Sponsored

Can we trust a production date if we got one?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else but I'm seeing stuff of us having to wait months/years before seeing our bronco. So my question is, is this message for anyone who has yet to receive their production date/how reliable is the production date ford gives? I got mine for a 2021 on the week of December 6th

For reference, its a 4dr 2.7l auto badlands with the Sasquatch, soft top, lux, tow, b&o sound
Sponsored

Last edited:

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're in the last week of 2021 production, you can't go back any further. You have a VIN, which means Ford is confident they can build your vehicle this year.

The threads about people waiting years is for those that don't have a VIN and production date.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha! So all good things for my case? Mostly concerned because I see people getting switched over from a 21. I'm alright with not getting a 22MY but I might be placing another order for my son.. guessing that'll be the one the years thing will apply to?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, you'll get this one built that week and delivered shortly after most likely.

If you place a new order, that one could take a while if your dealer doesn't have enough allocation to cover all their orders. I'd ask your dealer how many orders they have waiting already and how much allocation they have/estimate for 2022 Broncos. They might not be willing to share that but might give you an estimated timeline for delivery on the second order using what they know about those two factors.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No.

nono-drag-queen.gif

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're in the last week of 2021 production, you can't go back any further. You have a VIN, which means Ford is confident they can build your vehicle this year.

The threads about people waiting years is for those that don't have a VIN and production date.
Of course you can go back further or worse, welcome to Dirt Mountain Storage Complex, where dreams go to die.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Of course you can go back further or worse, welcome to Dirt Mountain Storage Complex, where dreams go to die.
Production won't go back further, they're switching over to 2022s the next week. His VIN is tied to MY2021 so they'll at least build it that week.

If they're still putting fresh off the line broncos on dirt mountain in December, Ford is fucked on multiple levels

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, you'll get this one built that week and delivered shortly after most likely.

If you place a new order, that one could take a while if your dealer doesn't have enough allocation to cover all their orders. I'd ask your dealer how many orders they have waiting already and how much allocation they have/estimate for 2022 Broncos. They might not be willing to share that but might give you an estimated timeline for delivery on the second order using what they know about those two factors.
If your dealer won't share that, they suck. If your dealer can't be open and honest with you about allocation, find one that will.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Production won't go back further, they're switching over to 2022s the next week. His VIN is tied to MY2021 so they'll at least build it that week.

If they're still putting fresh off the line broncos on dirt mountain in December, Ford is fucked on multiple levels
They intend to switch... I agree, and it's not like they've ever slipped a date.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the current state of the world's supply chain (chip shortages and what not), 2 months is a long long time.... I would say IF things don't change, you're in a really good position to get your Bronco delivered somewhere around the first of the year. Ford is currently planning on switching the model year over the week after your production, those plans could change if there are delays and I could definitely see MY21 extending a few weeks closer to the end of the year.

They are rolling out Broncos right not so hopefully there aren't any major issues between now and then!

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your dealer won't share that, they suck. If your dealer can't be open and honest with you about allocation, find one that will.
If they aren't willing to share that, it's probably because they have way more orders/reservations than allocations and you're better off finding somewhere else anyways. They've got everything to gain by sharing this info unless they know you'll be waiting years.

I saw your open letter to Ford about Dirt Mountain. Are they just holding defective hard top broncos there or more reasons too? I wanted the hard but dealer advised me to get a soft to avoid delays. Said their fleet mgr looked over the rest and said it was fine.

Mine was 6/29/21 so I will tell you no
Your... production date was 6/29/21? Did they build it or dirt mountain?

Last edited:
OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far we've got 2 votes yes, 2 votes no. Not saying anyones wrong, I'm rooting for the optimists but just thought I'd post a running total:)

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that you have been given the most realistic production date that anyone has gotten all year.

Chachi1551

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else but I'm seeing stuff of us having to wait months/years before seeing our bronco. So my question is, is this message for anyone who has yet to receive their production date/how reliable is the production date ford gives? I got mine for a 2021 on the week of December 6th

For reference, its a 4dr 2.7l auto badlands with the Sasquatch, soft top, lux, tow, b&o sound
In my years of experience here at a Ford dealer until the week of the build you can see the date change. However considering all the negative energy pushing these any further back would cause I would doubt it on a 2021.
Sponsored