Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco last week. Thanks to Sunset Ford for keeping their word and selling at MSRP and to my sales guy, Tim Stewart, for promptly returning emails and for patiently making order changes and for just being helpful over the past fourteen months. The deal was as promised, with no ADM, extra charges or inflated doc fees. No dealer drama. No in-transit damage. It's been a long ride, and I realize many people with orders placed before mine are still waiting for their Broncos. I hope you get good news soon. I can't remember ever having so much trouble spending $42K.

My original reservation was for a Badlands/Lux in CG. At the time, I didn't know what a sway bar disconnect was used for, but I had to have one! The delays, although frustrating, provided me the opportunity to research all of the Bronco trims. Since I don't do any off-roading, it didn't make sense to spend thousands of dollars more for a BL with serious off-road capabilities that I will never use, just because I liked the wheels. So, I researched the trims from Base to OBX. There was something that I liked about each of them, which only made my decision more difficult. I decided to get the Big Bend because I wanted the Mid Package. I chose the 2.3L/10A because that's what I had in my '19 Ranger and it suited me well. I also like that the Bronco has a full-size spare. No fix-a-flat kit for me! These pics were taken after the BL wheels and 275/70 Wildpeak AT3s were installed. I decided to stay with 32s, just wanted something wider in a more aggressive tread pattern. Windows have been tinted since this pic.

Used truck prices are still high! I received $37,000 for my 2019 Ranger Lariat, which was all equity, leaving a difference of $5,000. The dealer's trade allowance was higher than Car Gurus, Carvana, CarMax and the like. I thought about selling the Ranger myself, but there are too many crazies that want to drive it and then make a ridiculously low offer.

This Bronco checks a lot of boxes for me, including one on my Bucket List. Next year is the 25th anniversary of my heart transplant. Because of an unselfish gift from a stranger, I've been able to continue my life and focus on what matters most: spending time with family and friends, working part-time (I've retired twice now) and now, driving my Bronco! I plan on taking a Route 66 road trip from St. Louis to Oklahoma City to see friends and to Charlotte to see my nephews and their families. Simple pleasures. It's been a long time since I've owned a vehicle that is fun to drive. I've had several vehicles through the years, but my favorite ones had 2 doors: 1981 Corvette, 1984 300ZX, 1987 Mustang GT, 1990 325i.

Thanks to everyone on B6G for your input and advice. This is a great resource. I learned a lot from this forum, mostly from lurking. There were many days when I did nothing but read threads on here and BN or used the B&P on Ford.com. It has been informative and entertaining. Special thanks to @Cat, @ocbucks1, @Firefight911, and @ThugBunnnyExpress for clarification and support. Despite the delays and disappointments, @FordMotorCompany nailed the design. I will be on the forum now and then, post an occasional Bronco pic and catch-up on B6G news. I plan to be around until @Osky305 and @Texas Sunshine and the rest of our 01/17 family get their Broncos! Good luck to all.

I would have attached better pics, but after picking it up on Friday, I tested positive for Covid today :(

My HPR Bronco.jpg
Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's posts like this that really put things into perspective.
Congrats on your Bronco, and your plans. Driving the entirety of Route 66 is on my bucket list, as well as Monument Valley.

My Bronco is finally scheduled to be built tomorrow after 708 days, and am looking forward to finally having a different view on things.