indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the advice! You can get virtually anywhere you need to with just a rear locker and clearance. Anything beyond those capabilities is horsing around and showing off for fun. šŸ˜
Or even without a rear locker in many cases. (Sig photo is my open diff red CJ-7 at Moab.) 10 years driving that vehicle all over Colorado up and down mountain trails without lockers. I'll be interested to see how well the Bronco performs without a locker, given the front articulation might be less.

The current OEM arms race of off-road gear in my opinion is kind of over the top for a lot of usage. Sas diff locks, sway bar disconnects, and other items ... stuff people back in the day would install for serious off-road use, are now an everyday item on vehicles that might not ever see a trail.
Sponsored

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the zombie apocalypse hits, you will be glad you had lockers to crawl thru the gore. Finding gas on the other hand, will be the challenge.

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for the heck of it, I went out to kbb.com to see hypothetically what my new 2023 4 Door Bandlands would be worth if I needed to sell it for some reason. I have not taken delivery yet (supposed to be delivered next week). The MSRP is $60k. According to kbb.com, Private Party resale in "Good" condition with 10 miles is showing $68k. Excellent condition is over $70k Private Party. Wow! I have half the nerve to try and sell it and maybe make several thousand dollars, and just place another order. I would if I didn't have to pay nearly $6k in taxes (10% of MSRP)! Yikes!
Iā€™m thinking the same thing, still seeing crazy prices used and some ADM at 10k for Badlands, unless Iā€™m totally blown away when it arrives I may just flip it and cross my fingers the manual comes back for 24 and Iā€™ll just order another one.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If knuckleheads would stop paying stupid prices, maybe the market will cool off. Personally I would keep shopping and offer a bargain-basement offer (say, $2-3k UNDER) on each one you find and see if they call you back in 2-4 weeks to accept. It's a sellers market, so you have to be savvy to get a deal.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There isnā€™t a dealer within 100 miles of me that is selling a new Bronco at sticker unless it was a reservation/ order. Every abandoned order or stick order is at a minimum $5K over sticker. Looking on line Carvana seems to have the most reasonable prices for their used zBronco inventory. Car Max is insanely over priced.
Sponsored