First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I started off-roading 35 years ago and still go to many of the same place I went then.... didn't need a $2000 bumper then, don't need it now.

All you guys that think you can substitute money for practice and still is laughable.

Reese makes a "tactical" 2-inch receiver... that's just fucking stupid.
Advertisement

TNcoupe

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N, 1970 Bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of great ones and if I was getting a winch Id be all in on the JCR, but at the end of the day I think ford actually did a good job with the mod bumper- put the right lights on it and it looks badass.

Every capable bumper should be burned...imo
Main reason I ordered a BAMF. Got pushed to 2022 and the capable bumper on the Badlands. By the time I got the mod bumper and winch mount I could buy aftermarket that looks better.

OP
OP
rllw

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Awesome vid. Thanks. Wish he would have given more love to the 4WP bumper though bc I frign love my 4WD bumpers.

Features:

1. Super stout.

2. Work with park sensors, though mine aren't hooked up bc hate/dont need the beep.

3. Great design on both ends. Front doesn't stick out too much which is crucial when coming down a steep incline + the sides taper off which is also great for the same reason.

4. Works with D shackles.

5. Doesn't cover the front vent motorized vent flaps that auto adjust 14 diff positions depending on outdoor temps.

6. Works with factory skid plate. I still have and use my factory skid bc the 4WP version is no good (huge gap!).

7. Winch (smittybilt XRC) is super secure with the pre-runner bar and protected from trail rash.

8. Integrated light ports front and rear (riged on mine).

9. Kentrol front plate holder easy install. Looks good.

10. Rear bump works with 37 inch tire AND tow hitch...which I dont have yet.

11. Doesn't look like a right angled block. Smooth edges and it curls nicely in rear on the sides.

12. You can buy it now vs a lot of SEMA products which I can't stand being a member of SEMA, which is many products advertised ARE NOT AVAILABLE!! This hurt my company in years past btw. One product at SEMA 2017 was epic, my company ran with it, but it didn't finally make it to market until 2019!! Bullshit. SEMA should have a 90 day window after SEMA that if your product won't be available and no pricing 90 days after SEMA ends...you can't display your products at SEMA and need to wait until the following year.

12. I think the ONLY downsides are (1) with winch added, it blocks the "Bronco" badge on front grille. Not a deal breaker for me. And (2) with winch it likely blocks from camera--but I don't have that feature so it doesn't matter to me and when I did have that feature on my 2012 raptor...I used it maybe once but do see it's value when cresting or summiting while offroad BUT not a requirement to proceed forwards if you know what you are doing.

Again, I couldn't be happier. See both pics of my set up. PS-on the rear bumper you will have to shave off some of the plastic wheel well fender on both sides for best fit bc some have had alignment/fitment issues here at install.

20211025_125123.jpg

20211029_114354.jpg
Looks great!

USASAIL

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Porsche 911 Targa
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I'd love to see a list like this for roof racks too if anyone is so inclined. Solid Work!!!

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Badlands

MTNLUV

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Bronco
Outer Banks

peterh

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Bronco
Undecided
Clubs

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘21 Bronco Sport, '21 FE
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks! Expedition One has a 20-24 week lead time :oops:

Reactions: R11

Bird Dog Overland

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

There is also another thread that covers winch mounted bumper options that has good information. I ordered the JCR winch plate that mounts to the factory bumper and is compatible with the soon to be released camera relocation kit. A great alternative at half the cost of a complete new bumper.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be great to have a list of manufactures who have inventory ready to go instead of the 12-16 week lead time my bumpers had. 4 more weeks and I'll be at 16 weeks. Hopefully I timed it just right as my Bronco went into production this week. Addictive Desert Designs Stealth front and rear. My lights came in weeks ago.

cltshadow

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma
Bronco
Badlands
Awesome list! I wonder if something like this could also be done for roof lights/light bars as well as wheels, that’d be super helpful

R11

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bronco
Base
Nice work! - I had a ton of bookmarks all over the place so this is worlds better.

Will try to remember to revisit with a pic once I take delivery of my (crazy randomly won) free bumper from Fab Fours. 😎

OP
OP
rllw

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Bronco
Badlands
It would be great to have a list of manufactures who have inventory ready to go instead of the 12-16 week lead time my bumpers had. 4 more weeks and I'll be at 16 weeks. Hopefully I timed it just right as my Bronco went into production this week. Addictive Desert Designs Stealth front and rear. My lights came in weeks ago.
I tried to break down the list into manufactures with developed products vs. not. I dont have a good mechanism to track inventory or lead times unfortunately.

Advertisement

Advertisement