Sponsored

Can reward points be used to buy Ford merch?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m finding the rewards points exchange rate to be worse than Pesos..

Combine this with the fact that Ford’s accessories pricing is like double what you can find the same items for on the open market and it just doesn’t make sense to spend my rewards points on accessories. So I’m thinking - blow them on Ford merchandise (hats, t-shirts, jackets, etc). The exchange rate isn’t any better but at least the pricing is more realistic (e.g. $25 for a hat is about what you’d pay anywhere for a hat)

But the web site for merch doesn’t recognize my login. It says “employee login” and my user name password won’t work.

I reached out to Ford with this question and got the typical “I’ll have somebody get back with you on this” - which, of course, they still haven’t.

Anybody else use rewards points for merch? If so, did you do it online? Or have to go down the the dealership to do it. Can the dealer order stuff that they might not have in the showroom?
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same questions. Hopefully someone who has successfully maneuvered the matrix, can tell us how. I too have tried, only to get the same responses as the OP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can reward points be used to buy Ford merch?

xa8tSUv.jpg

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine came without door bags. sales rep said I could use FordPass points.

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I bought my bronco i got like 20,000 points or something like that. Just told my salesman to order me the trunk liner and use my points. Easy process. I would also wonder if you use your points on the website do you still have to pay shipping?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still no answer. I called my sales guy figuring he would know (or could ask somebody who does). Still no answer.

What he did say was “anything with a Ford part number” can be bought with rewards points. As an example, he said he had a recent customer who bought a diesel and used $375 in rewards points to buy nothing but Ford motor oil (plans to do his own oil changes).

The shirts/jackets/hats do have an “item number” listed - but those numbers do not appear to be formatted as any Ford part number I’ve seen in the past. So I’m thinking the answer might be “no”. Which will be a bummer, if true.

But he’s going to ask his parts manager (who won’t be in until Monday). So back to waiting.

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got the answer: “NO”

Reason given was Ford swag is technically not a Ford product. They farm that part of the biz out to some other company. So no Ford part number. Means can’t buy with reward points.

Salesman did give me a back door idea: “buy a bumper with your points, return it for a refund, then use that cash to buy swag”.

More effort than I want to put out to buy a bunch of hats and shirts - but I like the way this guy thinks :LOL:
Sponsored