First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Figured I'd post the scenario that I'm in to share with the everyone.

I ordered my green 2-door, base model with manual trans before the closing date back in March of this year. $500 deposit to order- no problem.
Like some others on here I just seen, I also received the email that my order is scheduled to be built the week of September 26th, only thing is I canceled my order back in June and they refunded my deposit after I purchased another crew cab Ram.
I went up to the dealer and spoke to the GM, obviously they want the vehicle on lot and are trying to talk me out of buying it. I spoke with the sales associate I worked with and this was our conversation.

Me-" Hey, I'm just curious about an email showing my bronco is confirmed for production later this month, but I know we canceled that order months ago. Isn't the only way for that vehicle to get built is if it that order is still attached to my name?"
Mr.Sales " Yes, and at the time we had to decide to either cancel the build with Ford or to keep the reservation and build it. But that is correct that it's still attached to your name with the build. Now are you still interested in buying it?"
Me. "If it's still getting built then yes I'd still buy it but I canceled because I thought it would take at least 2 years to start being built. I'm sure your GM would love for me to not do so that way you guys can mark it up like crazy."

Mr Sales. " haha yeah that is right, but you still have the right to buy it. If that is what you still want to do."
Me " I mean, if it's in "my name" persay and you're obligated to sell it to me at MSRP and It'll be here before Christmas then hell I'd still buy it from you."

Mr Sales _" Yup you would get it at the MSRP at the time you locked the original order in. So that sounds good. We'll stay in contact and get more into the details of everything as production gets underway."

Now, I called the Bronco help line and discussed the situation with them and the woman on the line advised me to get into contact with the GM of the dealership and tell them I would like to get in contact with their Ford representative. '

Are they obligated to sell me the vehicle at MSRP, or are they just trying to keep me from blowing smoke on them for going through with the order?
Business is business, but still wanted to share this with the community.
Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They only thing they are obliged to do is what you both legally agreed to.

If you had no prior agreement , written or otherwise, on pricing, they can mark it up or down however they wish.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trust nothing

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty sure if you canceled the order and were refunded your deposit, any agreement you had in place is probably no longer valid.

That said, if Mr Sales guy stated that they would sell it to you at MSRP in that later conversation, its a bad look if they do not honor it.

OP
OP
SurroundedByPotholes

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I trust nothing lol. I don't care all that much but coming out of sales myself this is a practice I would never do because I never wanted anyone to look down upon me- word gets around quickly.
I only want to buy it out of spite so they can't sell it north of MSRP to someone else.
I'll keep my NA V10 and V8's.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lol I have the same thing going. I ordered and later cancelled because I bought a Bronco at a different dealer. Then I got the email it’s being built 8/22 and I have a VIN/window sticker. I’m curious if they’ll call me or not. Not sure if I’d buy it because I’m pretty happy with my current Bronco, but I do still like the one I built, and if they offered me enough on a trade I might consider it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I don't understand the negativity here. Th OP bailed on his order, bought something else, and got his deposit refunded. The dealership let the order go through anyway (well why not? Not like they aren't going to sell it). Then when the OP get's email notification that it's getting built, he questions the dealer, who says the deal is still good if you changed your mind. I mean...that's kinda cool they would do that. If I was in the OP's shoes I wouldn't expect anything being that I had flaked out on the deal. Of course now you gotta take the dealer's word for it, but this forum is littered w/stories of reservation holders who never flaked and still got screwed, so what good is your word, and what good is the dealer's word? Guess you will just have to wait till it's delivered and find out? OP isn't out anything...even got deposit back!

OP
OP
SurroundedByPotholes

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The negative sentiment stems from the idea that customers must put a deposit down for a vehicle to be built. This has been proven false, since a dealer can just push through with the order anyways but use your name for the order until it arrives. Might as well have all your employees place orders with a deposit, cancel, then keep the builds coming.
Since people who haven't "flaked" have been waiting for a build to take place this practice prolongs the process.
Quote "this forum is littered w/stories of reservation holders who never flaked and still got screwed" also proves this point.

Now, if the dealership does decide to keep their word and sell the vehicle at MSRP then we have a little redemption story and a better chance at retaining a customer for future sales. Either way I'm just sharing another Bronco\Ford experince.

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I understand correctly, the COVP should kick any unscheduled builds like this out of the system. (At least in theory) Every time this happens it just prolongs the misery for legitimate buyers who are anxiously waiting.

OP
OP
SurroundedByPotholes

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I understand correctly, the COVP should kick any unscheduled builds like this out of the system. (At least in theory) Every time this happens it just prolongs the misery for legitimate buyers who are anxiously waiting.
This is the point I am trying to make.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to cancel
They didnt
When it rolls to 2023 we will discuss forging my name and documents to roll to 2023

i won’t back down
Sponsored