Sponsored

Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Title. Trying to stay as stock looking as possible, but have been doing some night trail driving and I'm in obvious need of more lighting.

Editing to add a pic of the antenna bracket I'm working with. Will need a ditch light bracket that uses the factory-tapped screw holes so that I can put the LED bracket on top of my already installed antenna bracket.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? IMG_3985
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So why ditch lights at all? What's the advantage over fog lights or lights in the bumper?

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think they're a site sponsor?

Looking at the '2 banger' options on this page, specifically.

https://www.morimotohid.com/lighting/4banger

Edit: or the 1 even...that's the least pro you could go?

Edit2: They're not a site sponsor, but one does often run specials on their products.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the SS3 diode dynamics pointed forward and the SS2s as ditch lights mounted to the SS3s lol. Only because I had them.

SS1s would be really small and what I would have chosen for ditch duty. Diode Dynamics is impressive with their lens tech.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So why ditch lights at all? What's the advantage over fog lights or lights in the bumper?
I have factory fogs. Lighting ahead of me could be improved, but was fine. But where I really had issues was on narrow switch backs down hill. My wife was literally holding a flashlight out the windows our two nights trips this past month so I could see the ditch on either side and know where to align my wheels. So I’m eager to look into both, but ditch lights seems to be a more immediate need.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Title. Trying to stay as stock looking as possible, but have been doing some night trail driving and I'm in obvious need of more lighting.
Go with the Diode Dynamics SSC2 then.

Either SSC2 Sport or SSC2 Pro. I'd do a Driving/Combo or a Spot pattern.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/diode-dynamics/

You'll also want this harness: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...arness-2x-dt-4-pin-connectors-diode-dynamics/

However the 3" pods are the most popular, and we offer them as a kit with a FREE harness: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? 317713197_558719049424909_5809567426675223172_n

We also sell the Morimoto 2Bangers, which is a 2" style light: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-2banger-led-a-pillar-system-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Or you can do the Baja Designs Kits with an S2 (that's a 2" style light also): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-kr-off-road-brackets/

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m with you. I need a similar solution, but I don’t want big 3” cubes on my cowl. I’m just not interested in it.

I would love if someone came up with a really stealth and bright rock/puddle light situation at an angle instead of straight down - that can use an aux switch.

I’ve been toying with the idea of Baja S2s on 45° angle mounts on the roof rack. Baja and Heretic also have dome light solutions, but I’m not sure they’ll be bright enough from the roof line.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m with you. I need a similar solution, but I don’t want big 3” cubes on my cowl. I’m just not interested in it.

I would love if someone came up with a really stealth and bright rock/puddle light situation at an angle instead of straight down - that can use an aux switch.

I’ve been toying with the idea of Baja S2s on 45° angle mounts on the roof rack. Baja and Heretic also have dome light solutions, but I’m not sure they’ll be bright enough from the roof line.
I spent hours researching lights for my Bronco while I was waiting for it to be built/delivered. Criteria was Quality, Lumens, light direction, compared to the cost.
Final 3 consideration were Diode Dynamics, Baja Design & Heretic. All three provide quality products. I went with DD because IMO their technology and value vs. cost was a notch above the rest. (I also like the backlight feature - Aux 5).
The 3" ditch lights (ss3's) work great and are no too big whatsoever.

Here is a comparison matrix I used that provides Lumens output comparison as I was evaluating lights, type (SAE, Sport, Pro, etc.) vs. cost:
Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? 1697547359242

Sponsored

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with Cali Raised side projecting pods (MPN: CR2332) for $110. Pretty low profile and solid light output.

1697551408988.png

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have some KC lights, but anything you put there is not going to look "stock". Doesn't matter if it's Rigid from Ford Performance, or Diode or KC or Amazon 19.99 special...

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands