Sponsored

Employee pricing and flip for sales manager?

emoty-c

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I finally received my 4dr BL after waiting 18 months for a bronco. A friend is married to a Ford salesman and she was told me they bought BL on employee pricing , flipped it in 24 hours for 12k. Kinda pissed me off really - is this a common perk ? I would have thought Ford would screen for their own sales force flipping them in a day.
Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's an unnamed dealer by me that had all of their employees place reservations for a similar scenario... albeit a bit more shady with the accounting end of things.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any vehicle purchased using A/X/Z/D plan pricing (with a PIN) are required to be titled in the purchasers name for a minimum of 6 months. If the dealer sold it at employee pricing, but didn't treat it as an actual A/X/Z/D plan sale, the person can do with it as they wish. Ford audits all true plan priced sales.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind every dealer is independent from Ford Motor Company. So when you say Ford Salesman that sounds like to me a sales person from a dealership who doesn’t work for Ford Motor Company.

To my knowledge (And I could be wrong), anytime you hear A-X plan it is generated from a Ford Motor Company employee, not a dealership employee.

Assuming dealerships have their own employee pricing and sounds like they went around the slap on the wrist from Ford Motor Company this way.

Not saying it’s right at all, just sounds like the dealers were being well, dealers and figured out a good way to make some quick cash before being caught.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally received my 4dr BL after waiting 18 months for a bronco. A friend is married to a Ford salesman and she was told me they bought BL on employee pricing , flipped it in 24 hours for 12k. Kinda pissed me off really - is this a common perk ? I would have thought Ford would screen for their own sales force flipping them in a day.
Wait, wut, are you suggesting that a dealer did something shady?

Just ask Ben Hardy about his First Edition Bronco... He's flipping cars for his local dealership all the f'ing time. Usually the most desirable ones, he "buys" it, reviews it, and sells it back to the dealership so they can charge that SWEET ADM on a low mileage "it's just like new bro" used car.

Such a flippin' scam... Ford knows, but @Ford Motor Company doesn't care. Allocation is king, peasants can wait.

runducoff

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Employee pricing programs offered by car manufacturers can vary in their terms and conditions. Typically, these programs are designed to provide discounted pricing to employees of the company as a perk or benefit. The intention is to reward employees and promote brand loyalty. However, the specific details of these programs, including any restrictions on reselling vehicles, can vary between different manufacturers and dealerships.
It's possible that some individuals may take advantage of employee pricing programs by purchasing vehicles at a discounted rate and then quickly reselling them for a higher price to make a profit. While this practice may not be illegal, it can be seen as ethically questionable and may go against the spirit of the employee pricing program.
To address concerns like this, car manufacturers may have policies and procedures in place to prevent or discourage employees from flipping vehicles for a quick profit. However, the effectiveness of such measures can vary, and it's difficult to completely eliminate these practices.
If you have concerns about the situation you mentioned, it may be worth reaching out to Ford directly to inquire about their employee pricing policies and any measures they have in place to address potential vehicle flipping. They should be able to provide you with more specific information and address your concerns.
It's also important to keep in mind that car buying and selling practices can vary, and not all employees or dealerships engage in such activities. Many employees take advantage of employee pricing programs to purchase vehicles for personal use, as intended.
Sponsored