HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I got the RC and used the included plate relo bracket to put it back stock.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20231229_143212

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20231229_143212
Man! How is the quality of the bumper? They look like the others but 1/2 to 3/4 the price? I like their products, have always had good luck with them....

That is pretty trick what you did with the plate relo... Did you have to fab anything to do that or ?

Appreciate the reply!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man! How is the quality of the bumper? They look like the others but 1/2 to 3/4 the price? I like their products, have always had good luck with them....

That is pretty trick what you did with the plate relo... Did you have to fab anything to do that or ?

Appreciate the reply!
I absolutely love the RC bumper. I had no interest in aftermarket bumpers until I saw this one. Most plate bumpers are either too like the factory plastic or just freaky and most tube are too minimalist. This one is just right. Material is heavy, welds look real good and coating is uniform and seems tough. I took the spare tire relo bracket, straighten out the mounting tabs and bolted to the trim piece (drilled two holes) on the RC bumper. If I decide I want to use as a spare mount later I can bend back and tack weld the tabs to their original location.

Side note: I found the matching front from a company called Black Horse through Amazon or Real Truck, $700.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pics

20240101_142500.jpg

20231229_143212.jpg

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love the RC bumper. I had no interest in aftermarket bumpers until I saw this one. Most plate bumpers are either too like the factory plastic or just freaky and most tube are too minimalist. This one is just right. Material is heavy, welds look real good and coating is uniform and seems tough. I took the spare tire relo bracket, straighten out the mounting tabs and bolted to the trim piece (drilled two holes) on the RC bumper. If I decide I want to use as a spare mount later I can bend back and tack weld the tabs to their original location.

Side note: I found the matching front from a company called Black Horse through Amazon or Real Truck, $700.
Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will a 35” tire clear bottom you think?

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished my install.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20240106_141805

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Rear Bumpers 20240106_141805
Looks good, way more substantial than the factory! I like your tailgate brace better than my Rough Country one, the slats in my RC are a PITA to clean between

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks good, way more substantial than the factory! I like your tailgate brace better than my Rough Country one, the slats in my RC are a PITA to clean between
Thanks. The Hammerbuilt has been really good. Also have mounting bracket if I need to use it for rotopax in future. Didn't like all the stainless hardware so purchased black stainless bolts to replace.

Sponsored

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like the RC tubular rear bumper im considering it.
Mine is actually the "Barricade" version of the RC bumper. There are numerous versions of the same bumper...Barricade, Extreme Terrain, etc.. I like the looks, the mounting/attachment design and location of the recovery points however I would not call it a heavy duty bumper...medium duty at best. In comparison, the plate on my BAMF front bumper is double the thickness of the Barricade bumper. The biggest reason I went with it is that it's the only bumper I could find that was a close match to my front BAMF bumper.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is actually the "Barricade" version of the RC bumper. There are numerous versions of the same bumper...Barricade, Extreme Terrain, etc.. I like the looks, the mounting/attachment design and location of the recovery points however I would not call it a heavy duty bumper...medium duty at best. In comparison, the plate on my BAMF front bumper is double the thickness of the Barricade bumper. The biggest reason I went with it is that it's the only bumper I could find that was a close match to my front BAMF bumper.
To add to @PWillette said: I have no other experience with aftermarket bumpers so I'll defer to the medium duty rating. The tow mounts attach directly to the heavy frame mounts and there is a frame insert to provide attachment in two directions. The center section is plate only, to clear the tire, and may be lighter than others. There are trim pieces below the taillights and around the shackle mounts that are steel, a good thing, they could have cheaped out for plastic. The matching front from Black Horse has tubing clear across top and bottom so probably stronger, but is called by the seller 'Light Duty' due to the lack of a winch mount. This front also comes with frame reinforcement much like LOD and @Tricky Mike use for winch mounting.

Side Note: I had assumed the stock plastic bumpers where like a steel I beam wrapped in a plastic facia...no they're just plastic, probably 10 lbs, so anything is better than those!

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The matching front from Black Horse has tubing clear across top and bottom so probably stronger, but is called by the seller 'Light Duty' due to the lack of a winch mount. This front also comes with frame reinforcement much like LOD and @Tricky Mike use for winch mounting.
It's nice to see bumper builders catching on. I stopped selling mine, I can't offer them at a fair price and still be profitable anymore.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's nice to see bumper builders catching on. I stopped selling mine, I can't offer them at a fair price and still be profitable anymore.
You put a lot of thought and extra goodness into your's. Black Horse's are essentially two chunks of angle iron with a single through bolt, no internal stiffener and no captive nut, but better than nothing.
Sponsored