Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Each individual widget that you are adding.

"The system" is probably Ford's ancient database that just needs a few Fields added here and there.
Also allow the B & P to timeout if your build hits the GVWR. Freeze the unselected options and allow you to toggle through to find what works for you-not Ford
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These top leaking rumors are getting annoying. It was a screen grab of a conversation with some random person and we all acting like it is confirmed. I think we all need to take a shot of something heavy and CALM DOWN!

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Such crap. Even the Bronco Sport has a fully plastic cargo area, including seat backs.
I think he was asked about the possibility of the Bronco Sport plastic cargo area as an option to cover the carpet and he said "It's not so simple and even little changes like that can affect the crash test ratings and then either Esteban or I lost interest and faded out.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be a little slow here, but if the B&P accessories ect come out in March, how do we B&P for the orders in January?

I feel like I'm missing something major here.
The accessories don't come on your Bronco from the factory. They are ordered by the dealer and installed by the dealer.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this coming. Too many people on here thought the B&P was the holy grail. It's just a basic tool, not an public detailed order book.
Yep, sure you did, hindsight is 20/20 for me also.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Off topic. Are you in a position to know why McDonalds' Coke tastes so much better than any other fountain Coke? Do they get their own formula?
McDonald's runs the syrup through a chiller so it cold. Order one without ice.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Order the tow package at parts. They specifically cut off that section at the end of the video due to legality reasons
That seems very reasonable on a $65k FE. For “legal” reasons Ford can’t put the tow package on for you - but good news, you can end around and DYI! Perfectly safe - we just can’t say it (psst it’s for legal reasons)!

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 984F392E-B967-4B5C-9CDA-D9D11C0A1AE1

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are already known issues when building a BL but the FE has all of it as a model so like rock rails, bash plates, sasquatch, hard top, liners, etc it's all added weight. Throw on the 2.7 and A10 which are heavier.
This does make sense. I guess I am still questioning the roof rack issue with the 4dr SAS (there is MORE than one accessory that this could be an issue with and I am just using roof rack as an example). Obviously this is a bolt on weight that is causing some issues with their GVWR bottom line.
SO why is it going to be ok in MY22? What are they changing? Are they shaving some weight off the bumper, so it is something cosmetic? Something structural/suspension that will allow the miraculous installation of roof racks? If structural/suspension is getting changed for MY22 that is something I want to know about.

IF no change. Cool. I can bolt on those damn things myself ( I totally understand some folks may not be inclined to do this and want to have dealer do it so still an issue).

Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some main takeaways:
  • Build & Price update coming in March 2021
  • Entire price list will be published in January
  • Slide out tailgate takes away your on vehicle door storage
  • All First Editions will be 2021 model year, unless a late availability top is chosen
  • Backs of the seats will be changed for future model years
  • Tow package on the First Edition only comes on the 2-Door model
  • Dealers will be compensated based on conversion of existing orders with the original person who ordered
I bet you a hundred dollars that this "Marketing Director" guy has never really thought this process through. So far we've been told that the ordering process must be completed in February but the Build and Price feature won't be available with current information until March. Does this sound intelligent? I think not.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but I did NOT hear him confirm that. I heard him vaguely allude to looking into it but not actually say they will change it... If you can find the part in the video where he confirms the future change I'd love to rewatch it because I would be very excited for that
I am NOT watching that crap again for you, man! :LOL: :LOL:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Off topic. Are you in a position to know why McDonalds' Coke tastes so much better than any other fountain Coke? Do they get their own formula?
It is the fries, they put some special shit in them fries.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm failing to see how you made that jump from the a51 concept (mic) with blocked windows, to the black hard top not having removable windows. Can you elaborate?
I'm likely just expecting the worst. But the 27 minute mark, it wasn't terribly clear. And I realize the overland concept had the hard panels instead of windows in his example. But he summarized that the 2-dr hard top won't have removable windows. Which we know that none of the MIC tops accommodate such functionality, but this whole botched roll-out is expecting the worst and my mind is thinking that perhaps the 2-dr mod top won't have removable windows. Perhaps they are too large compared to the 4-dr? Perhaps, I'm just snake-bitten from Ford's rollout?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone. Calm Down...
The most important news in this long video is VERY GOOD NEWS:

Dealers will be compensated based on conversion of existing orders. That means we all have leverage with both the price and with the customer service.
NO!

That's terrible news! That means that all a big, slimy Stealership needs is to compensate with a really high ADM! Good news would be the dealerships being penalized for not delivering to the reservation holders.

Get ready to bend over and take whatever price they want at those high gross shops and all of the dealer add-ons they want to put on or... lose your Bronco. That's going to happen to a lot of first day reservation holders.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager CToJzvhONI6A0
Sponsored