Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,
I just got my soft top Bronco last week and thus far I'm loving it. The only issue I'm running into is a whistle from the wind coming from the soft top at speeds over 55 MPH. I know that I signed up for more noise in general with the soft top, but I'm hearing a high pitched wind whistle from somewhere near the drivers seat. I didn't hear it when I drove the car home or the first several days until when I actually put the top all the way back, so I'm sure that it's just user error where I did something wrong when I was putting it back up. Anyone have any similar situations?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd first open and close it again and if you had it all the way down (which I have yet to do) make sure it's latched in the center somewhere over the B pillar. I'm sure it's just some adjustment issue, you could try play with the mounting hardware yourself or have the dealer look at it.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Out of curiosity, is your passenger side soft top seal a good bit tighter than the driver side? I think I've been having the exact same issue as you. I can't seem to figure it out, but the seals are definitely looser on that side. I notice it especially if its a little more wind and its only that side.

I brought it to a dealer and was unimpressed. Basically said "soft tops have wind noise, what do you want us to do about it". But I know it isn't right. I think the alignment may be off, I'm just really not handy at all, so I've been unsure of what to do.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only time I’ve heard a whistle is when there were serious cross winds, like two-hands-on-the-wheel cross winds.

As Daktari mentioned, something probably needs to be adjusted. The problem is, stuff like that is notoriously hard to trace! 😖

jp9901

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford bronco black diamond, 02 dodge dakota slt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine had some whistle when I did my first drive, but the dealer seemed to fix it somehow during their inspection to send me off. I did notice that many of the hinges on mine are very tight and the sealing was not that best. I switched to a bestop and it appears to have much better sealing.

Might just go in and make sure everything is lined up good and that all your joints are locked in on the top. Seemed to help but that top is pretty loud in general.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco has the whistle. I thought it came standard on all trims.

2-door (hard-top) basic electronics.

Feels like it is coming from the passenger mirror but some said it was from the hood.

You telling me there is a fix? I thought it was part of the charm.
Sponsored