Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think it's just you dude... 🤷
I've driven 3 Broncos. They all sound the same. The ABS unit makes some ridiculous noises. Have you played around with it? Those sounds you hear from trail turn assist come from the ABS, and it makes those noises any time the unit is active, so if you're on icy roads it does it a lot.

I'm not complaining, it's just weird. No other car I've driven has an ABS that sounds like this. You can hear all of them, but not like you can in a bronco.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've driven 3 Broncos. They all sound the same. The ABS unit makes some ridiculous noises. Have you played around with it? Those sounds you hear from trail turn assist come from the ABS, and it makes those noises any time the unit is active, so if you're on icy roads it does it a lot.

I'm not complaining, it's just weird. No other car I've driven has an ABS that sounds like this. You can hear all of them, but not like you can in a bronco.
What’s an ABS?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What’s an ABS?
Anti-lock Braking System. The system that pulses your brakes so they don't lock up under a hard braking situation. It's also what makes things like trail turn assist possible, or line lock on a Mustang, because it allows individual control of the brake on each wheel.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anti-lock Braking System. The system that pulses your brakes so they don't lock up under a hard braking situation. It's also what makes things like trail turn assist possible, or line lock on a Mustang, because it allows individual control of the brake on each wheel.
Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a Toyota 4 Runner out with down hill assist enabled. Lol
What a racket! Bronco can't be this bad!?

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holding the button down for any amount of time has no effect. It keeps turning off no matter what. STUPID! If you live on the gulf coast and drive around refineries, you need the recirculate button to stay on! Can’t wait until they make a new FJ!

You may have to hold the recirculation button for a few seconds for it to stay ON, on the FJ, if you only push on it, it will turn on for a couple of minutes then Off, if you push and hold for a few seconds, it stays on.

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The cloaking devise on mine never turns off. I can’t seem to see my Bronco in my driveway… ever.
Well played sir, well played!

Sponsored

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Blown Engine at 4500 miles. The wind whistle bothered me, but I think my blown engine tops it.

My back window did the same as others reported and wouldn’t roll up all the way, but still the engine thing takes the cake.
how long to replace? sorry to hear that. 2.3 or 2.7?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do we not have numbered fuses or a reference to fuses on the lid of the fuse box under the hood? How are we suppose to know which fuse is for what? 🤷‍♂️

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What’s an ABS?
At least in my experience, when your Anti-Lock Braking system kicks in, it can at first be like "Whoah what the hell is that?!" -it uses computers and stuff to pulse the brakes rapidly when you slam on them in certain conditions- this way the brakes don't lock up and you lose control. I have only had it kick in a few times in my life in different vehicles- haven't got my Bronco yet so I can't speak to how this one sounds ... but if you're constantly having your ABS fire up , something is wrong IMHO... why are you constantly slamming on the brakes? I get the icy road part - but short of that and emergencies , it's basically a non-issue IMHO.
Sponsored