Sponsored

Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!!

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer says there's still time to change my color, and I can't f-ing decide between these two.

On one hand, EG looks very classic Bronco, and it really shines in the sun. Downsides is that every other Bronco in my area is the same color, and it looks pretty dull on cloudy days.

Velocity blue looks great. Really love the color, loses a lot of the "classic" look of the green though. Much bolder color, which I like. I also *very* rarely see this color on the streets, only a handful of times ever even though it's been around longer than EG.

Super, super torn. Every time I see a photo of an EG green in the sun I'm like, that's the color! Then I see a SAS Velocity Blue and I'm just in love with how great it looks.

Someone guide me in the right direction. I miss Cyber Orange, that was an easy choice on the 2 doors.
Sponsored

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the eruption green and I chose that over the blue because my F-150 is blue and I wanted something different. I love the green. I have only seen one other green one on the road so it’s interesting that you see so many.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was able to see both in person on my dealer's lot. The EG had too much of a lighter jungle green color to me in some light. And the VB was just too bright blue for me (wish they still had AMB). After going there to decide between those two, I left having picked Hot Pepper Red.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The blue is a little bright when clean but looks awesome when dirty. The green looks great when clean but subdued when dirty. I run a dirty rig all the time, so VB for me.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Green wasn't an option in 21, I like it alot but when I wanted my Bronco I wanted something Bright. If there had been a real orange I would have done that, cyber was too yellow for me.

I had always loved Velocity Blue, so it was an easy choice for me. 14 months after delivery I'm super happy and get a lot of compliments.

Ford Bronco Can't decide between Eruption Green and Velocity Blue!!! 20221203_135350

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too liked the classic look of EG, but it was vetoed by my family who called it "old man green", VB was far down my list.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The blue is a little bright when clean but looks awesome when dirty. The green looks great when clean but subdued when dirty. I run a dirty rig all the time, so VB for me.
This is actually a really interesting observation. The green does look kind of dull when dirty, whereas VB is so bright it shines through.

I drove a 2D VB Wildtrack at the off-roadeo, what a good looking rig.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is actually a really interesting observation. The green does look kind of dull when dirty, whereas VB is so bright it shines through.

I drove a 2D VB Wildtrack at the off-roadeo, what a good looking rig.

I chose VB based on dirty looks and have not been disappointed. I'm 15 months and 18K miles into ownership and I've washed it twice. I get a lot of compliments on how nice it looks.

Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Build week 1/23/23
self reporting of ordered color, One build week, so very small sample
VB = 10%
EG = 21%

was at dealer yesterday and they got in a shipment of 6 Broncos.
2 of which were VB and none were EG. Seen VB on the road as well. Have yet to see an EG in my area.

I went with EG. Both colors are awesome.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
VB pops more. It's not a super popular color on Bronco (middle of the pack), but it's been very popular on the F-150.

EG looks really dark except in full sun. I think it looks better on a Mustang than Bronco. I ended up ordering Hot Pepper Red after they discontinued Rapid Red.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a WT on order, since the demise of CO I went with HPR which I think is a great color on the Bronco and one you don't see a lot.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a WT on order, since the demise of CO I went with HPR which I think is a great color on the Bronco and one you don't see a lot.
I really like the look of HPR but I am struggling to pull the trigger on it. Which is weird since HPR is similar to Mazda's Soul Red, which I loved on my 2019 Miata.

Wish I could see it in person. I don't think I've ever seen a HPR two door.
Sponsored