Sponsored

Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get the price jump over Base either. For almost $5k I'd rather buy the Sasquatch package and build a Basequatch.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really am not looking to troll anyone or disparage anybody’s choices, I’m just wondering if I’m completely missing something.

It seems to me that for 4400 bucks above the base, what you’re really buying is the right to buy more stuff that you can’t get on the base, like a locker, like the mid package. I see there are a couple of actual things that you get: leather wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, privacy glass, slightly larger tires and rims. Also a different grill.

But those items certainly don’t equal 4400 bucks, so I’m wondering if the price is simply a fee you have to pay to enable access to more features that you also have to pay for. Did I miss something?

Again, I’m not trolling and I’m not trying to start any crap, I’m genuinely interested in understanding this a little bit better. Is the base model really a loss leader for them? Is this the real true pricing of what this truck should cost?
On 4 door Bend makes sense, $2600 gets you better rims + rubber and the optional rear Locker, leather wheel as well as $150 worth of window tint. 2 door, Base squatch is a no brainer.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's the package that makes no sense to make you say "well golly, I might as well get the black diamond!"

Jokes on them, basesquatch, aftermarket leather steering wheel, and don't care about heated seats in Miami. Bang bang!

OP
OP
30ips

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess if you REALLY want Cactus Gray, Race Red or Area 51...

OP
OP
30ips

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's the package that makes no sense to make you say "well golly, I might as well get the black diamond!"

Jokes on them, basesquatch, aftermarket leather steering wheel, and don't care about heated seats in Miami. Bang bang!
I was thinking basesquatch but think 35” mud terrain tires on my DD is a bit much, lol.

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the reveal, my first thought was that the Base was indeed a loss leader so that the magical sub-$30k price point could be advertised.

I'll admit it worked on me, as I sat up in my chair a little bit when I saw $28,500 + destination for a base 2-Door.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I feel like that is EVERY package. V6 basesquatch-might as well get 2.3 BD.....BD squatch (or v6)-might as well get BL.....BL squatch (or v6)-might as well get Wildtrack. VERY easy to option a lower level package over the price of the package above it (based on the survey pricing anyway)!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like that is EVERY package. V6 basesquatch-might as well get 2.3 BD.....BD squatch (or v6)-might as well get BL.....BL squatch (or v6)-might as well get Wildtrack. VERY easy to option a lower level package over the price of the package above it (based on the survey pricing anyway)!
On Fords side of things that’s probably a sign of a job well done for that department!

When this whole thing gets screwed up for me is when these unknown accessories start coming out, that I think I without! Yet again, everybody in this community will be rethinking their choices :)

Sponsored

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just like Jeep does with the Wrangler. You have to jump from a Sport to a Sport S just to have the option to get a/c and power windows and locks.
So then not like the Wrangler, because the Base Bronco already comes with power windows/locks and AC.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

None of that sounds very disturbing to me. End user just needs to be fair and form with themself , their need/want.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They've priced it well to force these scenarios. But right now I'm at v6 basesquatch for me. I'll take that over 2.3 BD all day. Aftermarket can add all the off road perks bd has. Engine, gearing, suspension, and tires are way more important than rails, plates and bumpers IMO.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of it the other way though. The Base model price has been artificially lowered so Ford can advertise starting at less than $30K. However they gimped the Base model.
This idea is what makes me nervous for the BaseManSquatch.....that's a WHOLE LOT O' TRUCK for the money. I'm curious if Ford will catch this and SQUASH the SQUATCH?
Sponsored