Sponsored

Can I join the cool kids club now? Just picked up a 2023 Chili Pepper Red Bronco Raptor

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How does the raptor bronco compare to the raptor F150 first impression wise?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats. Do you mind sharing what "not consumed with greed" means exactly?

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How does the raptor bronco compare to the raptor F150 first impression wise?
- Bronco is a harsher ride for sure. Not a ton. Its a shorter wheel base so that's to be expected. Its not really fair because the F150 with the 37 Performance Package rides like a $150k luxury vehicle.

- F150 spools up faster and pulls harder at low RPM. VERY impressed by the Bronco's midrange grunt at highways speed (in sport mode). Its freaking quick on the interstate. The F150 struggles there. Bronco has a squat when you stomp it too so it might add to the feeling of speed haha.

- Bronco feels way smaller in comparison despite the numbers on paper. The F150 cab is gigantic and it makes an already big vehicle feel bigger. The Bronco feels small even though it isn't.

- Bronco visibility out of the back is rough. It is what it is.

- Very surprised by how quiet the Bronco was on the highway. Its way quieter than a Jeep. My GF has a 2022 2 door wrangler. Not much louder than the F150 with the panoramic sunroof.

Take all of this with a grain of salt. This is 1.5 hours of driving from the dealership home. Too exhausted to take it out on a late night spin.

Edit: I'd also like to note that I had no hard top squeaking that plagues other Bronco's. I wonder if the additional frame support helps with this. Or maybe this isnt an issue anymore.

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Congrats. Do you mind sharing what "not consumed with greed" means exactly?
Most dealers around here are asking for $35k - $40k over on a dealer allocation on the lot. I get dealers marking up cars they bought at auction. They overpaid and now they have to make a profit. It sucks but I get it. They have cash in the game. The cars that dealers are allocated shouldn't have the same markup. This dealer knew that and was reasonable enough to understand that.

Edit: I've attempted to negotiate a few and most refuse to even consider negotiation.

Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

- Bronco is a harsher ride for sure. Not a ton. Its a shorter wheel base so that's to be expected. Its not really fair because the F150 with the 37 Performance Package rides like a $150k luxury vehicle.

- F150 spools up faster and pulls harder at low RPM. VERY impressed by the Bronco's midrange grunt at highways speed (in sport mode). Its freaking quick on the interstate. The F150 struggles there. Bronco has a squat when you stomp it too so it might add to the feeling of speed haha.

- Bronco feels way smaller in comparison despite the numbers on paper. The F150 cab is gigantic and it makes an already big vehicle feel bigger. The Bronco feels small even though it isn't.

- Bronco visibility out of the back is rough. It is what it is.

- Very surprised by how quiet the Bronco was on the highway. Its way quieter than a Jeep. My GF has a 2022 2 door wrangler. Not much louder than the F150 with the panoramic sunroof.

Take all of this with a grain of salt. This is 1.5 hours of driving from the dealership home. Too exhausted to take it out on a late night spin.
Your Bronco looks awesome, and thanks for the first impression!

I'm a little worried and your thoughts have helped me. I finally got a build date for my regular bronco, and it'll be replacing my F150. I am worried I'll miss the space and utility of the truck.

This white f150 will be my trade in. I guess if my new bronco is too small, I can always drive the 94 bronco around to feel big again.
Ford Bronco Can I join the cool kids club now? Just picked up a 2023 Chili Pepper Red Bronco Raptor 20210426_164514

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Your Bronco looks awesome, and thanks for the first impression!

I'm a little worried and your thoughts have helped me. I finally got a build date for my regular bronco, and it'll be replacing my F150. I am worried I'll miss the space and utility of the truck.

This white f150 will be my trade in. I guess if my new bronco is too small, I can always drive the 94 bronco around to feel big again.
20210426_164514.jpg
First off, that bronco is sick.

Don't get me wrong, the Bronco is roomy. Definitely doesn't feel cramped. It just feels narrower than the F150 cab. I love trucks but I just don't do a lot of truck stuff anymore. If I need a truck bed I can just rent a Uhaul truck for $20. Im sure you could get some kind of system in the back of the bronco to haul 90% of the useful things you would in your truck (tools, recovery, etc). I really have enjoyed the shorter wheelbase, turn radius, shorter overall length, etc.

And most of all I can actually fit this thing into the garage to get away from hail

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most dealers around here are asking for $35k - $40k over on a dealer allocation on the lot. I get dealers marking up cars they bought at auction. They overpaid and now they have to make a profit. It sucks but I get it. They have cash in the game. The cars that dealers are allocated shouldn't have the same markup. This dealer knew that and was reasonable enough to understand that.

Edit: I've attempted to negotiate a few and most refuse to even consider negotiation.
I read this as there being a markup, just not as much of a markup.

Was this one you ordered a while back? Or a customer order that the customer bailed out on? Care to name the dealership?

Around here in Pacific NW many dealers are at least 25k over sticker even on orders a customer walked away from. Tried talking to many of them but none moved at all. Had to look outside of WA to find anything at 15k ADM or less.

In any case, congrats! I love that HPR. I'm lined up for a Black one but really would have preferred HPR. Compared to the black one I found, I'd have to pay $4k more for an HPR (options identical except HPR as $1k graphic package and then the $3k price increase due to it being post 2/9 while black was stickered before 2/9). I don't dislike the black that much.

Oh, and did you trade in the F150 Raptor or keeping both?

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I read this as there being a markup, just not as much of a markup.

Was this one you ordered a while back? Or a customer order that the customer bailed out on? Care to name the dealership?

Around here in Pacific NW many dealers are at least 25k over sticker even on orders a customer walked away from. Tried talking to many of them but none moved at all. Had to look outside of WA to find anything at 15k ADM or less.
This was a dealer allocation. Its a vehicle they ordered for themselves. The story was that they had a customer allocation show up and this Braptor rolled off the truck without them even being informed about it.

Yep, there was some markup. I wont lie and act tough like I got it under MSRP or something lol. We spent a very long time negotiating over 2 days, in person. They paid me more than I paid for my F150 but we got really close to breaking even on the trade-in and bronco. Payment went up a little but not much at all. Still have plenty of equity.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

congrats - after seeing some HPR Broncos at a recent event I attended, it's one of my favorite colors on a Bronco, and the Bronco Raptor looks absolutely stunning .. welcome to Bronco6G!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Braptors themselves don't hold a lot of draw for me, but that one , in HPR, is pretty freaking sweet!
Congrats!

I appreciate all the comparison feedback above also.

Last thing, the cool kids club is here ...
https://www.broncosportforum.com/
😉

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First edition broncos were fetching $110k initially also. Now you can find them in the 60s. Once we flush the suckers through the system prices will stabilize. I have a dealer willing to do $10k over for an allocation they claim to have but I just can’t do it with interest rates where they are now. They would do $2k over for a F150 raptor on the lot which they had two. I see an F150 raptor every time I go for a drive. The bronco raptor will be close behind next year or 2025 the latest.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford makes anywhere from 750k-1 million f150s a year and a small % becomes a Raptor

If the supply chain ever gets back to normal ford’s capacity is 150-200k broncos per year and included in this number are rangers and soon ranger raptor.

so warthog numbers will be 1/5 of f150 raptor numbers per year. I don’t see this changing anytime soon.

So warthog will be rare when compared to f150 raptor

First edition broncos were fetching $110k initially also. Now you can find them in the 60s. Once we flush the suckers through the system prices will stabilize. I have a dealer willing to do $10k over for an allocation they claim to have but I just can’t do it with interest rates where they are now. They would do $2k over for a F150 raptor on the lot which they had two. I see an F150 raptor every time I go for a drive. The bronco raptor will be close behind next year or 2025 the latest.

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford makes anywhere from 750k-1 million f150s a year and a small % becomes a Raptor

If the supply chain ever gets back to normal ford’s capacity is 150-200k broncos per year and included in this number are rangers and soon ranger raptor.

so warthog numbers will be 1/5 of f150 raptor numbers per year. I don’t see this changing anytime soon.

So warthog will be rare when compared to f150 raptor
I hope you are right. Its one of the draws for me that this is a little more of a rarity. This is the 1st vehicle I have bought with the intention of keeping in a very long time.

Id like to keep this thing in the stable for as long as I can.
Sponsored