they call them mud terrain tires. Goodyear calling them all terrain.

Ace120

Base
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you are right because they were pushing the Bronco family during the reveal “3 different vehicles” plus we know they plan to add the raptor version and the truck version so it will be it’s own “brand” with 5 different vehicles.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

What is that all about?
I'm sure an English major can tell us the official reason. Makes me think of Buckeye fan and their insistence on putting the "the" in front. Maybe Bronco is just a little more sure of it's standing in the world. :)

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man there are going to be a lot of aftermarket front grills for this thing. I can’t wait to see all the unique Broncos rolling around after the first year. So many customizable aspects.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure an English major can tell us the official reason. Makes me think of Buckeye fan and their insistence on putting the "the" in front. Maybe Bronco is just a little more sure of it's standing in the world. :)
It has nothing to do with grammar. This is all marketing speak: "mud tires" versus "multi-terrain" or "maximum traction"; "stay bar" versus "sway bar"; "Bronco" versus "the Bronco." It's meant to differentiate the Bronco (I am not for the love of all that is good and holy going to adopt their fake language) from other models and influence how people feel about the brand.

I wrote marketing copy for a lot of years and I still write for a living. Words change how people think about your brand. Ford probably has a whole glossary of terms that their people have to stick to when they talk about the product. Fun for them, maybe, but ungrammatical and confusing as hell for the customer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m pretty sure Sasquatch comes with MT’s I know Badlands without squatch comes with 33’ AT’s.
I saw some photos and zoomed in .. they Say Mud Tires on the side wall ... others just had MT ... it's a mess

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's meant to differentiate the Bronco (I am not for the love of all that is good and holy going to adopt their fake language) from other models and influence how people feel about the brand.
I think that you just made the point for them. Bronco is a brand, not a thing.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting the video!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The
I saw some photos and zoomed in .. they Say Mud Tires on the side wall ... others just had MT ... it's a mess
Tires are R/Ts.

Large lugged, but close spaced AT center tread, with MT outer lugs and sidewall protection.

None of the tire manufacturers can agree on the RT name though.
Some call them AT3, AT2, maximum traction, and even XT tread.
Sponsored