Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S, 20 Subaru Crosstrek, 21 Jeep JT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats, man. good to see CA starting to get to get builds in. I'm in SJ and mine will likely arrive March-Apr 2022 :cry:
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome!! Glad to hear you are liking the 2.3!!I thought you can buy extended warranty through Ford just before the factory warranty is done? I did that with our leased f150, but maybe that’s because it was leased.
You can always buy an extended warranty.

Didn’t read the thread yet, but wanted to respond to this.
You can, but the warranty keeps getting more expensive the further out you get from original purchase and mileage (iirc).
This is very suspect to me, sounds like an F&I salesman's pitch. The extended warranty kicks in when the factory warranty is over. It should never be cheaper now than it will be right before the factory warranty expires (any price difference would be inflation during the 5 year period), especially on a newly introduced model where they don't have a history of warranty claims to properly price the policy so they generally price it at worst case scenario.

That said, I've always thought extended warranties are a wait of money. They have a large built in profit over what the expected claims are on your vehicle so you're almost always better off just paying for repairs as they come. There are of course rare exceptions (e.g. Doug DeMuro's famous carmax bumper to bumper warranty on the land rover that they no longer offer), but a general rule of thumb is that if you come out ahead on an extended warranty you would have been better off not owning the vehicle in the first place.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base

This is very suspect to me, sounds like an F&I salesman's pitch. The extended warranty kicks in when the factory warranty is over. It should never be cheaper now than it will be right before the factory warranty expires (any price difference would be inflation during the 5 year period), especially on a newly introduced model where they don't have a history of warranty claims to properly price the policy so they generally price it at worst case scenario.

That said, I've always thought extended warranties are a wait of money. They have a large built in profit over what the expected claims are on your vehicle so you're almost always better off just paying for repairs as they come. There are of course rare exceptions (e.g. Doug DeMuro's famous carmax bumper to bumper warranty on the land rover that they no longer offer), but a general rule of thumb is that if you come out ahead on an extended warranty you would have been better off not owning the vehicle in the first place.
There is a very slight discount to buy it within the first 12 mos or 12,000 miles, but it's not much. Check out Flood Ford ESP or Zeiglerford esp . They are way cheaper than the dealer will try to charge you. A lot of people get these quotes and get them matched. Crazy the markup on these things!! Below is a Flood quote on an extra care Ford Protect ESP.

Attachments

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flood Ford ESP Ranger new 10 miles on odometer

Flood Ford ESP 2019 Ranger 25,000 miles

On my phone, if I linked it correctly, the cost of these examples is a 2021 Ranger with 10 miles vs 2019 Ranger with 25,000 miles. 0 deductible, 5 years (from new) 100,000 miles is $100 difference.

I’m no insurance salesman or even remotely in the field. It’s just what I see when I play with the calculations.

edit: my quotes were for Illinois. I’m sure these adjust to region or state.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Olym435

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrat!! Enjoy your new Bronco.
Now, it has reached west coast; I hope it will soon come across the Pacific ocean. Ford hasn't committed any date when they would make it available on the other side of the globe, though.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a very slight discount to buy it within the first 12 mos or 12,000 miles, but it's not much. Check out Flood Ford ESP or Zeiglerford esp . They are way cheaper than the dealer will try to charge you. A lot of people get these quotes and get them matched. Crazy the markup on these things!! Below is a Flood quote on an extra care Ford Protect ESP.
Flood Ford ESP Ranger new 10 miles on odometer

Flood Ford ESP 2019 Ranger 25,000 miles

On my phone, if I linked it correctly, the cost of these examples is a 2021 Ranger with 10 miles vs 2019 Ranger with 25,000 miles. 0 deductible, 5 years (from new) 100,000 miles is $100 difference.

I’m no insurance salesman or even remotely in the field. It’s just what I see when I play with the calculations.

edit: my quotes were for Illinois. I’m sure these adjust to region or state.
When I click on either link I don't see anything for 10 miles or 25,000 miles. I simply see charts that show the number of miles and years the coverage would be. For example, if purchased today the 2019 Ranger an extended warranty that would cover 150,000 miles and 8 years from the date of purchase (original retail date and 0 miles) costs $3765. For the 2021 Ranger, if purchased today the same coverage would cost 3665.

I'm not sure that shows what you think it shows. I think your belief is that the 2019 extended warranty would have cost $3665 in 2019 when new so you're saying you think it went up $100? The charts don't actually reflect that because there would be model year equipment differences and other differences, but If that's what you're trying to say and we assume nothing changed from 2019 to 2021, then you're falling for a basic financial mistake of ignoring the time value of money and opportunity cost. Below is what I'm talking about:

Suppose I bought the Ranger in June 2019, but I decided to tell the F&I guy to F off and didn't buy the extended warranty. Instead I took that $3,665 I'm saving and bought the S&P 500 index ETF instead. In June 2021 that $3,665 would have been worth $5,384.87, for a profit of $1,719. If I wanted to now buy that extended warranty today for $3,675, the $100 alleged difference you're talking about means my net worth went up $1,619 because I waited to buy the extended warranty instead of buying it at the time of purchase of the vehicle. So instead of supposed savings of $100 by buying the extended warranty early, I would have cost myself $1,619 and that's only only over that two year period. Thanks to the magic of compounding that $1,619 would compound over time to end up being a significant sum by the time I retire.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I click on either link I don't see anything for 10 miles or 25,000 miles. I simply see charts that show the number of miles and years the coverage would be. For example, if purchased today the 2019 Ranger an extended warranty that would cover 150,000 miles and 8 years from the date of purchase (original retail date and 0 miles) costs $3765. For the 2021 Ranger, if purchased today the same coverage would cost 3665.

I'm not sure that shows what you think it shows. I think your belief is that the 2019 extended warranty would have cost $3665 in 2019 when new so you're saying you think it went up $100? The charts don't actually reflect that because there would be model year equipment differences and other differences, but If that's what you're trying to say and we assume nothing changed from 2019 to 2021, then you're falling for a basic financial mistake of ignoring the time value of money and opportunity cost. Below is what I'm talking about:

Suppose I bought the Ranger in June 2019, but I decided to tell the F&I guy to F off and didn't buy the extended warranty. Instead I took that $3,665 I'm saving and bought the S&P 500 index ETF instead. In June 2021 that $3,665 would have been worth $5,384.87, for a profit of $1,719. If I wanted to now buy that extended warranty today for $3,675, the $100 alleged difference you're talking about means my net worth went up $1,619 because I waited to buy the extended warranty instead of buying it at the time of purchase of the vehicle. So instead of supposed savings of $100 by buying the extended warranty early, I would have cost myself $1,619 and that's only only over that two year period. Thanks to the magic of compounding that $1,619 would compound over time to end up being a significant sum by the time I retire.
Those were the parameters I used to get the 2 charts. One showing what it would be buying the ESP right now for a 2021 Ranger I just purchased.
The other for a 2019 that I purchased new, but waited until right now to get the ESP. That’s it. No silver bullet, no assumption of S&P500 performance, simply just 2 scenarios in today’s snapshot of time.

it’s not my website, I simply entered the only info it asked for. Go try it out, you’ll see.

I’m not selling a product, I’m simply showing where I’d go, if I were to be interested in the warranty like some are interested in.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
terrific, I also have a base ordered, 2dr, manual, mod bumper, roof rack. Been thinking about adding the aux switches but your report that the wiring is already there convinces me to pass on the switches. thanks, enjoy

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base camp in the house! :love: That's good news about the aux switch wiring! Did you happen to verify the relays for the switches are present in the engine bay fuse box?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, didn't know about the wiring. That's great news as I cheaped out and did t get the aux switches.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations, bummed you were the first in the bay area, I was hoping to be first but im guessing mine will be in tomorrow, also base. Hope you guys enjoy it, let me know if you guys find any good trail spots

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The pictures were you both are standing in front of the Bronco a red reflection is being cast on the Bronco letters in grill. In the other pictures, I can barely see these letters. I do think Red letters, would look good on that color Bronco, but that is just my opinion. Happy for you guys!
I noticed that too and think red letters would look legit!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base camp in the house! :love: That's good news about the aux switch wiring! Did you happen to verify the relays for the switches are present in the engine bay fuse box?
When I added them to my super duty the relay block and relays came with the switches. Just plugged them in and put two bolts in they were located under the dash on my year model driver’s side.
Sponsored