Sponsored

BulletTheBronco is ready for Moab... tips?

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm stopping in Grand Junction the night of the 27th and hitting CO National Monument the morning of the 28th and heading to moab that afternoon. I'll probably do a short hike when I get in, possibly Corona Arch. Is RMNP pretty accessible this time of year? Thought about stopping there on my way home.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm stopping in Grand Junction the night of the 27th and hitting CO National Monument the morning of the 28th and heading to moab that afternoon. I'll probably do a short hike when I get in, possibly Corona Arch. Is RMNP pretty accessible this time of year? Thought about stopping there on my way home.
It can be. We have only been once and it was the 2nd week of June. Temps were a record high hitting nearly 100 when we were there and we had several good hikes. There is a ton of wildlife to see so Iā€™d say go for it and see what you can if you have time. Sheep Lake area is one of my favorites. Lots of Elk, Mule Deer, Moose, Big Horn, etc. Iā€™m a photographer as well so that is one of my favorite areas to see and get some great shots in.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any more must haves or tips before we go?
You didn't mention recovery gear. I'll assume that was implied. Kinetic recovery rope, tow strap, soft shackles. Air compressor. Maybe a shovel. Moab doesn't really apply here, but I take loppers to trim back any brush/tree overgrowth I might encounter.

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You didn't mention recovery gear. I'll assume that was implied. Kinetic recovery rope, tow strap, soft shackles. Air compressor. Maybe a shovel. Moab doesn't really apply here, but I take loppers to trim back any brush/tree overgrowth I might encounter.
Yes I have all that and then some on top of it just figured that would make for too long of a post. Using my packout system for my tools and recovery gear. Any spare parts you recommend besides a tie rod setup?

Sponsored

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Elephant Hill is my favorite trail. Make sure you reserve ahead of time they only allow a very small number of rigs per day.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I have all that and then some on top of it just figured that would make for too long of a post. Using my packout system for my tools and recovery gear. Any spare parts you recommend besides a tie rod setup?
I should have mentioned a tire plug kit. Haven't needed one yet, but I figure that's the most likely thing that might need to be used.

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Elephant Hill is my favorite trail. Make sure you reserve ahead of time they only allow a very small number of rigs per day.
Canyonlands didnā€™t show it was on the timed entry system. Is there some other way you reserve it? I have the ones for Arches

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure how you reserve it since we always went with an organized group but I do know the number of rigs is really restricted.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be a good idea to have another vehicle with you.
Always! For anyone on FB, there's a group "Moab Friends for Wheeling" that you can more than likely find someone to go with if all else fails. Probably gonna be a Heep though. šŸ˜

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay on the marked trails. Moab isnā€™t like Sand Hollow where one can drive about anywhere. If you new, try Fins and Things and Top of the World which is a bit harder.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your rig looks good, I was out there in September with a basically stock Saquatch Badlands and had no issues with Finns and things and Hell's revenge. We got a guide from Outlaw Adventures and it was totally worth it!
Sponsored