Sponsored

Can "A" employee pricing plan be used retroactive?

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased Big Betty a month ago. Dealer called on day 29 asking for the PIN for my A plan. I told him that I ended up not using the A plan and asked whether it would be applied retroactively. He said yes, they'd just send me the check. Has anyone heard of this?
Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is not how the program works.
The dealer invoice is not the dealer's cost. There is some you-owe-us and we-owe-you charges that determine the final true dealer cost. On A/Z Plan and X Plan, Ford gives the dealer a "commission" credit to make up for the discount. No money exchanges hands.

Ford does not pay out money to retail customers on sales transactions. Period. Never happens.

If you are due a discount or rebate, and didn't get it, the dealer is the one who is supposed to shell out the money to you. Or revise your financing agreement.

To me, this seems like a shady solicitation. They are supposed to have the PIN within 24 hours of the sale (financing paperwork processed). It could be a bureaucratic loophole they are trying to exploit. But 30 days after the sale???

Call Ford A-Plan customer service (800-348-7709) and ask them how you are allowed to proceed.

Soliciting for, selling, or "buying" PINs is explicitly forbidden by the program. EVERYONE personally involved gets barred from ALL Ford programs, and are subject to legal action, and generally treated as a PNG by Ford (think warranty claims, future discounts, points, ...)

OP
OP
BigBetty

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer invoice is not the dealer's cost. There is some you-owe-us and we-owe-you charges that determine the final true dealer cost. On A/Z Plan and X Plan, Ford gives the dealer a "commission" credit to make up for the discount. No money exchanges hands.

Ford does not pay out money to retail customers on sales transactions. Period. Never happens.

If you are due a discount or rebate, and didn't get it, the dealer is the one who is supposed to shell out the money to you. Or revise your financing agreement.

To me, this seems like a shady solicitation. They are supposed to have the PIN within 24 hours of the sale (financing paperwork processed). It could be a bureaucratic loophole they are trying to exploit. But 30 days after the sale???

Call Ford A-Plan customer service (800-348-7709) and ask them how you are allowed to proceed.

Soliciting for, selling, or "buying" PINs is explicitly forbidden by the program. EVERYONE personally involved gets barred from ALL Ford programs, and are subject to legal action, and generally treated as a PNG by Ford (think warranty claims, future discounts, points, ...)
I'm not surprised that it's a scam. They were kinda scammy. But he knows that I work in law enforcement so I'm somewhat surprised.

OP
OP
BigBetty

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure whether it changes their ability to manipulate the system, but I brought my own financing.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not surprised that it's a scam. They were kinda scammy. But he knows that I work in law enforcement so I'm somewhat surprised.
It’s not illegal, just against ford’s agreement with the dealer.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Ford retiree that has done 25+ A/X/Z purchases for myself and others, I’m going to say probably not. Never had that question before, but I really doubt that would happen.
Sponsored