Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brought my Bronco to the dealer for its first inspection and to get a couple things checked out. The c-pillar seems to be rattling near the roof and they can’t find the reason why. They put some foam in it and gave me the speil “well this is an SUV…” (come on you really think EVERY Bronco on your lot makes that noise?). Other bizarre thing after taking delivery of my Bronco there was a 17mm bolt lying in the drivers footwell. They also didn’t find where that belongs. What is my best bet here? If it wasn’t so consistent it wouldn’t bother me but every time I take it over 55mph I hear it consistently.
Sponsored

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious if you ever figured anything out with your C Pillar noise?

I have a rattle on the passenger side near the C pillar. It only happens at ~ 50+ MPH and seems to be related to the Hard Top. It's near where the bracket connects to the Hard Top.

I do not think it is the bracket connection to the Bronco where it it is bolted down, but possibly could be where the bracket connects to the hard top itself. Not sure. Investigating.

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if you ever figured anything out with your C Pillar noise?

I have a rattle on the passenger side near the C pillar. It only happens at ~ 50+ MPH and seems to be related to the Hard Top. It's near where the bracket connects to the Hard Top.

I do not think it is the bracket connection to the Bronco where it it is bolted down, but possibly could be where the bracket connects to the hard top itself. Not sure. Investigating.
Have not had the chance to take off the top yet as I use the roof racks for hauling sailing equipment. Planning on taking them off along with the mid panel in the near future to investigate. I doubt the dealer I took it to bothered to investigate it that much. Honestly besides the cheap interior materials & lack of adaptive cruise (albeit I didn’t option that) this is my main gripe with the truck.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took roof rack off. Took the front two panels and mid panel off. Looked around and could not figure anything out. So I put everything back together except the roof rack and drove around. And there was no rattle. So now I’m wondering if it’s the roof rack itself. Investigating further.
Sponsored