Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cmax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default GOAT mode on start-up? I'd like to set mine up to ECO mode. Not sure HOW much difference it will make in milage, but since I'm currently averaging 18+/- I'm happy to take what I can get. (Yea, yea, I know, don't buy a Bronco if you're looking for good MPG - that's why I drove my CMax hybrid for most of the daily driving...) BUT I love the fun of driving the Bronco and would love to default to economy.

I'm doing 99.9% of my current driving on highways and local streets this winter, and it's NC where typically we get 1 sleet/snow day a year. So I don't really use any other GOAT modes so far...

Thanks in advance!

Her name is "Helen Gone": Black Diamond 2.3/manual 4-door in Cyber Orange
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want exactly the same thing and I assumed it would resume on whatever mode you last used. Not the case?

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of my gripes with all Fords. The Drive Mode/Goat Mode does not remain through a true stop/start cycle. Other vehicles do, but I feel it is ridiculous Fords do not. Really bad when you are towing, stop to get gas, start driving down the highway and notice you have not been in tow mode the last 100 miles...

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. Sadly not.
I thought it asked you when you turn it on if you want to resume with the GOAT mode that it was shut off in? I know that was posted somewhere on here before. That isn't the case??

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my gripes with all Fords. The Drive Mode/Goat Mode does not remain through a true stop/start cycle. Other vehicles do, but I feel it is ridiculous Fords do not. Really bad when you are towing, stop to get gas, start driving down the highway and notice you have not been in tow mode the last 100 miles...
My 2022 Tremor has a prompt that comes up on restart, maybe stays up for 30 seconds asking if you want to return to the last mode used. It’s handy if you remember that it comes up.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2022 Tremor has a prompt that comes up on restart, maybe stays up for 30 seconds asking if you want to return to the last mode used. It’s handy if you remember that it comes up.
Interesting, hope the Bronco has that. My 18 F-150 and 20 Explorer do not however.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Sadly not.
Mine does. If I shut it off in Eco, when I start it back up, it asks if I'd like to keep it in Eco. Hit the "ok" button on the steering wheel and that's it. Not completely automatic, but pretty close.

Edit: Ha, I see I replied a little late. Several folks have pointed this out already.:oops:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that really a common thing? Our Stinger GT resets the drive mode every start/stop cycle as well.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought it asked you when you turn it on if you want to resume with the GOAT mode that it was shut off in? I know that was posted somewhere on here before. That isn't the case??
Yes, you have to hit OK at startup every time though.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine does. If I shut it off in Eco, when I start it back up, it asks if I'd like to keep it in Eco. Hit the "ok" button on the steering wheel and that's it. Not completely automatic, but pretty close.

Edit: Ha, I see I replied a little late. Several folks have pointed this out already.:oops:
I can deal with that.

Is that really a common thing? Our Stinger GT resets the drive mode every start/stop cycle as well.
Honda's do for sure.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, you have to hit OK at startup every time though.
alright so it's just annoying like turning off the auto shut off at a stop sign... add it to the list lol

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting - mine has a 4x4 error now and the GOAT modes are not working - the error doe3s not come up immediately, so before it comes up I am able to change GOAT modes. I was able to go from normal to 4x4 High - as I was moving the GOAT mode to other modes, it gave me the error and would not go out of 4x4 high anymore. That sucks because I was at a stoplight on the pavement. I know we cannot drive 4x4 on the road - so I turned off the car hoping to reset the GOAT. I turned it back on and it was still in the prior GOAT mode. I did not have the 4x4 error yet, so I was able to quickly put it back in normal.
So long story short - my 4x4 mode did stick after a shut down and restart.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Sadly not.
It does on mine. It stays on ECO, just asks me if i would like to stay in ECO, and I hit Ok.
Sponsored